Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)

Jovetic is the flavour of the month if anything no one has even really watched the bloke beyond a game here and there even if not everyone will admit that, but as soon as someone said we might get him on twitter hes suddenly the second coming ? I said after benteke smashed Liverpool at anield in december that he would be a good signing so he must have been flavour of the month for 5 months now
    Jovetic is hardly flavour of the month bro. He has been well known for years now, since way back when he ripped Liverpool to shred in the CL when he was like 19.

He is the closest thing to RvP on the market that we can realistically attract/afford. Yeah his stats aren't brilliant but it's not like he is surrounded by great players, his quality is there for everyone to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    Jovetic is hardly flavour of the month bro. He has been well known for years now, since way back when he ripped Liverpool to shred in the CL when he was like 19.

He is the closest thing to RvP on the market that we can realistically attract/afford. Yeah his stats aren't brilliant but it's not like he is surrounded by great players, his quality is there for everyone to see.
    Yeah obviously he has been known as a takent but you never heard a peep from arsenal fans about signing him until the rumours started up and he isn't really a known quantity either amongst arsenal fans by and large because no one watches Fiorentina on a regular basis whereas people have been on about benteke for months now so I don't see how he can be construed as flavour f the month. We can try and find a new RVP or we can just sign the best striker we can

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that given the circumstances we could potentially sign Zlatan from DOG. Despite having a very good season his relationship with people behind the manager is poor and he is reportedly looking for a way out... Why not snap him up?! Also rumour mill suggests that we've agreed terms with Williams... Will anyone be genuinely sad to see vermaelen leave?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely meant psg...

ReputationRep:
    I watch Fiorentina on a regular basis and pretty much everyone who does knows of his quality, it's been known since his Belgrade days but the only reason I've never thought of a move to Arsenal for him until now is because I've always doubted we'd be able to land him. Even now, I'm confident that if Juventus match our offer or offer slightly less but throw in a player or two, he'll be going there instead, and it'd be a massive loss for us.
    Although his injury record and recent loss of form are a problem.

If we land him and he manages to stay fit, I really wanna see a Jovetic - Giroud link up. I think he's the kind of player that would bring out the best in Olivier, if played in tandem up top with Jovetic as a second striker, not that it's likely to happen...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

The Daily Mail and even goal.com reported that Ashley Williams of Swansea has agreed a contract with Arsenal. Might be bad news for Vermarlean then.

Anyway, I guess it is because he was the one who almost ''killed'' Van Persie

ReputationRep:
    Yeah obviously he has been known as a takent but you never heard a peep from arsenal fans about signing him until the rumours started up and he isn't really a known quantity either amongst arsenal fans by and large because no one watches Fiorentina on a regular basis whereas people have been on about benteke for months now so I don't see how he can be construed as flavour f the month. We can try and find a new RVP or we can just sign the best striker we can
    The reason people haven't talked about him is there isn't much point discussing in depth targets that we haven't been linked to/can't afford. It has always been obvious then when he did leave Fiorientina it would be for a big transfer fee and up until this season we haven't been in the position to compete for that calibre of player. I just think that if we are going to sign just one striker this summer it should be someone who offers different qualities to Giroud so that we have the flexibility to match our forwards to the type of opposition we are playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parker_15)
    I personally think that given the circumstances we could potentially sign Zlatan from DOG. Despite having a very good season his relationship with people behind the manager is poor and he is reportedly looking for a way out... Why not snap him up?! Also rumour mill suggests that we've agreed terms with Williams... Will anyone be genuinely sad to see vermaelen leave?
    That would be a massive statement if we could get ibrahimovic
    He'd definitely get 20+ goals, but doubt he'd want to come here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    I watch Fiorentina on a regular basis and pretty much everyone who does knows of his quality, it's been known since his Belgrade days but the only reason I've never thought of a move to Arsenal for him until now is because I've always doubted we'd be able to land him. Even now, I'm confident that if Juventus match our offer or offer slightly less but throw in a player or two, he'll be going there instead, and it'd be a massive loss for us.

If we land him and he manages to stay fit, I really wanna see a Jovetic - Giroud link up. I think he's the kind of player that would bring out the best in Olivier, if played in tandem up top with Jovetic as a second striker, not that it's likely to happen...
    Thank god someone else here watched a good amount of jovetic before looking at his stats and saying he's bad, he's more important than a new goal scorer IMO Giroud and poldoski are great finishers already. We just need to get them in the right positions.
    It's probably too early to say he can be part of a title winning side but the way he regularly bullies premier league defences in his first season at a very young age makes me think he could, and he can drop deep and bring others into play he has serious technical ability

Jovetic is the flavour of the month if anything no one has even really watched the bloke beyond a game here and there even if not everyone will admit that, but as soon as someone said we might get him on twitter hes suddenly the second coming ? I said after benteke smashed Liverpool at anield in december that he would be a good signing so he must have been flavour of the month for 5 months now
    You just called Jovetic flavour of the month yet your praising Benteke after one good season in the PL. Benteke needs to stay at Villa and run down the rest of his contract, it would be best for development

ReputationRep:

This, I still really don't believe that we'll sign him.

