Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MansB)
    Guys I did my UKCAT today. I did worse and I panicked during my exam. Please help me with some advise on where I can apply.
    I got 5A* 3As and 1B in GCSEs.

My UKCAT score: 590 VR, 720 QR, 580 AR.

I am predicted 40 points in IB. PLEASE HELP. I AM SO SAD
    Your score is above average and you're predicted very highly in your IB... Relax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings_queens)
    i hated doing kaplan mocks because you can't use any of the keyboard shortcuts and so i did better in the medify ones getting high 600s compared to low ones in kaplan cus the layout frustrated me
    wow, so you got about 100 more points in the real exam? Also, do you remember what score you got in Kaplan test 6 because I did unusually well in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    wow, so you got about 100 more points in the real exam? Also, do you remember what score you got in Kaplan test 6 because I did unusually well in that.
    yeah I did, was a shock to me. When i read my results I kept having to add them up and divide by 3 over and over again to make sure i was reading my average correct! (they do not give you your average or total on the results sheet)

I didn't bother doing 6 because I wanted to complete as much as medify as I could and like i said i hated the fact you couldn't use shortcuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcobruni98)
    Your score is above average and you're predicted very highly in your IB... Relax
    Which universities should I look at?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MansB)
    Which universities should I look at?
    Go away and look at some admissions documents, everyone has to do some research for themselves rather than expecting the kind and helpful people on here to do it all for them.

Have to say your IB is great. As a starting point avoid UKCAT heavy universities such as manchester, newcastle, glasgow, southampton, plymouth and exeter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings_queens)
    yeah I did, was a shock to me. When i read my results I kept having to add them up and divide by 3 over and over again to make sure i was reading my average correct! (they do not give you your average or total on the results sheet)

I didn't bother doing 6 because I wanted to complete as much as medify as I could and like i said i hated the fact you couldn't use shortcuts.
    What kind of patterns were there in AR? Were there multiple relationships or were they mainly simple patterns(e.g one contains right angles other set doesnt).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Go away and look at some admissions documents, everyone has to do some research for themselves rather than expecting the kind and helpful people on here to do it all for them.

Have to say your IB is great. As a starting point avoid UKCAT heavy universities such as manchester, newcastle, glasgow, southampton, plymouth and exeter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok I get it, but do I have a chance of getting into a medschool?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MansB)
    Ok I get it, but do I have a chance of getting into a medschool?
    Of course you have a chance your IB is outstanding and your UKCAT isnt below average, it is exactly average at 630 so its not the end of the road.

Like i said ukcat heavy medschools are a no no, as are some others such as SGUL and edinburgh where you are unlikely to get an interview based on previous scores required.

Try to look for medical schools which dont use the UKCAT very heavily, yor academics will make up for a low UKCAT at these. So look at birmingham, sheffield, cardiff, bristol and also try some BMAT universities. Hope this helps but please do not come on here without having done any research yourself as its much harder for us to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    What kind of patterns were there in AR? Were there multiple relationships or were they mainly simple patterns(e.g one contains right angles other set doesnt).
    well I can't really answer as you don't get to see the answers, but as I was going through i saw mainly simple and a few multiple ( in my own opinon)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    I got 747 in Kaplan mock 6, so yh unusually high compared to the 700 score I got in mocks 1-5. I'm still doing better on medify mocks though, with an average of 740 (probably because keyboard shortcuts actually work )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoshBosh)
    I got 747 in Kaplan mock 6, so yh unusually high compared to the 700 score I got in mocks 1-5. I'm still doing better on medify mocks though, with an average of 750 (probably because keyboard shortcuts actually work )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What score did you get in Medify 3 though, because I only got 673 on that whereas i got 723 and 743 on 1 and 2.

ReputationRep:
    What are some tips to speed up in QR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    What score did you get in Medify 3 though, because I only got 673 on that whereas i got 723 and 743 on 1 and 2.
    Medify 1 - 723 (VR:800 QR:670 AR:700)
    Medify 2 - 753 (VR:800 QR:730 AR:730)
    Medify 3 - 750 (VR:650 QR:750 AR:850)

ReputationRep:
    What did people get on UKCAT C? I seem to have gotten 703.7 which I'm elated and surprised about! But It may just be that it was an easy exam?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice for the abstract reasoning ? I keep missing the patterns and end up guessing for a lot of them, especially because of the time constraint...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    What did people get on UKCAT C? I seem to have gotten 703.7 which I'm elated and surprised about! But It may just be that it was an easy exam?
    have you done kaplan 6

ReputationRep:
    Guys what tips would you have for quantitative reasoning as I can barely finish half of the questions in the time allocated on the mocks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I took my UKCAT in June, and to put you all at ease, I probably won't be high enough to be a competitor!

I scored:
    Verbal reasoning: 580
    Quantitative reasoning: 720
    Abstract reasoning: 620
    Situational Judgement: Band 1

How does that compare with you guys?

Thanks!
    Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MansB)
    Guys I did my UKCAT today. I did worse and I panicked during my exam. Please help me with some advise on where I can apply.
    I got 5A* 3As and 1B in GCSEs.

My UKCAT score: 590 VR, 720 QR, 580 AR.

SJT: Band 2

I am predicted 40 points in IB. PLEASE HELP. I AM SO SAD
    630 is average, so its not that bad. What scores were you getting in your mocks?

ReputationRep:
    Should I buy 2016 edition of the UKCAT book when I already have the 2015 edition?
    Also I'm thinking of getting a medify course, I did last year and found it useful but I wanted to know if there's any other good course out there

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.