TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is beyond a joke.

No player has scored for me in the month of December. What a ridiculous set of players.
good mermington
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had an atrocious time of it as well. The problem has been I've had about 5 players I've wanted to get rid of but every week something new comes up, like Agger being replaced by Hyypia or Marney not starting which just destroys everything
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
This is beyond a joke.

No player has scored for me in the month of December. What a ridiculous set of players.
Time to pick some Newcastle players then, old chap!

:p:
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)

I'm swapping Owen in for Anelka I think, depending on the line-up Big Phil picks tomorrow. If Anelka is sub or marginalised on the wing I see no point in having him any more.
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Well, I've got no problem with money as far as strikers go. Adebayor, Robinho and Drogba are three of the most expensive strikers.

Now Adebayor is suspended, Robinho is injured and Drogba isn't even guaranteed a start.

So I'll have to take an eight point eight point hit unless Drogba plays today.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sitting pretty with 26 with Bos and Anelka to play :dry:

Oh, I forgot to mention I've got an 8 points deduction this week too!

18 points ftl...
TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Robinho as capt was an epic fail.
:shifty:
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TI-84)
Could have been worse. You could have had Adebayor as your captain.

Ronaldo back in this week. He's the only player in this bloody league that guarantees points. Well, him and Bosingwa. Might as well just make him my captain every week.

Even the cheap points winners like Ireland, Geovanni and Delap have turned **** for Christmas. Liverpool can't keep clean sheets anymore and my strikers can't score.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TI-84)
True, but I've seen more people with Ronaldo captain this week which is even better :laughing:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Could have been worse. You could have had Adebayor as your captain.

Ronaldo back in this week. He's the only player in this bloody league that guarantees points. Well, him and Bosingwa. Might as well just make him my captain every week.

Even the cheap points winners like Ireland, Geovanni and Delap have turned **** for Christmas. Liverpool can't keep clean sheets anymore and my strikers can't score.
You and me both mate. The thing is, there's no-one good to replace Ireland or Geovanni with at their prices!

Have to think about changing my defence from:
Reina, Arbeloa, Ferdinand and Bosingwa

to:

Van der Sar, Arbeloa, Ferdinand and Bosingwa.

United have games in hand and United are usually much better in the second half of the season than in the first half. So I'm fairly sure United will be keeping more clean sheets than Liverpool or Chelsea. Chelsea can only keep clean sheets away from home for a start, and Liverpool have been conceding a few both home and away recently. No point even mentioning the Arsenal defenders - it's almost a miracle if we keep clean sheets nowadays.

But then my defence will be sorted, and as long as Fulham's clean sheets dry up very soon (which luck says it should), then hopefully my defenders will be building up the points.

In terms of midfielders/strikers, it seems to be down to a lot of luck. No-one has been prolific apart from perhaps Anelka, but with Drogba back soon, Anelka's goals could dry up soon as well. Even Ronaldo has been blowing hot and cold, and is not worth £14.5m, but you have to keep him in your team since everyone else has him. Lampard hasn't done a huge amount recently, but I do have a sneaky feeling he could do well against Everton tonight. Gerrard is sort of getting back into form, but not quite. Torres has been injured a lot, Fabregas has been injured a few times and he doesn't seem to be scoring much due to him staying back a lot more than he was last year. Robinho and Berbatov aren't consistent enough either. With the mid-table and bottom-table league teams being so close together this year, it's very hard to choose players at a cheap price point who do consistently well too.

Kuyt, Young, Agbonlahor, Adebayor, van Persie, Deco, Nasri and Rooney are yet more names to add to the inconsistency list...
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
You and me both mate. The thing is, there's no-one good to replace Ireland or Geovanni with at their prices!

Have to think about changing my defence from:
Reina, Arbeloa, Ferdinand and Bosingwa

to:

Van der Sar, Arbeloa, Ferdinand and Bosingwa.

