Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    I'm at that stage again, in which I'm simultaneously certain I've met my grades and certain that I've not.
    I'm pretty sure I have but will be devastated if I'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I'm pretty sure I have but will be devastated if I'm wrong
    So many people know for me too: old and new teachers, friends, family, etc. It would be so awkward telling each person because you'd relive that initial feeling each time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umutalberts)
    I thought I read on UCAS's website that track opens at 6 am... Or is that when you can get your results or something?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Schools that send emails/make results available online may do it as early as that, but Track doesn't open that early. Last year it went live at dead on 7.30am (I'd been refreshing it since about 7am last year haha), as mentioned above.

For most people, they'll be able to access track before their school opens to give them their actual grades - I couldn't get mine til 9.30am.

Also to everyone waiting on results - good luck!! I know exactly how you're all feeling.

ReputationRep:

Just to clarify -

The official time for UCAS Track updating is usually 8am. However, it normally updates slightly earlier - and last year was at 7.30am.

The time you receive your results depends on your school/college, some release them at 6am, others later on in the day - so you would have to check with them. There are some exam boards that have systems such as Edexcel Results Plus Direct which enable you to log in and check any results on that exam board at 6am - however this is signed up for at your school/college so again you'd need to check there

Bear in mind that you can log in when Track updates and find your place still unconfirmed, or not declined - the next thing to do is find out your results, if you've met your offer then you just need to wait for Track to update for you, if you haven't - this means the university is still deliberating and you can contact them to see what they will say/discuss your options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    So many people know for me too: old and new teachers, friends, family, etc. It would be so awkward telling each person because you'd relive that initial feeling each time.
    I'd just go into hiding :lol:

I was at a wedding last week, and my dad came along, and saw all these people he knew, and the first thing he'd say is, oh my son is going to Cambridge

everyone seems to think I'm actually in, not a conditional offer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I'd just go into hiding :lol:

I was at a wedding last week, and my dad came along, and saw all these people he knew, and the first thing he'd say is, oh my son is going to Cambridge

everyone seems to think I'm actually in, not a conditional offer...
    Haha yeah most adults don't understand or have forgotten the whole offer system

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Haha yeah most adults don't understand or have forgotten the whole offer system

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The people who actually understand education, in their time it was an entry test leading to a straight acceptance they said, so they probably just assumed the same

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, is it common that offers are given with grades specified for each subject (particularly for Medicine)?

I was given an offer of A*s in Biology and Chemistry, and As in Physics and Maths. I think it is likely that I get 3 A*s but not chem, missing the offer. I do think I am fairly close to the A* in chem - maybe 87% at worst. I still have a 20% probability of getting an A* in chem. Is anyone in a similar situation where they know they are going to miss their offer, but by only a bit? This middle waiting stage is so horrible D: Cambridge still seems so distant to me.

Also, if I am not mistaken, I have met the famous L'Evil Fish on Christ's open day... blonde, friendly, welsh accent and kinda tall. Idk lol, probably a coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clive Bixby)
    Hello guys, is it common that offers are given with grades specified for each subject (particularly for Medicine)?

I was given an offer of A*s in Biology and Chemistry, and As in Physics and Maths. I think it is likely that I get 3 A*s but not chem, missing the offer. I do think I am fairly close to the A* in chem - maybe 87% at worst. I still have a 20% probability of getting an A* in chem. Is anyone in a similar situation where they know they are going to miss their offer, but by only a bit? This middle waiting stage is so horrible D: Cambridge still seems so distant to me.
    I guess I'm the same in that I'm not feeling too optimistic about meeting my offer, despite the fact that I'm fortunate enough to have medicine offer of A*A*A with no specific subject requirements! But then I doubt there are many people who are going to be really confident.

Mind if I ask what college this is for?

Also, if I am not mistaken, I have met the famous L'Evil Fish on Christ's open day... blonde, friendly, welsh accent and kinda tall. Idk lol, probably a coincidence.
    L'Evil Fish is blonde?!

ReputationRep:

You should be let in with that tbh... I think they'd definitely be lenient if it was that, and if you were that close they'd be silly to reject you.

Unfortunately I don't think that was me I only meet one (maybe two) of those criteria

(Original post by Rhetorical Hips)
    I guess I'm the same in that I'm not feeling too optimistic about meeting my offer, despite the fact that I'm fortunate enough to have medicine offer of A*A*A with no specific subject requirements! But then I doubt there are many people who are going to be really confident.

L'Evil Fish is blonde?!
    Lmao, if I was blond I'd look very strange indeed.

ReputationRep:

L'Evil Fish is blonde?!
    It's for Sidney Sussex And yours?

Hahaha I think so, although I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    One moment I'm like "yeah looking back at it I should be getting 3 or 4A*s" the next I'm certain I'm going to Edinburgh (insurance)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasey)
    One moment I'm like "yeah looking back at it I should be getting 3 or 4A*s" the next I'm certain I'm going to Edinburgh (insurance)
    Preach. I insuranced Durham as well, and it turns out that I'm not even guaranteed a room at my original college choice now - and also it is really expensive! Nerves building up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasey)
    Same. Although, I probably wouldn't take my insurance as it's not Med so would have to take a gap year when all I really want to do is to start university.

What's your offer, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    It's for Sidney Sussex And yours?

Hahaha I think so, although I could be wrong.
    Gonville & Caius.

Same. Although, I probably wouldn't take my insurance as it's not Med so would have to take a gap year when all I really want to do is to start university.

Same, got no insurance

ReputationRep:

It's A*AA for Theology at Pembroke you? (Assuming medicine but which college haha)

ReputationRep:
    Preach. I insuranced Durham as well, and it turns out that I'm not even guaranteed a room at my original college choice now - and also it is really expensive! Nerves building up.
    Sigh this is agony, I'm just glad the days are flying by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasey)
    Sigh this is agony, I'm just glad the days are flying by
    Same! My reading isn't, though.

Have you had a reading list? I know some people for STEM subjects have but I haven't heard anything, so I'm wondering if its just my subject.

ReputationRep:
    Gonville & Caius.

Same, got no insurance
    I just REALLY hope we do enough to get in. Stats on Cambridge website show that about 1 in 18 don't get in so the chances are in our favour. Also, offer grades have gone up and people aren't allowed to retake exams (january ones) for the 2nd year so I think they will be ever so slightly more lenient than in the past. Though this is all conjecture so I know it's hard to be very optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    Same! My reading isn't, though.

Have you had a reading list? I know some people for STEM subjects have but I haven't heard anything, so I'm wondering if its just my subject.
    I haven't received a single reading list and hence have not read a single book. I'm assuming it'll come after results day...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.