Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    Well, congratulations. What were your AS/Predicted and GCSEs? I'm wondering if they are handing these out to people who they really want to firm with them - eg A*A*A* candidates with 10 GCSE A*s or whatever :3.

Or did you qualify for the lower offer because of extenuating circumstances?
    Thanks my predicted grades were AAA as well, but I dont have GCSEs cos I'm an international applicant, so they probably have a different offer range for internationals which was probably why I got the AAA offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alley23)
    Thanks my predicted grades were AAA as well, but I dont have GCSEs cos I'm an international applicant, so they probably have a different offer range for internationals which was probably why I got the AAA offer.
    Ah, of course. Yeah it's AAA for internationals.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer from Nottingham!

A*AA or A*ABB! Will probably insure it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After telling myself that I'm probably not going to get an offer from Nottingham and I might as well just accept the inevitable rejection, I got an A*AA offer just now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravenclawed)
    After telling myself that I'm probably not going to get an offer from Nottingham and I might as well just accept the inevitable rejection, I got an A*AA offer just now.
    Hahaha congrats, what are your grades like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard17)
    Hahaha congrats, what are your grades like?
    I got AAAB at AS and I'm predicted A*AA So they're good, not amazing though. I was really pessimistic about it because there seemed to be so many people on TSR with amazing grades also applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravenclawed)
    I got AAAB at AS and I'm predicted A*AA So they're good, not amazing though. I was really pessimistic about it because there seemed to be so many people on TSR with amazing grades also applying.
    Congratulations! I'm guessing you will be firming Notts then?

About TSR grades: TSR is full of academically gifted people, and in that environment, people who didn't do as amazingly at GCSE/AS aren't going to bother to post their grades, so it's probably quite an inflated image of who's actually applying where.

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY IT HAS ARRIVED, offer from Nottingham. A*AA however, which is slightly disappointing, but atleast it gives me another option and it's good for the ol' ego to still maintain a 100% offer success rate.... so far.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from Warwick? Im waiting for them to reply so i can choose my firm and insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what is the contact email for nottingham economics admissions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    Anyone got an offer from Warwick? Im waiting for them to reply so i can choose my firm and insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couple of people have got offers recently (last week or two) according to the Warwick applicants page. Which uni are you planning to insure?

ReputationRep:
    Abcd- It's on the page for 'Economics BA/BSc.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    FINALLY IT HAS ARRIVED, offer from Nottingham. A*AA however, which is slightly disappointing, but atleast it gives me another option and it's good for the ol' ego to still maintain a 100% offer success rate.... so far.
    Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    Abcd- It's on the page for 'Economics BA/BSc.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Couple of people have got offers recently (last week or two) according to the Warwick applicants page. Which uni are you planning to insure?
    Ahh okay. Well it depends on what Warwick offers tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard back from warwick yet - offers or rejections? applied like 2 months ago and still heard nothing back from them

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when bristol are giving out more offers as it has been over 3 months and the only thing i have heard from them is the email saying 'we are still considering your application' :| ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maat)
    does anyone know when bristol are giving out more offers as it has been over 3 months and the only thing i have heard from them is the email saying 'we are still considering your application' :| ???
    Mate, last year I had to wait 2 weeks after the deadline to finally get my offer for Bristol econ. Took forever. Don't expect anything soon lol, you either get an offer SUPER early or SUPER late haha.

ReputationRep:
    I must be one of the last to receive a decision from Nottingham! Fully expect it today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ross95)
    I must be one of the last to receive a decision from Nottingham! Fully expect it today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.