The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam276)
    City deserved it on the balance of play. It's a pisstake that we don't have any actual wingers though, playing 9's and 10's doesn't work too well. Need one of Rooney or Ibra to go off when we're chasing a goal tbh (and today, Rooney was better than Zlatan).
    Suddenly a wild FK appears

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho spent 200m to park his brand new Boeing Airbus

ReputationRep:
    You can hear the hysterical laughter in Turin from here.

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini-Pogba in a midfield vs the likes of KDB and Silva was destined to fail.

Need someone who can actually defend. 4-3-3 needed to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Nah, CB are on occasion going to get beaten in the air. Blind cannot just assume Bailly is going to win everything, he has to be ready to act if there is a flick on, he got caught in no mans land.
    Exactly.

As a defender you should always assume your teammate is going to lose the header.

As an attacker you should always assume your teammate is going to win the header.

ReputationRep:
    Stat of the day

Claudio Bravo had 56 touches today, only 4 less than Wayne Rooney

LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    Rooney was poor for me today and slows everything down, would be great to have him as a squad player but he's not a Starting XI player for big games anymore.

They defended well and a 2-1 defeat against a top side is hardly embarrassing and in the second half we showed we could play as well. Zlatan on another day could have had a hat trick so its not all doom and gloom. For me Herrera was good today and I hope he can find a spot in the XI preferably for Rooney whose in decline. Their second goal was very avoidable as well.

With Bravo in goal they are bound to drop points so its not like their going to run away with the league.....I hope

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely fuming at how inept we were in that first half.

Blind isn't a CB and I think we all know that Rooney needs to go.

City will win the league at a canter. They're too good.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised Mourinho lost another home league game ffs

Souness is great btw

Also agree that Rooney was better than Zlatan today

ReputationRep:
    Rooney being better isn't exactly a good thing.

Difference is when one's not on it he still bags.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney wasn't that bad.

Is it just me that thinks that Man Utd should have signed Kante instead of Pogba?

ReputationRep:
    I think we did decently in the second half, but the first half was terrible.

Rooney was pretty awful again, but that's nothing new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Rooney wasn't that bad.

Is it just me that thinks that Man Utd should have signed Kante instead of Pogba?
    Kante didn't want to come to Utd anyway.

Pogba has been good so far....could be better but it's still early to say with certainty. Not gonna lie I was mirin KDB he's too good.

ReputationRep:
    Kante can defend, run for years, play box-to-box, start attacks, sustain attacks with his passing and movement and has excellent football intelligence, only thing lacking is goals / shooting ability.

Pogba can't really defend, bit like Toure off the ball, runs box-to-box whenever he feels like it and his best assets are shooting / creating chances.

Mourinho basically ruining Pogba's strongest aspects by dropping him deep just to shoehorn Rooney in.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like with Rooney out the team we can have so much more quality as a unit. He's only good as a substitute now tbh.

But unfortunately he won't get benched....he's pretty much the John Terry for Mourinho lol

ReputationRep:
    A shame we didn't get to see Mata...I think he would have been key in breaking down City today along with the likes of Rashford and Martial!

ReputationRep:
    Wonder what Schneiderlin's doing in training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Wonder what Schneiderlin's doing in training.
    memphis may as well go on holiday lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Kante didn't want to come to Utd anyway.

Pogba has been good so far....could be better but it's still early to say with certainty. Not gonna lie I was mirin KDB he's too good.
    Kante may have wanted to come to United; they're a bigger club who finished much higher than Chelsea last season. Even if he didn't initially, Man Utd parting with a big transfer fee and wages could sway him.

He could have been very good today, with him stationed high up the pitch he could have really dictated the tempo of Man Utd's press. With Kante in the squad, Fellaini wouldn't have been continually left isolated with De Bruyne left continually in acres of space between the midfield two and centre halves.

If Jose goes back to a 4-3-3 (which he hasn't done since like his second season at Chelsea). Pogba will have been better, otherwise I'm sceptical.

(Original post by Windies)
    Kante can defend, run for years, play box-to-box, start attacks, sustain attacks with his passing and movement and has excellent football intelligence, only thing lacking is goals / shooting ability.

Pogba can't really defend, bit like Toure off the ball, runs box-to-box whenever he feels like it and his best assets are shooting / creating chances.

Mourinho basically ruining Pogba's strongest aspects by dropping him deep just to shoehorn Rooney in.
    Yeah I agree with everything you said. As one of the above poster's said Pogba can only play in a midfield three and is too undisciplined for anything else. I'll let him off for lack of goals, as he usually distributes the ball before he reaches zone 14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    memphis may as well go on holiday lol
    They may as well have loaned him out

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Football articles
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.