Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I have a burning question, has anyone received an instant rejection from a numerical/verbal/logical test yet? Everyone seems to have just been put on hold atm e.g. MS, CS, DB ... which have been open for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Potato)
    15/18 is ****ing the test up?? oh boy, I'm not going to get in anywhere then :laugh:
    Nah 15/18 is surely a pass!

ReputationRep:
    DB is having first round interviews mid October, so you might not here from them for another week- maybe 2. ( I know this from the graduate recruitment team)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone passed hsbcs sjt and verbal reasoning test? When did u hear back after completing them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gman786)
    Youre probably in the 50-60th percentile. You have to realise most people who do the test probably have 3 or 4 friends working on questions together.
    This^

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone passed hsbcs sjt and verbal reasoning test? When did u hear back after completing them?
    I had an SJT and an inductive reasoning test not verbal for Global Research, but yeah I did them and felt the Inductive went really went but no idea about the SJT and havent heard **** ALL SON

ReputationRep:
    After completing the RBC tests, they said they will get back to me in 3 days and I completed them yesterday.
    Anyone completed them before and heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBankinator)
    This^
    Although it wouldn't surprise me at all if banks rejected anybody that gets full marks with plenty of time to spare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    I had an SJT and an inductive reasoning test not verbal for Global Research, but yeah I did them and felt the Inductive went really went but no idea about the SJT and havent heard **** ALL SON
    Yo i just did the sjt test for hsbc and got an instant email saying congratulations you have passed. Got the inductive reasoning left, gonna do it tmoro!

ReputationRep:
    Yo i just did the sjt test for hsbc and got an instant email saying congratulations you have passed. Got the inductive reasoning left, gonna do it tmoro!
    can you quote the email? I got sent them at the same time, did them the same time and only got one confirmation email saying "

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online Situational Judgement and Inductive Reasoning Aptitude Tests. We will be in touch with you again shortly with regards to the progress of your application. "

ReputationRep:
    After completing the RBC tests, they said they will get back to me in 3 days and I completed them yesterday.
    Anyone completed them before and heard anything yet?
    Normally RBC send an email after the three days telling you to expect to hear back within 4-6 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can you quote the email? I got sent them at the same time, did them the same time and only got one confirmation email saying "

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online Situational Judgement and Inductive Reasoning Aptitude Tests. We will be in touch with you again shortly with regards to the progress of your application. "
    I got them sent individually.. I think cause we applied for different things.

We are pleased to confirm that further to your application to the Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process.Assessment details:This stage of the assessment consists of an online Inductive Reasoning test. The information gathered from this test forms one part of the selection procedure and provides useful additional information that we cannot gain from the other parts of the process.

ReputationRep:
    I got them sent individually.. I think cause we applied for different things.

We are pleased to confirm that further to your application to the Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process.Assessment details:This stage of the assessment consists of an online Inductive Reasoning test. The information gathered from this test forms one part of the selection procedure and provides useful additional information that we cannot gain from the other parts of the process.
    I got that email but not sure if it means you passed SJT, think its sent after you complete SJT. .See I passed Lazard SJT but failed RBS so I never know what to think with these things lol

ReputationRep:
    I got that email but not sure if it means you passed SJT, think its sent after you complete SJT. .See I passed Lazard SJT but failed RBS so I never know what to think with these things lol
    I literally got the email 2 mins after the test.

Youre probably talking about this email

We are pleased to confirm that further to your application to the Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London, you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process.Assessment details:The next stage of the assessment consists of two online tests; a Situational Judgement Test and an Inductive Reasoning Test. The information gathered from these tests forms one part of the selection procedure and provides useful additional information that we cannot gain from the other parts of the process.

ReputationRep:
    I also failed rbs sjt ;( i thought it went so well. Im gnna apply again using a diff email address lol

ReputationRep:
    I literally got the email 2 mins after the test.

Youre probably talking about this email

We are pleased to confirm that further to your application to the Analyst - Internship - Global Banking & Markets, Markets Summer Internship - EMEA - London, you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process.Assessment details:The next stage of the assessment consists of two online tests; a Situational Judgement Test and an Inductive Reasoning Test. The information gathered from these tests forms one part of the selection procedure and provides useful additional information that we cannot gain from the other parts of the process.
    Nah I got both, youre right the other one comes right after completing SJT

ReputationRep:
    I also failed rbs sjt ;( i thought it went so well. Im gnna apply again using a diff email address lol
    Honestly mate RBS arent even worth the time this year, may as concentrate your efforts elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I just started applying for M&A Summer 2017.

I was wondering how fast places might fill this year- am I at a disadvantage for applying after they have been open for 3 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up, Deloitte's financial advisory; M&A grad scheme is now closed

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has done virtual interview for GS? Any insights?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.