Also on the Benteke statement, it's really a continuum on what he's been saying since signing for Villa. Wouldn't maind singing him but he houldn't really be a main target and seems like Villa want big bucks for him when we really shouldn't spend more than 12-15m on him. Would they take it though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Thank god someone else here watched a good amount of jovetic before looking at his stats and saying he's bad, he's more important than a new goal scorer IMO Giroud and poldoski are great finishers already. We just need to get them in the right positions.
    Yeah, a lot of my friends are like that too. It pisses me off because he's an exceptional player on his day and even when it's not his day he can chip in with a valuable contribution or two e.g the last game of the season, the 5-1 away to Pescara, providing a goal and an assist despite not getting out of first gear the entire game, albeit against an already relegated side. Also, Serie A in general, is a league more difficult to score in than the other top leagues in Europe I'd say.
    In any case he'd offer so much more to our teams than just goals and his running and link up play is sure to get the best out of our strikers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a lot of my friends are like that too. It pisses me off because he's an exceptional player on his day and even when it's not his day he can chip in with a valuable contribution or two e.g the last game of the season, the 5-1 away to Pescara, providing a goal and an assist despite not getting out of first gear the entire game, albeit against an already relegated side. Also, Serie A in general, is a league more difficult to score in than the other top leagues in Europe I'd say.
    In any case he'd offer so much more to our teams than just goals and his running and link up play is sure to get the best out of our strikers.
    People only care about goals and assist, what about the pass that leads to the assist. Fiorentina have an excellent attacking line, Jovetic is surrounded by quality players there he can only do better at arsenal. His progression will much like Santi. IMO Serie A is only behind the PL in terms of quality of football played.

(Original post by J.Star)

he pretty much is as close to rvp (in terms of style) as we can get tbh. More a 9 and a half than out n out striker ( a term coined by rvp himself to describe how him and rooney are in tems of style), if we did get him i think wenger could take him to the next level. I remember when people used to say RVP couldn't be a main source of goals as he was too akin bergkamp and not an out n out striker. We all know what happened next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You just called Jovetic flavour of the month yet your praising Benteke after one good season in the PL. Benteke needs to stay at Villa and run down the rest of his contract, it would be best for development
    I don't think either are flavour of the month but jovetic is 90% hype at this stage off the back of a few twitter rumours. I love how when Giroud underwhelms in his first season everyone's queueing up to make excuses for him and benteke excels and its used as against him it really is priceless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parker_15)
    (Original post by printergirl)
    That would be a massive statement if we could get ibrahimovic
    He'd definitely get 20+ goals, but doubt he'd want to come here
    He wanted to come to Arsenal when he was a promising youngster but Wenger refused to sign him because he was a massive **** with a big ego and a bad attitude. Not much has changed since then and Wenger has zero interest in players like that.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he should be looking at the Vietnamese U21 market tbh

ReputationRep:
    I don't think either are flavour of the month but jovetic is 90% hype at this stage off the back of a few twitter rumours. I love how when Giroud underwhelms in his first season everyone's queueing up to make excuses for him and benteke excels and its used as against him it really is priceless
    Giroud hasn't underwhelmed he's had a satisfactory season and I can see progress next season. Benteke has had good season but even manager saying he should clam down, jump off his own hype and crack on at Villa. He should stay there for the remainder of his the contract its best for his devlopment

ReputationRep:
    Well, this season was a very dramatic season that could of been avoidable, however it is important that we build upon it next season and start looking up rather then behind our backs. While Podolski and Giroud didn't have a 25 GL/ 15 Assists + season, I think it is important to note that they still made a major impact to the balance of our season. they may not have lived up to expectation, but I liked what I witnessed from both players as a whole. The technique is definitely there, and while they were overshadowed by debutants from other teams, it's important to note that very few of their league positions match ours.

In terms of transfers, im not really sure why the rumours of Verm leaving have arrived, and there is a longstanding back log of players in his position that need and probably will be sold, while a player of his calibre will and should step in when the "new main partnership" are rested/ injured. he didn't have the best of seasons but his worse was still better then some of our other players best, and I am confident he will get back to his best next season. If I had a choice between Jovetic and Higuain, I'd go for the latter. He just seems like more of a goal poacher type player, which we haven't had in a while, and I would love to see someone with the quality of finishing he has be added to our squad. I think an additional Centerback would also be gladly accepted, in order to keep a high standard of defensive quality in cup games. ( four good CB's are badly needed in our sqaud!) I would also like to see a Defensive midfielder brought into the club. Arteta did a good cover role this season, but it's not his natural game, and I think he is a much better central/ attacking midfielder then he is a defensive one. I think it was a shame that we sold Song to Barcelona, as we really didn't need to sell him at all. I know Song started going forward more in his last season, but he was a lot more defensive minded and knew when to attack and when to defend. If we buy a new GK, I want Fab and Mannone gone first. I trust Szc a lot more then I trust the other two GK's, and I think this would raise our standard of goalkeeping up to a much needed higher level that each competitions require.

I was over the moon when Jack returned, his energy and desire has been greatly missed. Santi's performances was a welcome surprise as he had an amazing first season!. and a special note for Theo Walcott, who stepped up this season when he was needed the most. His goals and assists this season, as part of the front three was exactly what was needed, finding a good understanding with the new signing's, and I look forward to our team's performance next season!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/11074060/#

Imagine this team next season on Ultimate Team ( lol), :sogood::sogood:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.