Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha.. so does our extrapolation from the pattern LSE's gone by in previous years mean that all of us are going to get rejections next friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    No. you can still get offers. It just means that you were not top of their must have list. e.g. did you have less than 8 grade a AS-levels?
    But last year for econ there were LSE applicants who applied in october and got offers in March. And I expect it to happend agin this year.
    In fariness Paulwhy, there was someone I know from last year who only got 8A*s in their GCSEs and AAB at AS-level, who went on to get an offer from LSE for Economics in November.

Probably the exception rather than the rule, though.

ReputationRep:
    Searched through last years thread and found that LSE sent out information concerning the 'Entrance examination' (which I, if 'accepted', have to sit as I'm applying with non-standard qualifications) in early january. That info is reason only to drink 1 of the 2 russian vodka bottles I've bought to prepare for a rejection :p:

ReputationRep:
    a bit of a waste of a day's expectation really.

all the hype surrounding today and LSE ended up making no offers at all for economics, or at least none that we know of on TSR. now we're all saying that maybe there'll be some action next week and that's just going to create hope/despair again. i'm trying to force myself to just forget about it and focus on the cambridge result in January and see where to go from there..but LSE's indecision is killing me!

why can't they just send people who have heard nothing SOME kind of indication of the status of their application. applied on the 8th of Oct., and nothing heard since then..no 'gather pile' email, no rejection, no offer, absolutely nothing. the wait goes on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist1)
    In fariness Paulwhy, there was someone I know from last year who only got 8A*s in their GCSEs and AAB at AS-level, who went on to get an offer from LSE for Economics in November.

Probably the exception rather than the rule, though.
    Well yes LSE econ candidates can get quick offers as well as slow offers.

ReputationRep:
    so the last reply day is going to be a bad one? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerulean)
    so the last reply day is going to be a bad one? :hmmm:
    well the majority of the speculation so far hasn't really got us anywhere. best thing to do would be just to wait and see what happens...as difficult as it is to do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkanoot)
    well the majority of the speculation so far hasn't really got us anywhere. best thing to do would be just to wait and see what happens...as difficult as it is to do...

much of it has been right (if you exclude the monday/tues rejections)

ReputationRep:
    Congratz everyone with offers!!! has anyone got any law offers today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capocrimini)
    Searched through last years thread and found that LSE sent out information concerning the 'Entrance examination' (which I, if 'accepted', have to sit as I'm applying with non-standard qualifications) in early january. That info is reason only to drink 1 of the 2 russian vodka bottles I've bought to prepare for a rejection :p:
    well they will have to wait until they get all the applications, won't they? so many... I do not know really lol! I don't know what to think anymore...

Anyway, I have just 1 reply out of 5 uni I've applied to! So if LSE is the best uni I've applied to... that means that the other 3 unis should apply before LSE!!! Don't know if you are following me... but... in a way... LSE replying in March is the USUAL thing! I reckon getting an offer before the end of the year means you were an outstanding applicant!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Social Anthropology

I am quite pleased

ReputationRep:
    I told you all not to get your hopes up high.

FFS, @ people who think they're going to get rejected just because they haven't heard yet is ridiculous. Just because they had one pattern last year, doesn't mean it will be the same this year - we've already seen decisions given out on other days of the week apart from Fridays.

Regardless of when you applied, LSE could give you an offer between now and the end of March.

All the shortlist e-mail means is that you won't hear until after Jan 15th - now, this means they're going to consider everyone up to the last application on Jan 15th before they make a decision on your application, so this could take another month or two maybe.

People who haven't had a shortlist e-mail but applied early and haven't heard yet, you might hear at the end of March you might hear mid-Jan or you might hear next week.

The important thing is, no one on TSR knows for certain, so take everything with a pinch of salt?!?!!?!?£?£$OJSA)PJ_(FJAS{ }FSJSAJIOAFA££

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mariachi)

FFS, @ people who think they're going to get rejected just because they haven't heard yet is ridiculous. Just because they had one pattern last year, doesn't mean it will be the same this year - we've already seen decisions given out on other days of the week apart from Fridays.

Regardless of when you applied, LSE could give you an offer between now and the end of March.

All the shortlist e-mail means is that you won't hear until after Jan 15th - now, this means they're going to consider everyone up to the last application on Jan 15th before they make a decision on your application, so this could take another month or two maybe.

People who haven't had a shortlist e-mail but applied early and haven't heard yet, you might hear at the end of March you might hear mid-Jan or you might hear next week.

The important thing is, no one on TSR knows for certain, so take everything with a pinch of salt?!?!!?!?£?£$OJSA)PJ_(FJAS{ }FSJSAJIOAFA££
    very well said!

ReputationRep:
    nothing on my track. No offer for straight economics today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano46)
    I'm applying for accounting and finance

anyway about the infamous email thing...my application was sent on the 2nd (as my reference took pretty long) and i got an "acknowledgement" back the same day. so it coincides with what you're saying but my question is whether you know if it's the same thing?

i mean i'm not that bad a candidate i don't think
    i only got 2 A*s 6 As and 1 B for IGCSE level which is far harder
    and moved to england and got 4 high As at As level. I'm continuing Economics, Maths and Physics at A2 level. (well respected subjects i believe/hope)

Best of luck everyone!
    I don't know why everyone thinks the acknowledgement e-mail is the same or could be the same as the shortlist e-mail, it bears no relevance AT ALL apart from the fact they're both e-mails. Why on EARTH would LSE shortlist you a day or two after you've applied unless you had all A*s and 6As, in which case they'd probably give you an offer soon and skip the shortlisting process!?!!?!

Seriously, you'd think people applying to LSE would have a bit more logic.

ReputationRep:
    Why on EARTH would LSE shortlist you a day or two after you've applied unless you had all A*s and 6As, in which case they'd probably give you an offer soon and skip the shortlisting process!?!!?!
    Even that doesn't prevent a 'gathered field' e-mail.

Stefano46 - just be patient, several people have been waiting for months and still have nothing. It's a long waiting game.

ReputationRep:

Quoted for truth.

ReputationRep:
    so are we predicting rejections next week or no decisions at all until january?

(btw well done to people who got offers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msd2008)
    so are we predicting rejections next week or no decisions at all until january?

(btw well done to people who got offers)
    I think the point of the last couple of posts is to saym STOP trying to predict patterns in the decision making process

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.