Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    On paper, Derby and Boro have the hardest run-ins from the top seven. The former have to play four of the top eight in the next three weeks, while Boro will face six between now and their final game. I reckon they'll both go up automatically, and if they do, then they deserve it!

Easily the most intriguing league in Europe right now.
    I like your confidence!

ReputationRep:
    Boro have been shocking so far surprisingly, yet are winning. Mike Jones has been absolute dog **** so far, unsurprisingly.

ReputationRep:
    It's almost like Ipswich don't want to be promoted.

ReputationRep:
    Got a debut at DM for 19-year old Jamie Hanson today. He's got a tough match-up with arguably the best no.10 in the league, Wes Hoolahan.

Injury list is looking very worrying with only 10 games to go as well: Buxton, Martin, Bent and 3 DMs in Thorne, Eustace and now Mascarell.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So much for Boro having a tough run in. Unreal result for them today. Bamford is easily one of the best players in the lower leagues, too. I expect he'll feature very highly when FourFourTwo do their annual '50 best players in the FL' issue.

ReputationRep:
    We are threatening to blow a lead for the 3rd time in a week. Old habits die hard...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good home win.We play so much better when Eidur starts. Good to see Millwall going down.

ReputationRep:
    Decent point against one of our bogey sides and a surprising point gained on Brentford means it'll become a good day with a win vs Wednesday on Tuesday. Bournemouth and Watford keep scoring, 2 big games to come in the next 6 days for everyone.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bournemouth keep on surprising me. They've probably got the easiest run in, too. I hope they go up so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    We are threatening to blow a lead for the 3rd time in a week. Old habits die hard...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You simply wanted it more than us 3 defensive mistakes cost us 3 goals, but I was impressed by a few Cov players - Fleck I think one of them was? Good noise from the away end too

ReputationRep:
    Apparently young lad walker who started for us after Janko got injured in warm up had a cracking game yesterday. Another talent through the academy, i'm really looking forward to next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    You simply wanted it more than us 3 defensive mistakes cost us 3 goals, but I was impressed by a few Cov players - Fleck I think one of them was? Good noise from the away end too
    We do usually get a good away backing. A lot of those who went were impressed with the performance and said that everyone looked up for the game. This season motivation has been a big problem and Mowbray seems to be sorting it out. Still very much squeaky bum time though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bournemouth keep on surprising me. They've probably got the easiest run in, too. I hope they go up so much.
    I keep wishing we had charged twice as much for Wilson. Best signing in the Championship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I keep wishing we had charged twice as much for Wilson. Best signing in the Championship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you get for him?

Good three points away from home to kick-start Mowbray's reign. Odelusi seems a decent player at that level! Reading should take back Samuel, though. They can't buy a goal atm.

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for him?

Good three points away from home to kick-start Mowbray's reign. Odelusi seems a decent player at that level! Reading should take back Samuel, though. They can't buy a goal atm.
    I believe it was about £2m rising to 3 with things like promotion though a Bournemouth fan might know otherwise. Samuel was taken off yesterday because, in Mowbray's words, he couldn't deal with an experienced defence. Considering how appalling League 1 is I don't see Reading getting much joy from him in the league above. What is of more concern to me is that we get a squad of permanent players rather than patching up with loanees.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I believe it was about £2m rising to 3 with things like promotion though a Bournemouth fan might know otherwise. Samuel was taken off yesterday because, in Mowbray's words, he couldn't deal with an experienced defence. Considering how appalling League 1 is I don't see Reading getting much joy from him in the league above. What is of more concern to me is that we get a squad of permanent players rather than patching up with loanees.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Funniest thing I've heard all day
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What is of more concern to me is that we get a squad of permanent players rather than patching up with loanees.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Short term benefit for long term gains at this stage.

Mowbray just needs to keep you up by all means necessary. He can start implementing his regime properly in the summer, by recruiting his own personnel. That's even if he stays, of course. He didn't seem too keen last week on the Football League Show!

Hope you stay up though, mate. Coventry City don't belong in League Two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Funniest thing I've heard all day
    Haha, don't shoot the messenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Short term benefit for long term gains at this stage.

Mowbray just needs to keep you up by all means necessary. He can start implementing his regime properly in the summer, by recruiting his own personnel. That's even if he stays, of course. He didn't seem too keen last week on the Football League Show!

Hope you stay up though, mate. Coventry City don't belong in League Two.
    I agree. We don't belong in League One either, with all due respect to the clubs in it, but our off field problems are crippling and will be until SISU go. I hope Mowbray finds a way around them as he seems to know what he's doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I agree. We don't belong in League One either, with all due respect to the clubs in it, but our off field problems are crippling and will be until SISU go. I hope Mowbray finds a way around them as he seems to know what he's doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not in terms of the infrastructure and history, perhaps, but your league gates needs to show your potential. It's time your fans stepped up - you're in a relegation battle.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.