Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Conditional from Canterbury!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    congratulations! i had my interview on wednesday, but unfortunately unsuccesful x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet16)
    Which subject for Christ Church yesterday? I was there too haha, trying to remember who was called Becca.
    for primary. haha thats because my names 'Rebekah' x

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how quickly things are moving with offers and rejections :eek:

Apparently Edinburgh has closed and will be releasing interviews from the 9th to the 11th! So anxious.

If anyone else is in Scotland- are you studying the CfE in depth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbaby)
    yay i got an interview for Greenwich.
    Well Done did you apply for primary or secondary? I've applied for primary with science...anybody else?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Offer for the IoE! So happy as now this takes the pressure off of my other interviews, and I don't have to worry about what I do if I don't get in.

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who is getting offers and interviews!
    Still not heard from any of mine has anyone had anything from bishop grotts, Bedford or Anglia Ruskin?

ReputationRep:
    Passed my literacy test just before but there was a glitch on the spellings that had me questioning what was real.

Basically the word that was read out had an extra T in it, for example the correct word which fit into the sentence would be 'progressively' but the word read out sounded like 'progrestively' which as far as I am aware is not a word.

It was the same for 3 questions, if I'd failed I would have complained!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else struggling to access practise skills tests on DfE? I managed to do so earlier this afternoon and just tried to do another practise test but the page says no result found... how odd!

I probably would have complained about the glitch in the test anyway, it seems a bit bizarre as I'm pretty sure #progrestively' is not a word either!!

Glad you passed though! Got both num and lit on monday!

ReputationRep:
    Offer from the ioe for secondary english! So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccamoore220493)
    congratulations! i had my interview on wednesday, but unfortunately unsuccesful x
    I was there on Wednesday too, I'm trying to think if I remember you lol

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful did they say why? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hllovt)
    I just saw your other post- I applied for UWE too! They are the only one I have had any acknowledgement from though! I hope it's soon!! When did you summit your application? Xx
    Ha yeah I keep frantically checking my emails during work. I sent it off about a week ago. When did you send yours off? Are you from the area?

xx

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone getting offers! Only feeling a *little* sorry for myself that my application hasn't even gone yet. :-/ Ha.

Doesn't seem like anyone has heard from my choices yet though..

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for/heard from Winchester or Southampton?? The waits so hard

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing from my referee... I know it's only the afternoon still but the waiting is driving me mad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo_Marie)
    oh :confused: I have just tried to do a practice numeracy test on the DofE website, timed and in an environment like the real thing, and I failed terribly!! On the mental arithmatic I actually didn't get to enter my answer before it had moved onto the next screen!!

I am now a bit panicked because I actually have a maths test at St Marys as part of the interview on Wednesday next week, and now I am a little scared as to whether I will pass or not!!

How has everyone else found the maths tests?

And would anyone have been to St Mary's already and know if it mental arithmatic and/or time restricted?
    The first time I did the practise one I failed miserably, because I wasn't used to it at all. However with some revision and looking on youtube advice on short cut ways to answer questions quickly I found I improved loads until at one point I got 100% on the mental maths. The actual test I didn't get 100% (i'm sure) but did pass.
    Have a look on youtube, there are loads of tips. Oh and I also found calming down and doing some calm breathing, actually sped me up!

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen on track that I have an interview at Brunel on the 17th but I have already confirmed with Reading that I'd go to an interview there that day. I haven't had anything directly from Brunel, only this track update, so I'm not sure how to go about rescheduling. Any advice?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pebbles19)
    I've just seen on track that I have an interview at Brunel on the 17th but I have already confirmed with Reading that I'd go to an interview there that day. I haven't had anything directly from Brunel, only this track update, so I'm not sure how to go about rescheduling. Any advice?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What have you applied for? Reading is my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    Offer from the ioe for secondary english! So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats! When did you send off yor application and when did you go for the interview? Also how was da interview process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    Is anyone else struggling to access practise skills tests on DfE? I managed to do so earlier this afternoon and just tried to do another practise test but the page says no result found... how odd!

I probably would have complained about the glitch in the test anyway, it seems a bit bizarre as I'm pretty sure #progrestively' is not a word either!!

Glad you passed though! Got both num and lit on monday!

i cant get on the skills test online either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballroombabe)
    What have you applied for? Reading is my first choice
    Primary what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.