Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was lining up a double transfer last night at the cost of a 4 point hit and decided not to as a result of fixtures. I was going to do Pelle and Tadic to Aguero and Henderson but decided to wait until after Southamptons 2 easy home games. At about 2:30 I was furious but now, it's looking a little better. Overall not a bad week so far with points from Pelle, Tadic, Clyne and Welbeck. Disappointed in Costa and Courtois but basically everyone has Costa and a Chelsea defender, at least I didn't have Azpi. Felipe Luis looks like a great option for 3 weeks as well now if not for terrible fixtures.
    Sterling and Di Maria (c) still to play could get big points plus Manquillo, Siggy and now Ferdinand (in for Costa) should all get 2. Quite a decent week thanks to Southampton.

(Original post by paddyman4)
    lol now I know you're lying. If this was your third gameweek with him, then you bought him straight after he got 2 points. He did nothing in a match, had had 10 points in three weeks, and you bought him off the back of that. That's hardly him 'hitting form'.

As for me 'enjoying his 2s', he's only failed to score twice this season - and one of those two times was apparently the performance that convinced you he had hit form.

So anyway, you're obviously trolling, too bad you're not smart enough to do it convincingly.
    (Original post by Lts gt lost 2nyt)
    x
    Post a link to your team. Simply click on points and then copy the web address and post it here. Then we can all see in which week you transferred in Aguero (if at all) and how well you are doing overall so we can all bow down to your evident superiority.
    If you opt not to do this very simple and fast solution then we can only be left to draw our own conclusions and I don't think a lot of people will be backing you up.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero(VC), Tadic, Lukaku, Fabregas going the business. Won't miss Costa (C). Anticipating 80ish from today's players.

Can't believe Tadic only has 3% ownership. He's been on the verge of a big haul all season.

ReputationRep:
    44 from 5 with skipper still to play. Still potential for a big haul. Freak week for Southampton. Pelle is sick though

ReputationRep:
    **** you Sturridge! Brought him for in Pelle who got plenty of points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    29 points.......................... ......................

If AdM doesn't do the business tomorrow then I am well and truly ****ed.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)

If AdM doesn't do the business tomorrow then I am well and truly ****ed.
    He won't do the business tomorrow because he's not playing tomorrow

I have him captain too.., but hoping he gets rested so Pelle can be my captain

I'm on 51 points with, ADM (C), Siggurdson, Sterling and Taylor to play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    He won't do the business tomorrow because he's not playing tomorrow

I have him captain too.., but hoping he gets rested so Pelle can be my captain

I'm on 51 points with, ADM (C), Siggurdson, Sterling and Taylor to play
    Monday then :pierre:

**** week

ReputationRep:
    Ok i never had a chance at tsr anyways, but im still top of my H2H league and near top in one of my others. Think I'll consider Ghost FC if next week goes bad. For now, relax....

feel for you endless ;(

ReputationRep:
    Up to 996 overall:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Messed up. Took out Pelle for Ulloa...

ReputationRep:
    drop of 4 places.. actually pretty happy with that, thought it would be worse..

Stirling tommorrow as captain does not fill me with confidence though..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have a handle on price changes yet? I'm worried Duff will drop to 4.1 and thinking now might be the time swap him for a 4.0 and cash in on that 0.1.

Moore of Leicester (£4.0) looks a decent punt as a bench warmer / rotation, to play just once or twice in the next half dozen games.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, the only easy route to get aguaro in, is to drop sanchez.. but I dont want to do that as he is not doing to badly.. he has overtaken ramsey, and seems to be a focal point for arsenal..

Hmm, other possible drop would be di maria..

Or my prefered option is dropping stirling, but then that leads to needing a -8pt..

Ot I do it over 2 weeks, which is probably the best option.. no point hit this week, and I downgrade a player, and then next week it stirling + welbeck out, and aguaro + other, in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    Anyone have a handle on price changes yet? I'm worried Duff will drop to 4.1 and thinking now might be the time swap him for a 4.0 and cash in on that 0.1.

Moore of Leicester (£4.0) looks a decent punt as a bench warmer / rotation, to play just once or twice in the next half dozen games.
    Fplstatistics.co.uk is very accurate. Duff is actually increasing by 0.1 tonight lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow just leapfrogged into the top 10. Probably won't be able to hold on to it by the end of the GW but still 5 to play.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Fplstatistics.co.uk is very accurate. Duff is actually increasing by 0.1 tonight lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really, that's peculiar when you see how Burnley have defensively gone to pot!

