Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    You must be so pissed right now.

:hug:
    aren't you? or are you happy to accept mediocrity every season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    7 points (8 if you assume GD) between us and the title. Absolutely miles better than last season, definitely on the up.

That being said:

Everton (H)
    Southampton (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Stoke (A)

Could have won us the title even with the away game massacres.
    Nah not Stoke away, we always **** up there. The other 3 defenately though, especially considering we were in a winning position in those games.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    7 points (8 if you assume GD) between us and the title. Absolutely miles better than last season, definitely on the up.

That being said:

Everton (H)
    Southampton (A)
    Swansea (H)
    Stoke (A)

Could have won us the title even with the away game massacres.
    Each one of those fixtures are tricky and the probability of us winning each is not higher than 0.8 (realistically 0.65), so the real chance of us winning all of those fixtures is only between 0.18 and 0.4(very optimistic)! Not very likely.

In all honesty we are deserved 4th place finishers. We went through a period of shocking injuries that left our midfield shattered and it hurt us big time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    I'm joyful. What's the difference between 2nd-4th?

But seriously though, how you feeling given that Arsenal didn't fail as gloriously as you hoped?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    heh, who said mediocrity?

I believe the word you are looking for is consistency.

ReputationRep:

could watch this aaaaalllllll dayyyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    So it's okay for the entire Arsenal society to wum the Liverpool thread but when someone comes into the Arsenal thread and wums, that's apparently not okay?

If you can't take ****, dont give it out.
    You are massively missing something here, Arsenal fans have been wummed for the last 9 years.

And it's not the entire Arsenal society, probably 7 posters at the most, so don't label all of us gooners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    who finna hit da fa parade if we win the ting next week.

9 years is a long wait.

catch me there braaaaaaahssss
    Yeah I'm on that alright

Where's everyone watching the final anyway? I'm heading down to Wembley for the game, going to watch it in the pub down there and then head back into Holloway after to celebrate (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mediocre_One)
    Each one of those fixtures are tricky and the probability of us winning each is not higher than 0.8 (realistically 0.65), so the real chance of us winning all of those fixtures is only between 0.18 and 0.4(very optimistic)! Not very likely.

In all honesty we are deserved 4th place finishers. We went through a period of shocking injuries that left our midfield shattered and it hurt us big time.
    As peggles pointed out in 3/4 of those games we were in a winning position. Had we held on in those and managed a point from Stoke we'd be on 86 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I'm joyful. What's the difference between 2nd-4th?

But seriously though, how you feeling given that Arsenal didn't fail as gloriously as you hoped?
    They did fail to be top for the vast majority of the season and by the end to be battling for 4th place is a glorious failure if i've ever seen one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Yeah I'm on that alright

Where's everyone watching the final anyway? I'm heading down to Wembley for the game, going to watch it in the pub down there and then head back into Holloway after to celebrate (hopefully)
    Where abouts?

I'm going to head down.

ReputationRep:
    So it's okay for the entire Arsenal society to wum the Liverpool thread but when someone comes into the Arsenal thread and wums, that's apparently not okay?

You're oblivious to the fact that Arsenal got it the worst this season and Liverpool fans were all over our thread for the majority of it so don't chat ****.

Arsenal had nothing to be WUMd for today. Liverpools own goal did. Don't use the "if you can't take **** don't give it out" cause if anything it applies to you here.

Would be understandable if it was a Liverpool fan, but he's not .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4th place again wenger has to go
    He won't expect a new deal to be released within the coming days.

:sad:

The only way I can see him going is if we **** up the Final which we are entirely capable of doing.

ReputationRep:
    Where abouts?

I'm going to head down.
    Dont know Wembley very well but there are 5 or 6 pubs on the High Street that'll do the job! Should be a good atmosphere!

ReputationRep:

Did you not tell Arsenal fans to **** off in that thread? So you already think it's not okay and can't take it either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Did you not tell Arsenal fans to **** off in that thread? So you already think it's not okay and can't take it either.
    Same person who was oblivious to the fact that the person who WUMd the most was a UTD fan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    **** it. I expect a genuine title challenge next season, changing it from 3rd. We actually finished within 3 games of the title. Wow. The PL is full of average teams. Sign a semi decent striker, a winger, replace Sagna and Arteta. Sorted.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Looool Nasri taking the mick. Leave it out babes we get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Looool Nasri taking the mick. Leave it out babes we get it.
    Lol what did he do?!

He looks like a lesbian.

ReputationRep:
    What you only need 5 appearances for a medal now?!

I remember Keown warming up in front of Arsene so he could get on to get his 10th!!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.