Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    Hey, I'm meeting the line limit but not the character limit. What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Use shorter synonyms or cut some words out?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we are likely to hear about interview offers?

ReputationRep:
    Near the end of November, most likely .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richardjamesford)
    Anyone know when we are likely to hear about interview offers?
    Depends where you apply really, just make a note of when the interviews are for the places you applied to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think admissions tutors will be sympathetic to not leaving lines between paragraphs - they're well aware of the 47 line / 4000 character limit.

ReputationRep:
    Finally submitted! Managed to bite the bullet and make a decision about my choices (oh and also finally get my referee to do my reference). Weirdly, my UCAS PID did not change from before, which I can only assume is because the first time I went through UCAS was more than a decade ago... so they had no original number to change it back to.

I've gone for:

Newcastle
    Southampton
    Nottingham
    St George's.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    Good luck. Sorry, I don't know anything more than last year's threads can reveal about either of those. However, I believe you are correct about the way KIng's select, so if you are keen on going there, applying to both 4 and 5 year courses is a wise move. (Assuming you have access to loads of money!?)
    Thank you, I need the luck! Good luck to you too!!

ReputationRep:
    Does your UCAS personal id change straight away after submitting your UCAS or upon receipt of the welcome letter?! Just submitted and my pid has stayed the same as before, is this the one I give to UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateMedLyf)
    Does your UCAS personal id change straight away after submitting your UCAS or upon receipt of the welcome letter?! Just submitted and my pid has stayed the same as before, is this the one I give to UKCAT?
    No it's the one you get with the welcome to UCAS track email. It confirms your email and personal ID

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not applying this year but I wish you all the best!!! Please post if any of you do get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kantayya)
    Finally submitted! Managed to bite the bullet and make a decision about my choices (oh and also finally get my referee to do my reference). Weirdly, my UCAS PID did not change from before, which I can only assume is because the first time I went through UCAS was more than a decade ago... so they had no original number to change it back to.

I've gone for:

Newcastle
    Southampton
    Nottingham
    St George's.

Good luck everyone!
    Congratulations on submitting! I'm at George's for undergrad right now and it's amazing - good choice there!

ReputationRep:
    Finally sent!

Have any other graduates gone for all 5 year courses?

I went for:

Southampton
    KCL
    Queen Mary
    Leicester

Good luck everyone!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldhell)
    I'm not applying this year but I wish you all the best!!! Please post if any of you do get an offer!
    Very selfless of you! Where you hoping to apply in subsequent years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWRC2421)
    Finally sent!

I went for:

Southampton
    KCL
    Queen Mary
    Leicester

Good luck everyone!

x
    I've applied for Queen Mary and Leicester 5-year too. And KCL 4-year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    I've applied for Queen Mary and Leicester 5-year too. And KCL 4-year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh cool! good luck and keep in touch ... eek

ReputationRep:
    oh cool! good luck and keep in touch ... eek
    Best of luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys im not sure what to do!!
    I can't find a suitable 4th choice that will take me based on my grade C at GCSE Maths!!
    So far it's

Queen Mary
    Leicester
    Kings Undergrad (??)

Kings is a risk though as I only got 652.5

any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Finally sent!

I went for:

Southampton
    KCL
    Queen Mary
    Leicester

Good luck everyone!

x
    I have! I've applied to Southampton, KCL, Newcastle and Keele - all 5 year! x

ReputationRep:
    Finally submitted! Feel so relieved but now the waiting game begins. Who else will be checking track every 5 minutes, or is that just me?!

Good luck to everyone! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickyVee)
    Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice as I'm well and truly stuck!

I'm thinking of choosing Barts and Warwick but then can't decide on my last two out of Newcastle, Southampton and Kings (all 4 year). My UKCAT is 737.5 average. I really liked Newcastle so will probably apply there even though they have a very high UKCAT requirement so it's really between Kings and Southampton but I'm scared that my UKCAT might just be on the edge of high enough/not enough.

I did the GAMSAT this year but pretty sure it went badly. I'm too scared to apply to GAMSAT Unis not knowing what that score is. I have a 1st class MSci in Natural Sciences. I would apply to Birmingham but got rejected after interview there last year so am not eligible to reapply.

Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated.
    How did you find the interview at Birmingham? I'm applying this year and want to try to be as prepared as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.