(Original post by fairy spangles)
ive realised what a complete prat ive been :cry:
What's wrong? :console:
fairy spangles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just saw a programme and a bloke with the same illness as me refused to take his tablets and he died. That could have so easily have been me :eek: .
Im realising the consequences of my actions now - i really need to go and start talking to someone again before i stop caring again. Before i didnt care now im freaking out cause i do.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:bawling:

only girl in my house at uni. not coping well with it. boys have taken all the kitchen cupboards so nowhere for my stuff. can't apply to move house for 2 weeks and i really like my room so it would be a shame to lose it, but i dont think i'll cope being the only girl.

only just sorted the internet out. met a few nice people but making friends is proving to be quite hard

hope everyone is ok. please text me and fb message me if you want to chat. i need people at the minute so i don't get homesick. sorry :o:
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went to the Warwick open day yesterday. Really enjoyed the English talk, and it really is the perfect course for me. The campus was great, it's only an hour and a half from home, so not too far but not right on my doorstep either... in short, it's perfect. But STILL I ended up having a little panic attack which left me feeling sick all day, STILL I spent the whole day wanting to go home, STILL I couldn't actually enjoy any of it or get excited at all because I was too upset at the thought that if I can't even cope with the open day, what the hell am I going to do next year when I actually have to move there?! Not that I probably will be going there, because there are only 25 places on the English and Creative Writing course for around 1200 applicants. That's 48 applicants per place. And if I miss much more school, there's no way they will predict me AAA. They said that even if you don't get the grades, if your PS and portfolio are good then they may still give you an interview. But I just don't have the motivation to do anything. I've gone over a few old stories, and none of them are anywhere near good enough to get me into Warwick. I'm not a good writer. I'm crap. It was so arrogant of me to ever think that I had a chance of getting into ANY creative writing degree, I can't do anything. AAAAAAAARRGGHHHHH!!!!! :banghead:
I feel like clawing out my own eyeballs.

Useless useless useless failure.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What a lovely way to spend my last Sunday at home before uni. You know what, I can't wait.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
What a lovely way to spend my last Sunday at home before uni. You know what, I can't wait.
I know, it's my last week too! I'm getting a wee bit excited, and I've just started to pack and it looks just like there is so much stuff, and I need to get revising meep :|
Rainfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some days, I wish I hadn't been born.

It is possible I should introduce myself.

I'm Mary, am 17, and have been suffering from depression for....hmm. Almost six years now.

Had two good weeks, but now things are going terrible again.

Blah.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rainfaery)

I'm Mary, am 17, and have been suffering from depression for....hmm. Almost six years now.

Blah.
Hi Mary :hugs: im Luke.
sorry to hear you are struggling again. Try to keep hold of that though about the past two weeks being good, thats progress! no matter how small, progress is always worth holding on to
There is usually someone around the dep soc to talk to
I find it really can help sometimes,
so many nice people in here :love:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
I went to the Warwick open day yesterday. Really enjoyed the English talk, and it really is the perfect course for me. The campus was great, it's only an hour and a half from home, so not too far but not right on my doorstep either... in short, it's perfect. But STILL I ended up having a little panic attack which left me feeling sick all day, STILL I spent the whole day wanting to go home, STILL I couldn't actually enjoy any of it or get excited at all because I was too upset at the thought that if I can't even cope with the open day, what the hell am I going to do next year when I actually have to move there?! Not that I probably will be going there, because there are only 25 places on the English and Creative Writing course for around 1200 applicants. That's 48 applicants per place. And if I miss much more school, there's no way they will predict me AAA. They said that even if you don't get the grades, if your PS and portfolio are good then they may still give you an interview. But I just don't have the motivation to do anything. I've gone over a few old stories, and none of them are anywhere near good enough to get me into Warwick. I'm not a good writer. I'm crap. It was so arrogant of me to ever think that I had a chance of getting into ANY creative writing degree, I can't do anything. AAAAAAAARRGGHHHHH!!!!! :banghead:
I feel like clawing out my own eyeballs.

