Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    ^ Would have provided some vital experience, considering Per is ******* up big time and you have a new young right back,
    That's not how it works, we replaced him with Debuchy, the latter got 2 3 month injury lay offs. Hardyl anything the club can do (besides sort out the obvious injury issue). We weren't going to keep 5 RBs on the books were we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    That's not how it works, we replaced him with Debuchy, the latter got 2 3 month injury lay offs. Hardyl anything the club can do (besides sort out the obvious injury issue). We weren't going to keep 5 RBs on the books were we?
    Did he want to leave? If he did then I understand what you're saying but if you had the chance to keep an experienced player and ******* up then...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Only because the replacement got 2 3 month injuries, there's no guaranteeing the same wouldn't have happened to him had he stayed.

That's really not the same thing as you were arguing and you know it. If Sanchez got injured and wasn't playing much you could say "well you never got the LW you needed". Fact is we did replace Sagna, it was Vermaelen we didn't replace.
    Well it doesn't say much for the club when a stalwart of the side for the past 7 years decides to leave and sit on the bench somewhere else does it?

ReputationRep:
    Wish we signed Suarez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Lmao Tottenham are suddenly irrelevant again now people realize the extent of their reliance on Kane scoring tap-ins
    Spurs were always irrelevant and only an idiot would've said otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Well it doesn't say much for the club when a stalwart of the side for the past 7 years decides to leave and sit on the bench somewhere else does it?
    I agree but that's not the same argument you were making...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    $$$
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Quite interesting this, although it will change tomorrow : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...or-honour.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Quite interesting this, although it will change tomorrow : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...or-honour.html
    Unfortunately that doesn't make me feel better about that devastating loss to Monaco or the fact the chavs or the spuds will win a trophy tomorrow:cry:

ReputationRep:
    is quite interesting..

But I wish it had options.. that let you pick what trophies were included..

So you could take out the community shield, or take out the lower leagues etc, and see how that changes things

ReputationRep:
    Would like to see a changed squad for tomorrow, Ospina, Mert, Gibbs, Welbeck and Ozil dropped tbh

Szs

Bellerin Gab Kosc Monreal

Coq Ox

Walcott Cazorla Sanchez

Giroud

Subs: Ospina Chambers Mert Rosicky Ozil Welbeck Chubba/Hayden maybe?

Gives the potential to bring on more cretive players like Ozil and Rosicky, or fast players like Welbeck, or defenders like Chambers or Mert if we're struggling, simple
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Have I missed something in regards to Gibbs? :lolwut: everyone seems to be slating him these days.

ReputationRep:
    arsenal topping a trophy table, what is this? :O

in all honesty i really wouldn't count community shield.
    i suppose it's only there so united are just that bit higher...

3 years for us though
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    arsenal topping a trophy table, what is this? :O

in all honesty i really wouldn't count community shield.
    i suppose it's only there so united are just that bit higher...

3 years for us though
    Even without the CS there's still the FA cup so maybe we would have been third? aha

Huge game for you lots tomorrow...it's on so early :dry: I usually have my lie ins then

ReputationRep:
    Even without the CS there's still the FA cup so maybe we would have been third? aha

Huge game for you lots tomorrow...it's on so early :dry: I usually have my lie ins then
    Almost said you'd be 2nd but then remembered those pesky Championship winning sides

very huge game, not confident in the slightest; even though we're at home, any points would be lovely.
    i'm working on my dissertation right now - need to get a first draft done by monday so i might just work through the night.
    if i don't go to bed, i can't oversleep and miss the game
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i'm working on my dissertation right now - need to get a first draft done by monday so i might just work through the night.
    If you have time to sleep this close to a dissertation deadline you're doing something wrong!

Finally submitting it and getting it bound is the best feeling ever though. Better than seeing your team win the league.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Almost said you'd be 2nd but then remembered those pesky Championship winning sides

very huge game, not confident in the slightest; even though we're at home, any points would be lovely.
    Tell me about it. I was gonna say I'm pumped up for this Everton match cos we're at home and then I remember where we played our last match :cry2: not an ounce of confidence anymore.

Everton might be underwhelming thus far but every team always seems to up their game massively against us. It's like their lives depended on it or something :erm:

Dissertation is optional for me :cool: anyways hope you do well with it

(Original post by sr90)
    Better than seeing your team win the league.
    Nothing beats that. Nothing :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If you have time to sleep this close to a dissertation deadline you're doing something wrong!

Finally submitting it and getting it bound is the best feeling ever though. Better than seeing your team win the league.
    haha true; i have plenty of pepsi max and pro-plus so i'm sure i'll be fine

and yeah, problem is my best friend is having a birthday night the weekend before it's due
    and my other friend is having another birthday night in sheffield a few weeks after, so that should be interesting.
    that's right, i have at least 2 friends :cool:

i don't think i'd go quite that far.
    you're a united fan and you've seen in recently
    can't describe how it would feel as a liverpool supporter

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. I was gonna say I'm pumped up for this Everton match cos we're at home and then I remember where we played our last match :cry2: not an ounce of confidence anymore.

Everton might be underwhelming thus far but every team always seems to up their game massively against us. It's like their lives depended on it or something :erm:

Dissertation is optional for me :cool: anyways hope you do well with it
    look at it this way; would you rather be at home to everton or city? -_-
    everton may have gone through easily in europe (against awful opponents) but they're utter garbage in the league.
    you'll thrash them (although i kinda hope you dont...)

you're telling me!
    pretty sure they up their game against us a little bit more than against you
    bloody jagielka....

ReputationRep:
    Do Arsenal really have the funds to compete for titles? To me it seems like there is this 'elite tier' of teams that are just a notch above financially.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.