Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Ooh all A* unis, I wasn't confident enough to go for that haha
    Which durham college is it you've gone for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    St Hild and St Bede. I did my A levels last year so I'm on a gap year at the moment, one of my mates goes to that college so that's the main reason I applied there

ReputationRep:
    Is there much difference in the economics courses at nottingham and birmingham? In terms of career prospects and respectability?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a really tough time deciding which to firm out of KCL and Bristol. I went to the Bristol open day yesterday and really liked it but not as much as I like London. The only thing is that I like the Bristol course a bit more because it's pure economics and I feel Bristol might be slightly better in terms of employment prospects/ getting into a good postgraduate course. Does anyone know if this is true? I want to go to London but if Bristol is significantly better I would be willing to compromise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyrogyra)
    Is there much difference in the economics courses at nottingham and birmingham? In terms of career prospects and respectability?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nottingham is far superior in the eyes of potential employers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islander97)
    I'm having a really tough time deciding which to firm out of KCL and Bristol. I went to the Bristol open day yesterday and really liked it but not as much as I like London. The only thing is that I like the Bristol course a bit more because it's pure economics and I feel Bristol might be slightly better in terms of employment prospects/ getting into a good postgraduate course. Does anyone know if this is true? I want to go to London but if Bristol is significantly better I would be willing to compromise...
    had the same problem except with queen mary's. then realised that bristol is way better than those london unis, i'd love to go to london but unless you go to UCL or LSE then for economics bristol is better, especially if you do a level math cos it's a Bsc degree

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the bristol open day on the 11th of March?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeteMez)
    Anyone going to the bristol open day on the 11th of March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me 😄, I went to the Bath one yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you believe about Economics at St Andrews ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Me 😄, I went to the Bath one yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Might see you there 😝 what you thinking? Bristol or bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Ooh all A* unis, I wasn't confident enough to go for that haha
    Which durham college is it you've gone for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which collehe did you apply to? Also what college did you try for at Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMR1997)
    From my point of view, those of us taking economics care more about future career prospects than those applying for more vocational courses (English, Classics etc). I would say that the order for career prospects (based heavily on rankings but also employers at a career fair I attended) is Warwick>UCL>Bath>Bristol. Bristol might edge Bath overall but Bath has a real focus on placements and really preparing you for the labour market.
    Wow because I spoke to someone at Bristol a few days ago and that person said It is in the top 3-5 of job prospects(this sorta stuff). Obviously I guess there all good. But some would say UCL and Warwick are one bracket differentiated higher and I dont know the reason behind that.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Warwick for Economics.

7a* at GCSE, AAAA at AS and A*A*A*A predictions with Maths, Economics and Physics being the A*'s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeteMez)
    Might see you there 😝 what you thinking? Bristol or bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm Bath was really nice, but I've also heard lots of good things about Bristol so I'll have to wait and see which one is the one for me 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paddy444)
    Which collehe did you apply to? Also what college did you try for at Cambridge?
    I applied to St Cuthberts at durham and Queens' at cambridge

I genuinely randomly picked cuths and just figured Queens' sounded like a nice name for a college ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KIDO123)

7a* at GCSE, AAAA at AS and A*A*A*A predictions with Maths, Economics and Physics being the A*'s.
    God that's ridiculous! Are you asking for feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hey, sorry to hear about that If you dont mind me asking, when did you send your app and when did they respond

ReputationRep:
    What are people's opinions between bath and durham? (The course and the uni!)
    Thanks for any help😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

any idea why u were rejected? PS?

ReputationRep:

Join the club! I swear warwick seems like the hardest uni to get into atm!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiJH)
    Join the club! I swear warwick seems like the hardest uni to get into atm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please let that not be true *laughs nervously, almost manically*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.