United have games in hand and United are usually much better in the second half of the season than in the first half. So I'm fairly sure United will be keeping more clean sheets than Liverpool or Chelsea. Chelsea can only keep clean sheets away from home for a start, and Liverpool have been conceding a few both home and away recently. No point even mentioning the Arsenal defenders - it's almost a miracle if we keep clean sheets nowadays.

But then my defence will be sorted, and as long as Fulham's clean sheets dry up very soon (which luck says it should), then hopefully my defenders will be building up the points.

In terms of midfielders/strikers, it seems to be down to a lot of luck. No-one has been prolific apart from perhaps Anelka, but with Drogba back soon, Anelka's goals could dry up soon as well. Even Ronaldo has been blowing hot and cold, and is not worth £14.5m, but you have to keep him in your team since everyone else has him. Lampard hasn't done a huge amount recently, but I do have a sneaky feeling he could do well against Everton tonight. Gerrard is sort of getting back into form, but not quite. Torres has been injured a lot, Fabregas has been injured a few times and he doesn't seem to be scoring much due to him staying back a lot more than he was last year. Robinho and Berbatov aren't consistent enough either. With the mid-table and bottom-table league teams being so close together this year, it's very hard to choose players at a cheap price point who do consistently well too.

Kuyt, Young, Agbonlahor, Adebayor, van Persie, Deco, Nasri and Rooney are yet more names to add to the inconsistency list...
Your plans for your defence are the same as mine, pretty much. Ideally I'm planning for Torres coming back so I can have Torres, Drogba and Ronaldo, with cheap midfielders, and defenders from the big four.

The only problem is I'm going to have to take some massive point hits to accomodate them.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Your plans for your defence are the same as mine, pretty much. Ideally I'm planning for Torres coming back so I can have Torres, Drogba and Ronaldo, with cheap midfielders, and defenders from the big four.

The only problem is I'm going to have to take some massive point hits to accomodate them.
Stu if possible could you list the players in your squad (including subs)?

I just struggle to see how anyone can afford Torres, Drogba and Ronaldo when I can't afford just one of them whilst maintaining a well-rounded squad.

And you guys are spot on in regards to United. I'll be transferring in VdS, Vidic and Berba as soon as possible to make the most of the future games in hand.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wanted to put Evra in, but then he got banned for a few matches. When is he back?!

VdS in for James, i think i might go with that as well. James is killing me at the moment, along with Defoe.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Evra is banned until the 30th December (I was checking it earlier) so he still has a few to miss. Will O'Shea be covering for him until then because he could prove to be a very good temporary replacement?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Evra is banned until the 30th December (I was checking it earlier) so he still has a few to miss. Will O'Shea be covering for him until then because he could prove to be a very good temporary replacement?
Yup, O'Shea is certain to fill in the two Prem games.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Yup, O'Shea is certain to fill in the two Prem games.
Beautiful. I think I saw him earlier valued at around 5.3, which for a Big 4 defender is great value.
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have three Chelsea players playing today.

No prizes for guessing which three :p:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Stig)
I have three Chelsea players playing today.

No prizes for guessing which three :p:
Zola, Wise & Roberto Di Matteo?!

The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Zola, Wise & Roberto Di Matteo?!

:laugh:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Stu if possible could you list the players in your squad (including subs)?

I just struggle to see how anyone can afford Torres, Drogba and Ronaldo when I can't afford just one of them whilst maintaining a well-rounded squad.

And you guys are spot on in regards to United. I'll be transferring in VdS, Vidic and Berba as soon as possible to make the most of the future games in hand.
Who's got the highest score in the TSR fantasy league and with what?

Just wondering by comparison. I've had a **** few weeks and lost all patience with Ronaldo, replacing him instead for Ashley Young and Adebayor.
My team for Gameweek 18:

Schwarzer
Bosingwa, Arbeloa, Alex
Ireland, Delap, Ashley Young, Geovani
Drogba, Robinho (c), Adebayor

Subs (in order):
Reina, Steinsonn, Alonso, Djourou
That was his last update I think.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed