Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Butler will be played by somebody called Jason Statham, according to recent information about the film. No idea about how reliable that is...

And I know what you mean about Holly. I personally think they should use a real actress, and the same sort of special fx they used in LOTR to make the hobbits look little.
    If it is an actress, anybody got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    There's talk that Tom Felton (you know Draco) might play Arty. I say he's way too old now, he's what 17? Then again, don't know how recent that is.
    And I've attached a picture of the Jason guy.:tsr2:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Jason Statham looks like an okay choice - going to star in the Brazilian Job (quite a funny name - lol). Ummm... for Holly maybe Maggie Gyllenhaal (stared in Donnie Darko and Mona Lisa Smile), i think she might be a good choice, click on the link below to see a picture of here

ReputationRep:
    i don't know what i'm more surprised about...the fact that tom felton might play arty, the movie actually getting made...or that we're actually talking 'in topic'

i read about that guy playing butler a few months ago, and that a guy named timothy olyphant is playing foaly, saw it on IMDB before the arty movie was taken off the site.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finally, news about the movie... I just hope people can keep finding things out frequently enougth to prevent this thread from becoming spammy again (although that was fun too!)

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, we're on topic? Well, we can't have THAT! We'll have to find something besides Arty to talk about, or the fabric of the universe will tear!:eek:

(Original post by Psycho Gerbil)
    There's talk that Tom Felton (you know Draco) might play Arty. I say he's way too old now, he's what 17? Then again, don't know how recent that is.
    And I've attached a picture of the Jason guy.:tsr2:
    He looks quite OK, actually. Not bad. Hmm.

(Original post by DeCoursey)
    Jason Statham looks like an okay choice - going to star in the Brazilian Job (quite a funny name - lol). Ummm... for Holly maybe Maggie Gyllenhaal (stared in Donnie Darko and Mona Lisa Smile), i think she might be a good choice, click on the link below to see a picture of here

The Brazilian Job? Is that another version of The Italian Job?:p:

Maggie Gyllenhaal? Is that a relative of Jake Gyllenhaal?
    I'm not too sure I'm ready for the gay LEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    He looks quite OK, actually. Not bad. Hmm.
    He's the guy from the Transporter and the driver in Italian Job right? Handsome rob was it? hehe :p:

Maggie looks alright, they need to give her a tan and a funky haircut though That might make her look like Holly!

(Original post by The Green Manalishi)
    He's the guy from the Transporter and the driver in Italian Job right? Handsome rob was it? hehe :p:

Maggie looks alright, they need to give her a tan and a funky haircut though That might make her look like Holly!
    *falls of chair*

Oh my gosh, you actually posted here:eek: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
    Meet the Hidden Society of Evil Vampires Who Hate Sheep. This discussion was the reason I joined TSR and the previously mentioned secret society was founded within this thread itself in utmost secrecy. No one knows about it except the posters here. So if you tell anyone, I will have to kill you.

Everyone, this is Rashid(who we like to call Radish), the only TSR member I have met:cool:

ReputationRep:
    *falls of chair*

Oh my gosh, you actually posted here:eek: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
    Meet the Hidden Society of Evil Vampires Who Hate Sheep. This discussion was the reason I joined TSR and the previously mentioned secret society was founded within this thread itself in utmost secrecy. No one knows about it except the posters here. So if you tell anyone, I will have to kill you.

Everyone, this is Rashid(who we like to call Radish), the only TSR member I have met:cool:
    Gr-eatings Ladies and Gentlemen!

Good to be here, this secret society sounds enticing! :p: I'm glad to join!

Yes, Keren likes to think of me as a.... strange Root like thing in the ground :s: She's cool though haha! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hi!:hello: I be Psycho, welcome to the Evil Vampire society, please leave all sheep at the door. :sheep:

And on the subject of Holly, rather than taking a white actress and giving her a tan, why isn't Holly played by a black actress?:confused: I may be wrong, but I've always been under the impression that Holly was black.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Yes, Keren likes to think of me as a.... strange Root like thing in the ground :s: She's cool though haha! :cool:
    Hello and welcome . I am the guy who subs people and then goes :flute: I also kill the thread quite often, so there.

And if I remember correctly, Holly is tanned, but not black. I think.

ReputationRep:
    why not let her play someone who's actually tanned then ...

and welcome to the thread Green Manalishi!

I don't think of you as a strange root like thing on the ground.

I think of you as vegetable(not metaphorically, though) who can be red or white, depending on the type or erm, in this case, mood.

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Hello and welcome . I am the guy who subs people and then goes :flute: I also kill the thread quite often, so there.

Yeah, Holly is olive-skinned. Oh man, radishes, olives, what next?

Who remembers the time we casted ourselves into the AF movie?

EDIT: Psycho just got her first shiny gem :flute:

ReputationRep:
    i never got casted though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

Hehe thanks once again for the sub mate! Good to be a part of this li'l clan :p: Thanks for the warm welcome to all!
    Yeah Holly isn't black, but she is supposed to be an auburn tanned brown colour so i think Maggie may need to get bit more of a tan. Also, Holly's supposed to have short funky hair right? Tomboy-ish... Or maybe i'm just rambling lol!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think of you as a strange root like thing on the ground.

I think of you as vegetable(not metaphorically, though)
    I said 'Root' because of the special relevance to the thread (that's why it's with a capital 'R' :p:) You know, err... Julius! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wooo!:party: I have a shiny! Yay. Thanks Yo-yo.:hugs:

Oh, and just to show why I thought Holly was black...
    (Original post by Eoin Colfer)
    Holly Short had nut-brown skin, cropped auburn hair and hazel eyes.
    And can we have a casting sesion again? Please, please,please??:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes please, let's cast ourselves again

*well this is really my FIRST time....*
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm some wierd extra character in the background, like I was last time. Or I could be a major character in the book who gets completley cut out of the movie for some reason.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.