I don't usually ask the board for advice because:

1. it's tedious and
    2. the advice is usually ****ing obvious, and
    3. why take advice from people trying to win the same competition as you ffs

but since i'm talking about a complex eight point hit, I think it's worth asking for people's experience if they're willing. I'm thinking about setting my team up for the impending Everton run (I have no Everton defenders) and impending deterioration of Stoke fixtures (I have Bardsley and Begovic), whilst also considering that I don't want to have to take a further points hit to get Walcott in quickly if needbe...

So i'm looking at:

A)

Begovic out Foster (WBA) in
    Silva out Tadic in
    Duff out Moore (Lei) in
    Bardsley out Coleman in. (total is 2 transfers plus an 8 point hit)

This leaves me with .3 in the bank and the option to go Sterling to Walcott if Sterling blanks tomorrow (I'd be to worried about him dropping by .1 to leave much longer). Obviously there's plenty of alternatives to the above, but the main one i'm looking at is

B)

Begovic out Foster (WBA) in
    Duff out Moore in
    Bardsley out Jags in. (total is two transfers plus a 4 point hit)
    Leaving me with a choice of either Silva or Sterling to Walcott.

For reference here's my team (£104.1m, bank 0.1m)

Begovic
    Heaton

Bardsley
    Clyne
    Taylor
    Hutton
    Duff

Sig
    ADM
    Sterling
    Silva
    Boyd

Costa
    Pelle
    Aguero

thoughts?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Still clinging on to top spot but my lead is down to a single point. Some people have fantastic scores this week.

ReputationRep:
    Oh really, that's peculiar when you see how Burnley have defensively gone to pot!

I don't usually ask the board for advice because:

1. it's tedious and
    2. the advice is usually ****ing obvious, and
    3. why take advice from people trying to win the same competition as you ffs

For reference here's my team (£104.1m, bank 0.1m)

Begovic
    Heaton

Bardsley
    Clyne
    Taylor
    Hutton
    Duff

Sig
    ADM
    Sterling
    Silva
    Boyd

Costa
    Pelle
    Aguero

thoughts?
    You're front 3 is sorted, I have the same

I like how you use Silva as a differential but really i'd get Fabregas. The guy is an assist machine and more consistent than Silva. I'm a massive Walcott fan but unless I see some consistency in his fitness I won't be getting him in. If you wanted to get Walcott in I'd drop Sterling, I'm tempted to drop him too for Tadic enabling me to get Baines.

You're defence is quite similar to mine except I have Moore and Wisdom. Same keeper too. Baines is an exception but I don't think there's much value in premium defenders this season, so keeping your defence budget friendly is the right approach imo.

TLDR get Fabregas with a view of swapping Sterling for Walcott if you really fancy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    You're front 3 is sorted, I have the same

I like how you use Silva as a differential but really i'd get Fabregas. The guy is an assist machine and more consistent than Silva. I'm a massive Walcott fan but unless I see some consistency in his fitness I won't be getting him in. If you wanted to get Walcott in I'd drop Sterling, I'm tempted to drop him too for Tadic enabling me to get Baines.

You're defence is quite similar to mine except I have Moore and Wisdom. Same keeper too. Baines is an exception but I don't think there's much value in premium defenders this season, so keeping your defence budget friendly is the right approach imo.

TLDR get Fabregas with a view of swapping Sterling for Walcott if you really fancy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sold Fabregas with a couple of other transfers to do Naismith to Pele and Fabregas to Di Maria. Silva was just an available premium option for a few games to replace Ramsey, and although he hasn't worked out, on balance those other transfers been a positive move. I'm glad you brought up Fabregas though, because i've been getting a touch of the 'It's too late to go back' when he's only risen by a couple of points since I got him, and he's obviously an important player. Considering Arsenal's rotten injuries he may be a better option than considering going back to Ramsey, or as you say Sterling.

edit: Problem is, I really don't think I can afford Fabregas and Walcott, and it would certainly rule out an Everton defender

ReputationRep:
    I sold Fabregas with a couple of other transfers to do Naismith to Pele and Fabregas to Di Maria. Silva was just an available premium option for a few games to replace Ramsey, and although he hasn't worked out, on balance those other transfers been a positive move. I'm glad you brought up Fabregas though, because i've been getting a touch of the 'It's too late to go back' when he's only risen by a couple of points since I got him, and he's obviously an important player. Considering Arsenal's rotten injuries he may be a better option than considering going back to Ramsey, or as you say Sterling.

edit: Problem is, I really don't think I can afford Fabregas and Walcott, and it would certainly rule out an Everton defender
    Getting Fabregas back would be my priority.

Silva is dispensable, and Sterling is starting to look like it too.

Doing Silva to Fab and then going with your plan B seems decent. If you're still able to do Sterling to Walcott if the time comes you'll be in a good position.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.