Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebro16)
    Guys what tips would you have for quantitative reasoning as I can barely finish half of the questions in the time allocated on the mocks.
    I wouldn't worry too much about finishing it perfectly. If everyone had the time they needed to do the questions well, then there would be no point in the section.

* try to see if you can just look at the question and make an educated guess. if you looked at the sequence 100 200 350 300 120, you would know the average would be around the 200-220 mark, given the option, right? This saves heaps of time.

I didn't finish the section properly, and by the end i was just clicking through to make sure I answered them all, and I scored far above average.

You'll be fine kiddo, just don't panic.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amedic)
    Did the UKCAT this year and found Verbal Reasoning the most challenging out of the sections!
    what would you say makes it challenging, is it the context or the length of the text or the timing or type of questions or...?

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the UKCAT on the 6th of September... which are the best resourses to use with two weeks left? I'm currently using the 1000Q and the kaplan book. Should I subscribe to Medify? Does it help?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by te.lope)
    what would you say makes it challenging, is it the context or the length of the text or the timing or type of questions or...?
    Texts are quite long unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    Getting abit worried now. Did anyone else notice a decrease in their performance prior to the UKCAT. Mine is four days away and i have taken a test a day over the last few days- each with a drop from the last

Medify 1 - 695 (average)
    Medify 2 - 655
    Medify 3 - 650
    Kaplan 1 - 593.3

If anoyone else suffered a slump like this please let me know and if you have any tips to counterract

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done Kaplan 6?????

ReputationRep:
    Best advice for revising and tips for the exam?
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Anyone done Kaplan 6?????
    Yes, but I've already replied to you. Why are you so desperate to know/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    have you done kaplan 6
    Yeah I got 690. My QR was really low because I didn't finish it on time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Yeah I got 690. My QR was really low because I didn't finish it on time
    What did you get in AR and VR

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find AR really difficult in the 1000qs book ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoshBosh)
    Your score is above average, and with such strong GCSE grades, I can't really think of anywhere you couldn't apply.

I see your AR score is fairly low, were the patterns really difficult or did you just run out of time?
    Yeah it was quite frustrating because AR was always my best section but the patterns were pretty hard in the real exam, and there were quite a few which I just couldn't get. sucks really but what can you do :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Newcastle, southampton, Glasgow, exeter, manchester, edinburgh.

Your grades are amazing i would say you have a good shot at Cardiff, Birmingham, QUB, Leicester, Nottingham, Liverpool, UEA, SGUL, Aberdeen, Dundee.

For cardiff you would get a full academic score and would be highly likely to get an interview.
    For birmingham you would score very highly for combined GCSE and UKCAT score which is likely to get an interview.
    For QUB same reason as bham.
    Leicester you would score very high on GCSE and decent on UKCAT. Same with nottingham although this is a bit riskier as they include PS in their score.
    Liverpool are PS heavy but you should have no trouble getting to the stage where the PS is marked, this may be more risky as an option as they place less emphasis on GCSEs which is 100% your strong point.
    If you really want to take a risk try kings or a bmat uni.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it! I was just a bit stressed because all my friends seemed to be scoring above 700 in their Ukcat's so mine seemed a bit low in comparison (also everyone on here seems to be doing pretty well too). I was going to apply to Cardiff and I'm thinking Birmingham too, I initially thought about Kings but I don't want to risk it tbh with my ukcat...

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Got UKCAT test tomorrow.
    Quick question. Do we have to take a printout of the confirmation email along with ID proof or can we just show the email confirmation on the phone at the centre?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragon_)
    Getting abit worried now. Did anyone else notice a decrease in their performance prior to the UKCAT. Mine is four days away and i have taken a test a day over the last few days- each with a drop from the last

Medify 1 - 695 (average)
    Medify 2 - 655
    Medify 3 - 650
    Kaplan 1 - 593.3

If anoyone else suffered a slump like this please let me know and if you have any tips to counterract
    My medify scores were pretty rubbish and I did panic a bit. Did more practice on the weaker areas and ended up with 730 in the real thing. Last time I did UKCAT, my scores in practice were good but my real score was awful. It could just be your nerves that are affecting your scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by First choice)
    Hi,

Got UKCAT test tomorrow.
    Quick question. Do we have to take a printout of the confirmation email along with ID proof or can we just show the email confirmation on the phone at the centre?
    Thanks
    I took a printout

ReputationRep:
    Any last words of advice before my test tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oak16)
    I took a printout
    Thanks.
    My printer is broken .
    Need to rush to Staples to get printout!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by First choice)
    Thanks.
    My printer is broken .
    Need to rush to Staples to get printout!
    Printers are never reliable :/ Best of luck for your test

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I've got the UKCAT tomorrow
    Just wanted to ask to those of you that have already done it, how similar is it to the practice tests on the website?
    I've heard a lot of people say the QR is easier, is that true?
    Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.