Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jra97)
    That does sound convincing, as I got my offer back in November and I've heard of lower offers only this week! Praying that's the reason and they're more lenient!!!

Someone in the facebook group for notts got a lower offer ages ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    I wouldn't be sure about why they are lowering grades. My son got offer of A*AA with 7A* 4As at GCSE (during the death of his dad)
    4A's at AS and hoping to get another A at AS as he is fast tracking another A Level
    A*A*AA predicted for A level
    LNAT 31
    Surely he should have had an AAA offer
    no offence but it's a bit annoying if you keep screaming about someone losing his dad to get special treatment, clearly he's capable of achieving high grades and they do not see the need to offer a contextual offer on that basis, especially as he has A's in his AS and those who do receive these types of offers are seen as not able to achieve the standard requirements at A2 and the fact that you say he's predicted A*A*AA why would they offer AAA

so yh..

ReputationRep:
    I got an AAA offer from Notts in November...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    My prediction is that perhaps if you applied / were given an offer early on it would likely be A*AA as that was standard. But if you applied later (for arguments sake after Christmas) or they only made a decision on your application fairly recently you would be more likely to be given the lowered AAA because they have realised they have rejected too many high calibre students early on or have realised that the standard of this years applicants is lower than normal. Bearing in mind this is just my view I wouldn't take this for fact but merely a view to consider...
    Given the competition for Law, do you really think any University would be dropping its requirement half-way through the cycle? Or that they are half-witted enough to reject 'high achieving applicants'?

ReputationRep:
    Been waiting for Durham since the 17th of November. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    no offence but it's a bit annoying if you keep screaming about someone losing his dad to get special treatment, clearly he's capable of achieving high grades and they do not see the need to offer a contextual offer on that basis, especially as he has A's in his AS and those who do receive these types of offers are seen as not able to achieve the standard requirements at A2 and the fact that you say he's predicted A*A*AA why would they offer AAA

so yh..
    Bitter much? Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Given the competition for Law, do you really think any University would be dropping its requirement half-way through the cycle? Or that they are half-witted enough to reject 'high achieving applicants'?
    It was an 'if' if you read correctly. Gotten out of the wrong side of bed this morning have we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)

so yh..
    By the way he wasn't asking for AAA but someone mentioned that perhaps applicants may be getting AAA offers because they have great grades. I also mentioned if you read my other post that I thought it was fair to have contextual offers for applicants from low performing schools.

ReputationRep:
    Guys Nottingham has different entry requirements for international applicants and EU/UK applicants for law. International applicants require AAA and EU/UK applicants require A*AA. I saw this in a prospectus and confirmed with admissions. I hope this clears things up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasithb)
    Guys Nottingham has different entry requirements for international applicants and EU/UK applicants for law. International applicants require AAA and EU/UK applicants require A*AA. I saw this in a prospectus and confirmed with admissions. I hope this clears things up!
    I guess it's because in some countries there are no A*. A is the highest grade possible.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol , Manchester or Warwick for law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al9121010)
    I guess it's because in some countries there are no A*. A is the highest grade possible.
    Not really cause the AAA grade is for the normal A level (Edexcel, Cambridge etc.) which is the same no matter where you are in the world. I'm pretty sure it's because they want more money and that equates to more international students coming to Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasithb)
    Oh thanks! That sounds like a legitimate reason. I am an international and was offered AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but guess A2 A*AA in the UK are the same as A*AA elsewhere, aren't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    By the way he wasn't asking for AAA but someone mentioned that perhaps applicants may be getting AAA offers because they have great grades. I also mentioned if you read my other post that I thought it was fair to have contextual offers for applicants from low performing schools. So get off your high horse.
    kind of hypercritical of you to ask me to get of my 'high horse' when all you've been doing is saying how great your sons achievements were

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yvchan)
    Been waiting for Durham since the 17th of November. Anyone else?
    Still waiting for Durham since 9th Oct 😭

Edit: Anyone else still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from Durham and Nottingham today for LLB!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry0156)
    Still waiting for Durham since 9th Oct 😭

Edit: Anyone else still waiting?
    Hey, I just got an offer from Durham two hours ago if that helps! Don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Is it ridiculous to want to firm Kings over LSE?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How long do Bristol tend to take to hand out their rejections?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.