The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samung
Yeah, the bills haven't convince me yet that they're for real---and they don't have a deep bench at all. Even though Ryan hasn't been bad, I still don't know if I would have signed--but I guess with the lack of talented QBs they really didn't have a choice.

So are a "Suck for Luck" guy?

Well, I don't know. I'm kinda torn. It hurts to see the team this bad and obviously nobody likes losing games. But at the same time, unless we get a QB like Luck that could become a franchise QB, we'll just the be the string of mediocre and poor teams like this one that we've had ever since Marino retired, probably with anyone string of 16 fill in QBs to come. It's gotten pretty desperate for a franchise that was so used to winning in the past. I also get that regardless of what I think or want, what happens will happen. If we lose and get him then that's how it'll be. If not, gotta accept that too.
Confession to make :/ The Packers are boring me now. I know every game, they're going to win. I don't get the true ups and downs of being a sports fan. May switch my allegiances to the Raiders :teehee:
Reply 2922
Original post by Scott129
Confession to make :/ The Packers are boring me now. I know every game, they're going to win. I don't get the true ups and downs of being a sports fan. May switch my allegiances to the Raiders :teehee:

Or the Panthers. They play every game close. Cam is phenomenal and their current record doesn't tell the true story of this team. The panthers are an exciting team to watch.
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Signing up Fitzpatrick is maybe a tad premature - even though I think he's a pretty good QB and it is probably a fair deal all in all, it didn't take many games to warrant that contract. With that said, he would've been an FA at the end of the season so it makes sense to get him settled there before someone else could take him, so what else could they have done? He won't be an Elite QB, he'll be behind Brady in that division, but he can be seen as a franchise QB, something the Bills haven't had in a while.

Hopefully, if the Phins get Luck in the draft, we'll better both the Pats and Bills in the QB department in future. In future, Brady's only get older and probably worse....eventually, right?.

if only :wink:
Original post by fudgesundae
haha just came across 'Tebowing', like planking.

http://tebowing.com/

Brilliant.
Reply 2925
Original post by Scott129
Brilliant.

:lolz: I needed that laugh :biggrin:
Working from 4 til midnight tonight so I will likely miss most of the games which sucks. I will watch highlights online though and still catch the pats game :biggrin:
Reply 2927
Tebow and the Broncos are sucking massively right now. Definetly not proving it was the right decision to drop Kyle Orton.

And wtf are sky not showing Steelers Patriots ffs.
Holy crap 20 yard safety. Its been another rubbish week for the Browns (shocker) and my Fantasy.
The Phins snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Again. Rams won though and they played pretty well against New Orleans in truth. Colts lost again, so only 2 winless teams now.
OK, kind of gutted about the Pats.

Deserved to lose though. Our defense is just shocking. Hardly got Brady and the offense on the field, so never really had a chance at winning. Serious work needs to be done by Belichick before Brady runs out of time. We're primed to win another superbowl (or 2). We just need a solid D.
Reply 2931
Jheez 24-0. WTF is going on.
Original post by 419
Tebow and the Broncos are sucking massively right now. Definetly not proving it was the right decision to drop Kyle Orton.

And wtf are sky not showing Steelers Patriots ffs.

Haha yeh, I remember watching Denver's first drive where Tebow was very accurate and throwing the ball nicely. I was thinking, "what's everyone on about, this kid aint that bad". Then the Lions scored 45 unanswered points and I realised he can't throw for ****. Hopefully he can improve though, as I want to see the guy be good..
Better week for me than last week so far.

I think, despite my atrocious start, I may be second in my division in our league :biggrin:
anyone reckon its worth putting some money on the lions winning the superbowl? or getting to the final at least?
Original post by Barden
anyone reckon its worth putting some money on the lions winning the superbowl? or getting to the final at least?

What odds have you got?
Original post by Hedgeman49
What odds have you got?

10/1 to win conference is all i can find... that's a place in the final right? i'm still somewhat of a n00b when it comes to nfl lol
Reply 2937
Original post by Barden
10/1 to win conference is all i can find... that's a place in the final right? i'm still somewhat of a n00b when it comes to nfl lol

Nah, thats Semi-Final in Soccer terms. Superbowl is the final :smile:

Also for anyone interested in Tebows' accuracy, go check out the last play of the first half this week. It literally tells the entire story.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rekyht
Nah, thats Semi-Final in Soccer terms. Superbowl is the final :smile:

Also for anyone interested in Tebows' accuracy, go check out the last play of the first half this week. It literally tells the entire story.

Well, if you won the conference championship you would end up in the Superbowl representing the AFC or NFC, so he's right.
How much should a replica jersey be selling for? Got my eye on a McFadden jersey that's going for £25. Seems too good to be true.

Latest