ReputationRep:
    Bojjjaannnnnnn

ReputationRep:
    Tbf Alves won consecutive UEFA Cups on his own, he has class :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Its not Villa's day today lol

ReputationRep:
    Xavi just did his trademark 360-turn :sogood:

EDIT - Messi run past 4-5 defenders and just thought for a second, another M vs M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Its not Villa's day today lol
    Yeah... he needs to work on his finishing. I think he pisses about too much to make it perfect, needs to be more no nonsense... like Eto'o :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Sensational goal. I swear every time Barca play Getafe at Camp Nou, it's a really close affair.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, what a chance by Albin.

It seemed like Getafe had a little bit more penetration than a lot of other teams at the Camp Nou and I think it was because of the way they dealt with Barca's pressing (whether it was instructed or just their players didn't mind taking the risk nearer the end). The underlying assumption of the effectiveness of pressing is that the player you're pressing isn't going to risk losing possession by trying to go past you. But Getafe's midfielders seemed to not mind taking that risk and taking Barca players on, usually by a "fake kick" i.e. pretending to pass one way and then sharply cutting it in the other direction and then exploiting the space behind if they pull it off. Looks like to conquer Barca's aggression via pressing, you have to be even more aggressive and be brave enough to take those kinds of risks. Barca weren't immune to being pressed either; and Milito, Pique, Adriano and Masch wouldn't be expected to take such risks. But the main difference is that they have Xavi and Iniesta who can easily weave out of tight spaces if you try and press them in midfied.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going going to watch the Madrid derby?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Atleti crumbling already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Sensational goal. I swear every time Barca play Getafe at Camp Nou, it's a really close affair.
    Im not watching the game anymore :/
    Who scored?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Im not watching the game anymore :/
    Who scored?
    For Getafe? Manu.

ReputationRep:
    Watching Milan. They're goal down with 20mins left at Palermo, Pato's hobbled off and with Ibra out for another 2 games, I imagine Inter are feeling pretty good right now.

Milan do play some lovely football, though.

ReputationRep:
    Man of the Match: Iker Casillas.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see Mourinho telling Ronaldo to keep quiet during the derby after complaining about a peno. Just before Ozil scored he complained furiously to the ref for a penalty. In the same attack Ozil gets a shot off and scores, everybody celebrates.....well almost.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm intrigued as to how Ronaldo and Jose's working relationship is after ages back, Mourinho questioned his intelligence (probably rightly some anti-Madrid/Ronaldo fans woudl say) and they seem to get on well but I can't see it being as close and buddy buddy as Ronaldo was with SAF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I'm intrigued as to how Ronaldo and Jose's working relationship is after ages back, Mourinho questioned his intelligence (probably rightly some anti-Madrid/Ronaldo fans woudl say) and they seem to get on well but I can't see it being as close and buddy buddy as Ronaldo was with SAF.
    What, I´m pro Real Madrid and pro Ronaldo and I do question his intelligence as well as a lot of R. Madrid supporters. And the revealing evidence is above, Ozil scores, everyone gathers to celebrate and Ronaldo insist in getting booked by claiming penalty, so Mourinho had to resort to tell him "oh ffs, shut the **** up, will ya´"

About your question, their relationship is fine, I´ve heard Ronaldo say he will go wherever Mourinho goes when asked what would happen if Mourinho didn´t remain as R.Madrid next year, also they constantly praise each other, and judging from training session pictures they seem to be pretty close. A different story is what the rest of squad make of him, because rumours say that he´s close with Marcelo, Pepe and Di Maria, but the spanish ´leaders´ of the dressing room can´t stand him, and that is Casillas and Xabi Alonso, and I think I can see why.

Benzema´s finish was class, btw, and he has just equalized Villa in number of goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dission)
    What, I´m pro Real Madrid and pro Ronaldo and I do question his intelligence as well as a lot of R. Madrid supporters. And the revealing evidence is above, Ozil scores, everyone gathers to celebrate and Ronaldo insist in getting booked by claiming penalty, so Mourinho had to resort to tell him "oh ffs, shut the **** up, will ya´"

About your question, their relationship is fine, I´ve heard Ronaldo say he will go wherever Mourinho goes when asked what would happen if Mourinho didn´t remain as R.Madrid next year, also they constantly praise each other, and judging from training session pictures they seem to be pretty close. A different story is what the rest of squad make of him, because rumours say that he´s close with Marcelo, Pepe and Di Maria, but the spanish ´leaders´ of the dressing room can´t stand him, and that is Casillas and Xabi Alonso, and I think I can see why.

Benzema´s finish was class, btw, and he has just equalized Villa in number of goals.
    Villa has become frustrating tbh, he does everything right from his running to his passing but his finishing lately has become embarrasing. He's already a clear improvement over Ibrahimovic but I find it funny that people say any striker would score goals for fun in Barcelona but the evidence suggests the only to have done so for the past decade or so is Eto'o (discount Messi).

ReputationRep:
    Totti's got his second brace in as many games. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo, I just had to say it!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.