Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Would joining the EU make us more free?
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Yup.
    In what way? Which freedoms would I gain should the UK fully integrate into the EU?

ReputationRep:
    In what way? Which freedoms would I gain should the UK fully integrate into the EU?
    Freedom to live anywhere within the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Straight cucumbers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    Straight cucumbers!
    Homophobe!

ReputationRep:
    Homophobe!
    I'm not a cucumber though Were it up to me we'd have all sorts. Multi-cucumberism.

ReputationRep:
    Political influence Darlings

ReputationRep:
    Freedom to live anywhere within the EU.
    Opinion of the TSR Prime Minister? I hope for more than an adequate answer!

ReputationRep:
    Opinion of the TSR Prime Minister? I hope for more than an adequate answer!
    :lol: I think he's way over-competitive, and feels he has to beat everyone at everything, which is a bit sad within the house (maybe he's got something to make up for?). He's got a massively over-inflated ego about himself, and thinks he's the bees knees because apparently he's from a poor background and is (apparently) doing so well now, despite his distinct averageness. This ego shows itself on other ways, as I remember him saying that people say he's really, really logical, and he sees himself as some sort of Spock figure due to his logic, which is frankly absurd, but it would explain why he's a heartless Tory. He's made other such comparisons about himself, all of them to make him seem absolutely marvellous (such as powerful and intelligent animals) and all of them are as absurd as each other. I think he needs to calm down and realise he's nothing special, he's just like the rest of us.

Is that adequate enough for you?

ReputationRep:
    :lol: I think he's way over-competitive, and feels he has to beat everyone at everything, which is a bit sad within the house (maybe he's got something to make up for?). He's got a massively over-inflated ego about himself, and thinks he's the bees knees because apparently he's from a poor background and is (apparently) doing so well now, despite his distinct averageness. This ego shows itself on other ways, as I remember him saying that people say he's really, really logical, and he sees himself as some sort of Spock figure due to his logic, which is frankly absurd, but it would explain why he's a heartless Tory. He's made other such comparisons about himself, all of them to make him seem absolutely marvellous (such as powerful and intelligent animals) and all of them are as absurd as each other. I think he needs to calm down and realise he's nothing special, he's just like the rest of us.

You got my vote

ReputationRep:
    You got my vote
    A fairly accurate assessment, I think.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

An interesting assessment, you got the competitiveness and ego right though i disagree with many of your other assertions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    An interesting assessment, you got the competitiveness and ego right though i disagree with many of your other assertions.
    That whole post was almost only about your ego and competitiveness, it's all that seems to come out here sometimes. I have seen you compare yourself to Spock and some kind of animal (a good one, mind) which is just a manifestation of your ego I suppose. The heartless Tory comment was just really a meaningless jibe towards the Tories, don't take it personally. I stand by everything else I said though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Maybe he's got something to make up for - Possible as i may have many psychological niggles but certainly not consciously.

Because apparently he's from a poor background and is (apparently) doing so well now - Whilst i do take pride in the fact that i will likely escape the poverty trap whilst many settle for a lowly future, i am currently still struggling financially and there is nothing to say that i may have to accept a menial job so no, that is not the reason

Despite his distinct averageness - Whilst i accept that i do not have the academic resume of some of the TSR elite i do believe that i am more intelligent than the average person, much brighter and will be significantly wealthier and frankly i would never want to be mediocre/average. That is not to infer arrogance as i see the majority as equals due to other qualities (except rapists and murderers from this as they are inferior/sub-human) and there are people more intelligent than me (Adorno sounds like one of most intelligent people even on TSR).

I think he needs to calm down and realise he's nothing special, he's just like the rest of us. - I completely disagree, i consider myself to be brilliant and have extreme confidence in myself as a person. To quote the great Captain Kirk "I don't believe in a no win scenario").

Excepting the Tory point these are the four things i disagree with.

