Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Anytime! :hugs:<3
    Honestly you are! people don't really help at all in these days!
    Nice to meet you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NachoPhilosopher)
    Honestly you are! people don't really help at all in these days!
    Nice to meet you
    Aw, well thanks. - that's really sweet of you. ^-^ Nice to meet you too.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be doing anymore revision today, a C4 paper's enough for a Sunday :lol: I made more chemistry flashcards though!

Yes, thank you so much for your response
    Actually, I'm taking CIEs and in our syllabus, they just recently added it. I want a little practice of past papers on this topic but unfortunately, since this topic was just added in our syllabus, we will be the first ones to take it's paper so, I was wondering if you could just refer me to the paper where you could have encountered questions about IR spectroscopy.

Would be such a GREAT HELP!
    Hi I do OCR A and we do IR at AS and A2 (more dominantly at AS)! Here are some AS questions (they're usually used with mass spec):

JUN 2009: Q5b(ii)
    JAN 2010: Q6g
    JUN2010: Q4
    JAN 2011: Q6 (d&e)
    JUN 2011: Q7 (a big, heft question!)

More past papers and mark schemes here (AS papers with IR spec in them are under F322: Chains, energy and resources)

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so in this block at 10:00pm- Im going to clear my desk and get the stuff I need to start some work. >.<

ReputationRep:
    Finished B1
    Gonna start sociology unit 1

BTW can somebody answer these 2 questions please???
    Do detritus feeders just feed on dead organisms and their waste materials only? or do they also break down/decompose the dead organisms too?

When dead organisms are decomposed by microorganisms - CO2 is returned to the atmosphere when the microbes repire + they also release nutrients in the soil, which are taken up by plants so that they can grow?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    I won't be doing anymore revision today, a C4 paper's enough for a Sunday :lol: I made more chemistry flashcards though!

Hi I do OCR A and we do IR at AS and A2 (more dominantly at AS)! Here are some AS questions (they're usually used with mass spec):

JUN 2009: Q5b(ii)
    JAN 2010: Q6g
    JUN2010: Q4
    JAN 2011: Q6 (d&e)
    JUN 2011: Q7 (a big, heft question!)

More past papers and mark schemes here (AS papers with IR spec in them are under F322: Chains, energy and resources)
    OMG! Thank you so much, you guys are awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I hope everyone had a great day at school.- I only just got back home. D;

Well in the block at 6:00pm, I'm going to start with Maths. About a week/so ago, I was almost finished with watching + making notes from C4 ES videos but then got distracted by a competition. I think I'd like to finish that tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Hope the revision is going well

This may be a long shot, but is anyone able to help with the following question please?
    Discuss the environmental issues associated with the use of crude oil and wind power.

A response ASAP would be extremely helpful thanks. Feel free to PM me.

Regards
    Ace C
    kennethdcharles if you are able to help, I would be extremely grateful

ReputationRep:
    :work: 6:00pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

C4-Maths. ^-^

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I hope everyone had a great day at school.- I only just got back home. D;

Well in the block at 6:00pm, I'm going to start with Maths. About a week/so ago, I was almost finished with watching + making notes from C4 ES videos but then got distracted by a competition. I think I'd like to finish that tonight.
    You had school today?

Man, the Easter holidays are SO messed up this year.

I still have a week left

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Desperately need help in IR spectroscopy. How do we recognize by looking at transmittance and wavelength which functional groups are present?
    I'm just having some technical problem. I know we have to match with the values given, but I can't seem to know where should I start looking for. Any help??

ReputationRep:
    I've finally completeddd all my notes + watched the videos for the maths stufffff. :party:

I'm so happy.- I hadn't done anything productive in agessss. :party:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Desperately need help in IR spectroscopy. How do we recognize by looking at transmittance and wavelength which functional groups are present?
    I'm just having some technical problem. I know we have to match with the values given, but I can't seem to know where should I start looking for. Any help??
    Maybe if you provide a question example, it'll be easier to help/understand what you mean? ^-^

ReputationRep:
    :work: 8:00pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

ReputationRep:
    OMG! Thank you so much, you guys are awesome!
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do yet ANOTHER C4 paper :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    You had school today?

Man, the Easter holidays are SO messed up this year.

I still have a week left

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I did! We returned last week aha. >.< The Easter holidays are v messed up this year, I agree. That is v strange.

I hope you're enjoying your time off so far though. ^-^ :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    I'm going to do yet ANOTHER C4 paper :indiff:
    You can do it.- Good luck! :indiff:

XD

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I spent the past hour working through the Electrochemical cells chemistry homework sheet for tomorrow + I managed to complete it. I think I'm done for today. :'3

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I did! We returned last week aha. >.< The Easter holidays are v messed up this year, I agree. That is v strange.

I hope you're enjoying your time off so far though. ^-^ :hugs:
    What? I had no idea - so you had the 2 weeks before last week? :confused: I know, me and my youngest brother have the same holidays but my other younger brother doesn't... and I was under the impression all the colleges and primary schools had the same holidays... :dontknow: I think I know why though - and it's a stupid reason -.-

I am - ish. I'm shadowing a GP this week but guess what happened? This morning, I turn up there and I had arranged it all with the main GP and he was like "sure, come in, I'll arrange it all".

Guess what?

They had no idea I was coming >.< :indiff:. I was there at 8:30, bloody exhausted and hadn't done ANY housework and they turned me away BUT I did get to try out a coffee shop I'd been meaning to try for ages to see if I could study there (i can although probably won't be going there)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.