Useless useless useless failure.
You did go to the open day though, and stayed there all day, and that's really good you managed. Don't worry about coping next year, you're not there yet, just take things one thing at a time, concentrate on school and worry about coping at uni once you're facing it. 48 applicants per place is pretty stiff competition but you're writing stories and potentially going to be predicted AAA (higher than I got for warwick) so you're clearly very intelligent and very dedicated to what you're interested in, and its that kind of dedication they look for not just grades. I think I'm rambling now, but don't give up, apply, try your best and give it a go, don't give up before you've started. :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rainfaery)

Blah.
Hi mary, sorry to hear you've been struggling for 6 years, if you feel the need to off load or anything people here are really good at listening. 2 weeks is good :hugs:

Becki, I'm glad to hear you're feeling positive about uni.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How are you sabertooth?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
How are you sabertooth?
Meh not been doing too good this week, every evening it feels like I fall into a huge pit, the daytime is okish but evenings are just getting worse and worse, I think it might just be stress about uni, and hopefully once I get there things will become more manageable.

You alright?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Meh not been doing too good this week, every evening it feels like I fall into a huge pit, the daytime is okish but evenings are just getting worse and worse, I think it might just be stress about uni, and hopefully once I get there things will become more manageable.

You alright?
i know that evening feel
It may be the stress of uni, when are you going? and where? and what course? sorry im nosey.

Yea, im pretty good tonight for once, i made a list of everything i wanted to do and completed it, so its pleased me
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You did go to the open day though, and stayed there all day, and that's really good you managed. Don't worry about coping next year, you're not there yet, just take things one thing at a time, concentrate on school and worry about coping at uni once you're facing it. 48 applicants per place is pretty stiff competition but you're writing stories and potentially going to be predicted AAA (higher than I got for warwick) so you're clearly very intelligent and very dedicated to what you're interested in, and its that kind of dedication they look for not just grades. I think I'm rambling now, but don't give up, apply, try your best and give it a go, don't give up before you've started. :hugs:
Thank you for your support. I'm finding it absolutely impossible to think positively at the moment, but tomorrow when I feel more sane I will probably see the truth in everything you've said.

I'm absolutely exhausted. I got so stressed out earlier this evening that I had a huge panic attack and was hyperventilating for about half an hour... I nearly passed out. Worst thing is that my little sister came in and saw me crying on my mum's bed, and now she's going to be wondering what's wrong because I never normally cry. I'm so tired. I'm going to get into bed now and go to sleep and hope that everything will just go away and I'll wake up and be OK.

Goodnight.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thank you for your support. I'm finding it absolutely impossible to think positively at the moment, but tomorrow when I feel more sane I will probably see the truth in everything you've said.

I'm absolutely exhausted. I got so stressed out earlier this evening that I had a huge panic attack and was hyperventilating for about half an hour... I nearly passed out. Worst thing is that my little sister came in and saw me crying on my mum's bed, and now she's going to be wondering what's wrong because I never normally cry. I'm so tired. I'm going to get into bed now and go to sleep and hope that everything will just go away and I'll wake up and be OK.

Goodnight.
:hugs: hope you feel better in the morning
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
i know that evening feel
It may be the stress of uni, when are you going? and where? and what course? sorry im nosey.

Yea, im pretty good tonight for once, i made a list of everything i wanted to do and completed it, so its pleased me
That's great news, well done

Moving in next week, warwick uni. Absolutely terrified. :o:

Goodnight.
Sleep is generally a good idea. :yep: Hope you're feeling more positive tomorrow.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi mary, sorry to hear you've been struggling for 6 years, if you feel the need to off load or anything people here are really good at listening. 2 weeks is good :hugs:

Becki, I'm glad to hear you're feeling positive about uni.
More like I'm despairing about being at home! But yeah I'm looking forward to it too even if I'm terrified!
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Goodnight.
:hugs: Hope you sleep well xx
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
I just saw a programme and a bloke with the same illness as me refused to take his tablets and he died. That could have so easily have been me :eek: .
Im realising the consequences of my actions now - i really need to go and start talking to someone again before i stop caring again. Before i didnt care now im freaking out cause i do.
Could you write yourself a letter so that when you're feeling bad you can read what you're feeling now and hopefully it'll encourage you to take your medication? :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
:bawling:

only girl in my house at uni. not coping well with it. boys have taken all the kitchen cupboards so nowhere for my stuff. can't apply to move house for 2 weeks and i really like my room so it would be a shame to lose it, but i dont think i'll cope being the only girl.

only just sorted the internet out. met a few nice people but making friends is proving to be quite hard

hope everyone is ok. please text me and fb message me if you want to chat. i need people at the minute so i don't get homesick. sorry :o:
:hugs: I hope it gets easier for you xx
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads