Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Video interview is the last stage for W&C - Up until this year, they decided purely on the application form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by actusreus94)
    Yes! It said to do it ASAP to increase the chances of being successful? Maybe they decided just to wait until all of them were in.
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibidi)
    Long time reader, first time poster..

I've got some upcoming assessments and wondering if anybody can share experiences/advice:
    - Linklaters AC (for a straight TC)
    - Latham & Watkins interviews (summer vac scheme)
    - Debevoise & Plimpton open day (summer vac scheme)

All of these invites were given to me this week if this is useful information for anybody.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Hey I had a TC interview with linklaters yesterday. The whole process is quite long, abt 2hr for the etray exercise (1hr multiple choices answering 24 emails and 50min drafting your own response to one email), 1hr watson glaser (no time pressure for this one) and two face-to-face interviews. My advice with the eTray is do not spend too long on one question.. there is a serious time pressure on that test .. although i heard many people dont get to finish it but still got through, so dont worry too much if you miss a few... the general interview is competency heavy and scripted, many tell me a time you.... type of questions but none of them unexpectable. For the analytical interview, prepare to be challenged and defend your point. Some time they just want you to develop it further rather than actually thinking you were wrong. So dont panic.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Silly question but if a firm asks you to "please send your CV, including a breakdown of your degree classification" does that mean every single module grade? I don't know if I can fit each module grade on my CV - would the overall % for each year do?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to those with W&C video interview invites. I've still heard nothing, so it's looking increasingly like yet another straight rejection from a US firm for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Silly question but if a firm asks you to "please send your CV, including a breakdown of your degree classification" does that mean every single module grade? I don't know if I can fit each module grade on my CV - would the overall % for each year do?
    No, I think the norm is that they want modular results. Just decrease the font or redo the formatting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Congrats to those with W&C video interview invites. I've still heard nothing, so it's looking increasingly like yet another straight rejection from a US firm for me...
    I wouldn't worry, I applied a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet either! It's on a rolling basis I guess so sit tight Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    I wouldn't worry, I applied a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet either! It's on a rolling basis I guess so sit tight Good luck!
    Is it rolling? Assumed it wasn't. Fingers crossed for the both of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmopsk)
    They draw the questions from a bank so its hard to predict what you might get. It's five or six questions in total - the question flashes on the screen for 30 seconds then you get a minute and a half to two minutes to answer.

I got a couple of standard (why mishcon etc), one commercial one (tell me about a recent commercial news item you found interesting), and then a couple of competency. I also got asked how I spent summer 2014 which I was surprised by!

My advice would be keep an eye on the timer - I got caught out on one. Prepare properly - maybe have some notes nearby if you get stuck. I think I fluffed it - still waiting to hear back a week and a half later.

Good luck!
    That's really helpful, thank you! I'm sure you did fine...no news is good news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narusku)
    No, I think the norm is that they want modular results. Just decrease the font or redo the formatting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I will adjust the format

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Video interview with White & Case!!

Also @Procrastination1, sorry to hear about Travers mate, what do you think tripped you up??
    I got feedback he said that I was a strong candidate but just not as strong as others. He said I should have focussed my responses a bit more and said a bit more about why a career in law appeals to me. I actually thought I rambled on too much for that question. I'm just upset that I wont be able to apply to them
    again as their policy is not to take anyone that has been rejected after interview.

ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to take the same test too. I dont know the level of difficulty, cant seem to find any threads on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vwalters94)
    Just been invited to take Dentons Watson glazer does anyone know if this is just the standard critical thinking test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No idea regarding the level of difficulty. I have been invited to take the test too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    It should be good news. No point in phoning to reject given the amount of people they invite to AC.
    Haha unfortunately not.. Ah well, I appreciated the feedback

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmshire)
    I had one a couple months ago - it was very to the point ie question-answer, question-answer. no chit chat, was over in just over 10mins. Pretty standard questions - aside from the usual why us/why you etc, they asked -
    - how i keep up to date with commercial news
    - what 3 factors clients look for when appointing a firm
    - what the 3 most important factors affecting global commerce are

best of luck!
    Thank you. Couldn't find anything on the telephone interview 😊

ReputationRep:
    Heard from Farrers, got an open day early March So surprised, thought my application was terrible ... Really happy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseh92)
    Heard from Farrers, got an open day early March So surprised, thought my application was terrible ... Really happy!!!
    Great news well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseh92)
    Congrats! Do you mind if I ask when you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Taylor Wessing? Applied to them in late December, heard nothing yet ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Congrats! Do you mind if I ask when you applied?
    Back in November

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.