Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    It's probably nowhere near as bad as you think - don't loose all hope until you get the results. I had similar doubts about sociology when I did my A2 exams, nearly ran out of time (never happens to me), strange questions etc etc but was pleasantly surprised come results day. Try to stay positive - it's not over yet!
    (Original post by xxvine)
    SCLY4 was horrible

Not even confident for SCLY3

ReputationRep:
    EEK down to single figures!! Nerves have definitely kicked in!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I wasn't overly nervous about results until today - my college called and said they might want me to be interviewed by a news channel on the day showing my results. And there's a very good chance I've got a U in one of my subjects, and my driving test is the day before results...somebody kill me now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlMagic153)
    Okay, so I wasn't overly nervous about results until today - my college called and said they might want me to be interviewed by a news channel on the day showing my results. And there's a very good chance I've got a U in one of my subjects, and my driving test is the day before results...somebody kill me now...
    I'm sure you haven't got an U at all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, if your college thinks you've got good enough results to be on TV, you probably have

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its so easy to over panic before results, but trust me the worrying isnt going to change anything, most people think they have done terribly and i really hope on results day your grades are what you wanted and more (im sure they will be). Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wait, is it possible that schools have received our results?!

ReputationRep:
    I need 3 a's (AS) or I'm doooooomed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    wait, is it possible that schools have received our results?!
    No not yet, unis receive your results the weekend before results day, the schools have access to them the day before results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i was always so sure i'd check track before my results, but now i'm thinking otherwise. if i check my results and see that i've missed my offer then i'll be better prepared to face the rejection on track than to log into track in the morning and just feel my heart sink and stay there for the rest of the month :/ and i'll already have an accurate-ish estimate of my grades from the day before when grade boundaries are released because 3 of my subjects are maths/science and i know roughly how many marks i have for every exam i took, so i'll be much more curious to see if my predictions were correct..idk what to do

ReputationRep:
    i was always so sure i'd check track before my results, but now i'm thinking otherwise. if i check my results and see that i've missed my offer then i'll be better prepared to face the rejection on track than to log into track in the morning and just feel my heart sink and stay there for the rest of the month :/ and i'll already have an accurate-ish estimate of my grades from the day before when grade boundaries are released because 3 of my subjects are maths/science and i know roughly how many marks i have for every exam i took) so i'll be much more curious to see if my predictions were correct..idk what to do
    Always check track first. If you've met your offer, then you can celebrate and not worry about your results. However, if you've been unsuccessful with both your choices, you can sort out clearing a lot quicker. Also, if your firm reads as still conditional, you can ring them up to persuade them to still take you

ReputationRep:
    i was always so sure i'd check track before my results, but now i'm thinking otherwise. if i check my results and see that i've missed my offer then i'll be better prepared to face the rejection on track than to log into track in the morning and just feel my heart sink and stay there for the rest of the month :/ and i'll already have an accurate-ish estimate of my grades from the day before when grade boundaries are released because 3 of my subjects are maths/science and i know roughly how many marks i have for every exam i took) so i'll be much more curious to see if my predictions were correct..idk what to do
    If I were you I'd check track first

If you narrowly miss your offer when you check your results BEFORE track, you'll still be nervously waiting to check track in hopes that whoever has still taken you. And that's just more worrying.

Get your uni decision out of the way, and if it doesn't go to plan then look at your results and just focus on them, so you can be thinking of what you need to do next (remarking, calling them up or w/e)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    If I were you I'd check track first

If you narrowly miss your offer when you check your results BEFORE track, you'll still be nervously waiting to check track in hopes that whoever has still taken you. And that's just more worrying.

Get your uni decision out of the way, and if it doesn't go to plan then look at your results and just focus on them, so you can be thinking of what you need to do next (remarking, calling them up or w/e)
    these conditional offer problems yeah, you're right. i can't wait to see how badly i ****ed up german though lmao

ReputationRep:
    these conditional offer problems yeah, you're right. i can't wait to see how badly i ****ed up german though lmao
    Oh me too, me too. Incase we don't talk then, just take away 2 German grades from yours to get mine :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Oh me too, me too. Incase we don't talk then, just take away 2 German grades from yours to get mine :rofl:
    i'm pretty sure it won't come to that btw if i don't reply then know that i've died of alcohol poisoning and i'm in a better place now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Clearing places for scottish students at scottish universities are a LOT more restricted than clearing places for RUK students at scottish universities. Because their fees are subsidised heavily by the scottish government the places are severely restricted for scottish students (but not for students from England/Wales/NI where the fees cover most of the costs)
    Ooo, that makes me feel slightly better I guess .. :dontknow:

(Original post by usycool1)
    Haha! Every man and woman for themselves eh...
    Yeah dog eat dog world 😂😂

(Original post by lucabrasi98)
    This is my fear and I'm not even applying to a Scottish uni. I imagine it's a way worse for you.

But I'll still be checking 10x a day to make sure my course is still in clearing. If it goes then I'll know it's gg for me.
    My course atm is still in clearing ... for now...I dare say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure it won't come to that btw if i don't reply then know that i've died of alcohol poisoning and i'm in a better place now
    :lol: I'll keep that in mind!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    seriously don't do anything dumb tho

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what the boundaries will be for Sociology
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    Same!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I'm very intrigued about the A2 boundaries for sociology given how many seemed to dislike scly4
    SCLY4 was horrible

Not even confident for SCLY3
    Oh the memories 😭😭 flashbacks to SCLY4 paper rn.. what an awful awful experience that was not only was the questions awful, but due to personal issues I wasn't in much and my teacher who was so poor at teaching she's on review at my college delibrately refused to give me the material for SCLY4 when I was in hospital having surgery 2 months before the exam

I loved SCLY3.. hoping I get a very very high grade for that exam so it can kinda average it out but I'm not banking on it. Need a C overall for uni but that's not going to happen. Didn't write ANYTHING and I mean anything for the SCLY4 exam..

:facepalm::dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Getting a call from school saying they want you to come early for an interview / media / report is a good sign, atleast i'd think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    Getting a call from school saying they want you to come early for an interview / media / report is a good sign, atleast i'd think...
    At this point its a good sign that they have very high hopes in you, but because schools dont have results at the minute (until the day before results) it isnt based on any fact, they are just hopeful for you, its a great compliment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.