Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    same I was shocked to see Curley .. but once I got writing the ideas seem to just flow so it was rather easy .. crooks as an extract though :L might as well give me those marks :L

wbu ?
    I'd literally memorised essays on dreams and violence and loneliness so I was pretty disappointed that they didn't come up. That being said, I managed to make about 8 different points about Curley, I said he was embodiment of all the themes. I made one quote up though, about when Lennie dies him seeing "shot the *******" >.>.

Crooks as an extract = perfect! I wrote about a page but only did 3 PEEs .

The poetry was surprisingly easy, hardly any differences!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    I'll try ( although its quite hard not in person ) what dont you get about them ? the fg(x) or g-1​(x) etc.
    Literally everything ;'(
    So scared about the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    what was your english literature novel & play you studied?
    I did Animal Farm for the extract question (Section A) and OMAM for the essay question (Section B).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    I'd literally memorised essays on dreams and violence and loneliness so I was pretty disappointed that they didn't come up. That being said, I managed to make about 8 different points about Curley, I said he was embodiment of all the themes. I made one quote up though, about when Lennie dies him seeing "shot the *******" >.>.

Crooks as an extract = perfect! I wrote about a page but only did 3 PEEs .

The poetry was surprisingly easy, hardly any differences!
    yeah I tweak a few quotes as I can't remember them perfectly :L

I did about 3/4 of a page for the extract (small handwriting :L )

the poetry had many similarities but I just sorted made some alternative meanings to make some differences I could stick in there :L and even some to just put as a similarity ... I said mrs porter Died, but the language could suggest she was 'disposed of' :L summat like that -.-

ReputationRep:
    I'm giving up with maths - somebody motivate me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Literally everything ;'(
    So scared about the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you'll be fine, I completely failed the last one so I need like 99% for an A* which is not gunna happen :cry:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not that hard! If I can get an A* you can too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    yeah I tweak a few quotes as I can't remember them perfectly :L

I did about 3/4 of a page for the extract (small handwriting :L )

the poetry had many similarities but I just sorted made some alternative meanings to make some differences I could stick in there :L and even some to just put as a similarity ... I said mrs porter Died, but the language could suggest she was 'disposed of' :L summat like that -.-
    I just talked about how the last line ''as all the woman drew closer to the table'' was a metaphor for death or something. xD
    What do you think will come up for Lord of the flies/ A View from the Bridge (if you're doing them!!)

ReputationRep:
    I felt like the literature exam went really well! Did Woman In Black and Of Mice and Me on AQA.
    The WiB question was really straightforward, I think literally everybody in my class wrote about pathetic fallacy in the fog... But it was a little disappointing that I had to choose the chapter question, when I felt that I there was so much else in the rest of the book that I didn't get to talk about.

Of Mice and Men, I could have kissed the examiner when I saw Slim had come up for the extract. The part b was a little tricky but I think it went well. Wrote about physical appearance, symbolism and the theme of power and strength.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maths is easy. Again, my notes are OP (I had the best maths/teacher in the school :lol:), so let me know if you'd like them. I'm sure we're all willing to help each other with things that we don't understand

On this paper, I'm pretty sure the following will come up:
    Constructions
    Vectors
    Histograms

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find chemistry today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Why do you want to do two languages?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love languages - I'm taking Latin GCSE also.
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    What I'm doing?

EDIT: I just realised that was link to the German course There are other languages on there :lol:
    A bit steep in price
    (Original post by gomg)
    o jesus that english lit paper
    was haard
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    The Inspector Calls question was probably the easiest in English Literature history, and probably the one which gave the biggest potential for 30 marks as well.
    Section B for the Of Mice and Men question though...

:console:
    did you do b? I did b but i kind of ran out of ideas in the last few mins (i did it after OMAM)
    I hate questions like that. We were taught responses for specific characters in our Of Mice and Men question, the primary responses being Lennie, George AND Lennie, Candy and Crooks. Slim came up.
    I know that feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Maths is easy. Again, my notes are OP (I had the best maths/teacher in the school :lol:), so let me know if you'd like them. I'm sure we're all willing to help each other with things that we don't understand

On this paper, I'm pretty sure the following will come up:
    Constructions
    Vectors
    Histograms
    Omg do you have note on functions?
    Please say yes

Ahh thanks, I'm useless at those three too though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know the answer was

whatever you answer for previous question divided by (6/44) then that had to be divided by 100 to make it KJ .. I got something like 1085.7 KJ
    I forgot how to do it.. I finally gave up on that question.
    What did you put for the question on how the boy could improve the reliability and how/why the method can be used to compare different fuels ?
    Now it's time for physics...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    How did everyone find chemistry today?
    Is that igcse? Can't discuss it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshenSun)
    Of Mice and Men, I could have kissed the examiner when I saw Slim had come up for the extract. The part b was a little tricky but I think it went well. Wrote about physical appearance, symbolism and the theme of power and strength.
    I knew Slim would come up!

Having said that, I don't think I did very well on Part a... I just kept talking about what a swell guy Slim is and basically waffled about respect, majesty and hierarchy, I didn't really get much AO2 in

However, I think I may have countered this with my response to part b as I got a load of AO1, a fair bit of AO2 in and a lot of AO4 in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    I knew Slim would come up!

Having said that, I don't think I did very well on Part a... I just kept talking about what a swell guy Slim is and basically waffled about respect, majesty and hierarchy, I didn't really get much AO2 in

However, I think I may have countered this with my response to part b as I got a load of AO1, a fair bit of AO2 in and a lot of AO4 in
    So happy TSR predictions were right!
    When I opened the paper I thought "Ok good, Eric is here... Let me quickly turn over, oh look it's Slim! Love your TSR!"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what questions came up for inspector calls and of mice and men?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think chemistry could have gone any better today, about 60% of the exam was in my mock and a lot of it came from the specimen paper! My only worry is on the 6 mark question about titrations, I didn't realise it was a base to acid titration, not acid to base until last minute so I made a lot of crossings out and asterisks - it's all pretty accurate but I worry about QWC... I also did a short paragraph summarising the experiment just in case I had missed anything out in the explanation because I panicked

ReputationRep:
    Is that igcse? Can't discuss it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, it's GCSE AQA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.