Thinks he's the bees knees because apparently he's from a poor background and is (apparently) doing so well now, despite his distinct averageness.
    I do agree with you there however when did he ever claim to do better than average*? he is just doing better than others in his family.

*Average being most people go to university these days. Not exactly a hard feat with useless easy degrees to take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I do agree with you there however when did he ever claim to do better than average*? he is just doing better than others in his family.

*Average being most people go to university these days. Not exactly a hard feat with useless easy degrees to take.
    In the post above yours he considers himself to be brilliant?

In the post above yours he considers himself to be brilliant?
    Who am I to deny the man grandiosity? everyone needs to big themselves up every now and again even if he is not actually brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Who am I to deny the man grandiosity? everyone needs to big themselves up every now and again even if he is not actually brilliant.
    Theyve been doing it with Neymar for a year or so now, and its worked for him!

ReputationRep:
    Well...

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Maybe he's got something to make up for - Possible as i may have many psychological niggles but certainly not consciously.
    That was because you need a large ego to make up for your minuscule penile organ, obviously.

Because apparently he's from a poor background and is (apparently) doing so well now - Whilst i do take pride in the fact that i will likely escape the poverty trap whilst many settle for a lowly future, i am currently still struggling financially and there is nothing to say that i may have to accept a menial job so no, that is not the reason
    You do see yourself as doing well though, don't you? So I'm not totally off with that point. Well done for going to university, but it's not a totally remarkable achievement, and I've seen you bum about it before, especially on a student website, where loads of people will be at, or have gone to or are going, to university. It's a good achievement, don't get me wrong, but it's not really something to brag about (something you seem particularly good at), especially on a website full of students.

Despite his distinct averageness - Whilst i accept that i do not have the academic resume of some of the TSR elite i do believe that i am more intelligent than the average person, much brighter and will be significantly wealthier and frankly i would never want to be mediocre/average. That is not to infer arrogance as i see the majority as equals due to other qualities (except rapists and murderers from this as they are inferior/sub-human) and there are people more intelligent than me (Adorno sounds like one of most intelligent people even on TSR).
    I'm not going to lie - you're probably more intelligent than the average person, but then most people on this site probably will be, especially the ones taking a positive interest in the MHoC, because they actually take an interest in things, not just what's happening on the X Factor or whatever menial crap that a significant number of people concern themselves with. You're probably slightly above average in terms of the general population, but in terms of this site, or people at university? I'd say you were extremely average academically in that sense, but I always seem to sense that you think you're totally marvellous, which is indicative of your massive ego. You can think that all you want, but you have to be prepared for people thinking you're a massively arrogant person with a massive ego, and people will likely think you're a massive tosser.

Interesting point about wealth, what makes you think that you'll be "significantly wealthier" than average? Not just slightly, but significantly? I see absolutely no basis for this, as you said above you feel your struggling at the moment, so what makes you think that you'll somehow become massively wealthy? This is just another example of your arrogance and ego, and neither of them are particularly desirable traits to have. You think you're the best, and you're not afraid to let people know this, and, to be frank, people will not like you for it. I don't know if you're like this in real life, but I wouldn't want to know you in person from your posts on here. You also seem to base success on material wealth, which is a rather fallistic thing to do. I'd much rather be a nice, kind, non-arrogant person on very average means than a rich, arrogant ****er. Of course they're not mutually exclusive, but you seem to be aiming for the latter.

I think he needs to calm down and realise he's nothing special, he's just like the rest of us. - I completely disagree, i consider myself to be brilliant and have extreme confidence in myself as a person. To quote the great Captain Kirk "I don't believe in a no win scenario").
    I know you consider yourself to be brilliant, and that's self evident from all your posts I've seen. That was exactly my point - you're not actually brilliant. Sorry to break it to you, but there's loads of people exactly like you, and you're not really special amongst everyone. Of course it's good to have some self-confidence, but you seem to bring it to the next level with all your over-competitive, arrogant crap.

Sorry if I'm letting down your analysis of "fairly friendly"!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I suggest that psychology probably is not your calling.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.