Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zogs;454I9288)
    The first time I did the practise one I failed miserably, because I wasn't used to it at all. However with some revision and looking on youtube advice on short cut ways to answer questions quickly I found I improved loads until at one point I got 100% on the mental maths. The actual test I didn't get 100% (i'm sure) but did pass.
    Have a look on youtube, there are loads of tips. Oh and I also found calming down and doing some calm breathing, actually sped me up!
    Thanks could I ask how long you practiced before you took the actual test. Thing is I've got an interview with St Marys on Wednesday who give you a maths test, and I thought to practice I would use the skills test ones on the website. At this rate between now and then, I won't be able to pass my maths and therefore my interview :-(

ReputationRep:
    Had my Kings interview today - I'm not sure how it went!
    I think I came across as confident but one question completely threw me and I think I was too general in some of my answers.

Just to wait and see now though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pebbles19)
    Primary what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Secondary History Only submitted it this week though. When did you submit yours? And how long did Reading take to reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballroombabe)
    Secondary History Only submitted it this week though. When did you submit yours? And how long did Reading take to reply?
    I submitted on 26th and I had my interview invite on Wednesday so just over a week although it felt like forever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done to all with interviews/offers!
    Has anyone heard anything from Roehampton, Kings or Goldsmiths for Secondary English?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for Southampton! Eeekk! Anyone else applying there? x

ReputationRep:
    On track it says I have an interview for one of my choices, but I haven't received any email from the University. All I know is the date of the interview, nothing else.

Should I call them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I've got an interview at Derby! I'm so nervous, the group interview part terrifies me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    Is anyone else struggling to access practise skills tests on DfE? I managed to do so earlier this afternoon and just tried to do another practise test but the page says no result found... how odd!

I probably would have complained about the glitch in the test anyway, it seems a bit bizarre as I'm pretty sure #progrestively' is not a word either!!

Glad you passed though! Got both num and lit on monday!
    I cannot access them either, it appears they've moved where they are on the website and this is causing the problem.

There are quiet a few errors on the practice tests also which gives me no hope for the real tests!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Got an interview offer from Kings, and another for the IoP scholarship, one day after another. Kings were originally my first choice, but at IoE earlier in the week I was really impressed and got the impression that I would like to study there, so who knows. There's an individual interview, a presentation (which I can reuse my IoE one for), a written task and a test of scientific knowledge. If I could get an offer from IoE beforehand that would certainly take a lot of pressure off, so fingers crossed.
    Congrats on the interviews! Could you give me a rough idea of the scope of the scientific tests? Nothing specific, but I have an interview at Greenwich on Wednesday (Yay!) for Secondary Biology and want to know how much an what I need to swot up on.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ilovescience01)
    Congrats on the interviews! Could you give me a rough idea of the scope of the scientific tests? Nothing specific, but I have an interview at Greenwich on Wednesday (Yay!) for Secondary Biology and want to know how much an what I need to swot up on.
    Unfortunately, the only interview I've had so far didn't have any scientific testing, and the interview with it isn't until wednesday. What I can say, though, is that it will be testing both GCSE level knowledge, and ideas of somewhat lateral thinking (I'm physics, and an example I've seen was "if the Earth's axis was tilted clockwise by 15 degrees, what would be the effect on the length of daylight in the UK?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Unfortunately, the only interview I've had so far didn't have any scientific testing, and the interview with it isn't until wednesday. What I can say, though, is that it will be testing both GCSE level knowledge, and ideas of somewhat lateral thinking (I'm physics, and an example I've seen was "if the Earth's axis was tilted clockwise by 15 degrees, what would be the effect on the length of daylight in the UK?)

Actually that is really helpful - I was (probably stupidly) worrying about revising A-level and degree stuff! Good luck on your interview on Wednesday - we are interview buddies!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from IOE soo happy!! Such a quick response too as interview was yesterday!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadey-xo)
    I cannot access them either, it appears they've moved where they are on the website and this is causing the problem.

There are quiet a few errors on the practice tests also which gives me no hope for the real tests!
    (Original post by 4ndy888)
    i cant get on the skills test online either!
    After a bit of searching around and googling, I have found two short cuts to the online practice tests, which I thought I'd share

Numeracy: http://www.education.gov.uk/QTS/Nume...nt_engine.html

Literacy: http://www.education.gov.uk/QTS/Lite...nt_engine.html

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have an interview that day too! Feeling very nervous about it!!

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Chichester for Secondary English! Have to book it online, and it hasn't refreshed to allow me to choose from dates yet though, so I don't know when it is! Getting nervous about my interview for the SCITT though, so many different aspects! Educational themes...I'm assuming this is just a talk on issues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    Hey, I have an interview that day too! Feeling very nervous about it!!

Hi Sara - were you replying to me? Wednesday feels very close - especially as I got the email inviting me for interview two hours ago! Where is your interview and in what? I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    This might sound a silly question but for my interview it says to bring original/copies of English maths and science qualifications and then 'any other relevant qualifications'.

As i'm applying for primary, should I take all my qualification certificates or is maths english and science all I need?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadey-xo)

Numeracy First! £20, but definitely very good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango93)
    Well done to all with interviews/offers!
    Has anyone heard anything from Roehampton, Kings or Goldsmiths for Secondary English?
    Yes had my kings interview today for secondary english

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.