This discussion is closed.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
You liked it? Fair enough.

I found no redeeming qualities in that episode.
As I said, different writers suit different people.

I know, for example, many fans complained about how David Tennant was made into a more all-powerful, God-like Doctor who just clicked his fingers and everything fell into place, whereas other Doctor's have relied much more on their genius to get them out of a situation. I'm sure you know what I mean. I, on the other hand, thought that was the best way of portraying the Doctor.
Bluth.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in the 'I liked it' group. I thought the Gangers were really creepy and I don't usually find that with Dr Who monsters...
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Obadetona)
The acid suits looked just like the sontaran uniform!
I thought this to, so much so that i've just spent the last 5 minutes comparing the two to see how similar they are.
AlesanaWill
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The acid suits looked just like the sontaran uniform!
When I first saw the ad for the episode I thought they were bringing the Sontarans back again.

I didn't think the episode was bad, but probably the worst of this series. The plot seemed a bit confused and was predictable at times.
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
pinkpenguin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So here's a question that me and my brothers (18, 20 and 26 years old, and proud.. ) were talking about earlier..

How would you like Matt Smith's Doctor to regenerate?

Do you ever think it could be kept a secret? So the regeneration takes everyone by surprise?

I'd like him to go out in a blaze of glory I think. Doing something completely reckless, rather than the drawn out emotional whatever of David Tennants leaving.
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinkpenguin)
So here's a question that me and my brothers (18, 20 and 26 years old, and proud.. ) were talking about earlier..

Do you ever think it could be kept a secret? So the regeneration takes everyone by surprise?

I'd like him to go out in a blaze of glory I think. Doing something completely reckless, rather than the drawn out emotional whatever of David Tennants leaving.
Shot by an astronaut that appears from the sea.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
lol what don't you like about it? the episodes like this that go into moral, *ethical themes and all are pretty good imo - you could say a lot of episodes do, but the ones with that as a focus tend to be good
This episode emcompasses a moral, ethical theme, but it's not doing anything with it apart from hitting us over the head with it.

"They're people too." "We're people too" "What do I do?"

Get over yourselves. You've turned an ethical theme into the most obvious representation of that, yet you still try to bring it up without examination. It's tripe.

Though, Rory once again shows why he's the best character on the show.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
As I said, different writers suit different people.

I know, for example, many fans complained about how David Tennant was made into a more all-powerful, God-like Doctor who just clicked his fingers and everything fell into place, whereas other Doctor's have relied much more on their genius to get them out of a situation. I'm sure you know what I mean. I, on the other hand, thought that was the best way of portraying the Doctor.
Yeah, fair enough. And I slightly agree with you on the Tennant representation, I just thought it was TOO god-like at times.
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinkpenguin)

He does a face wipe thing, while he's glowing (as you do when you regenerate) he has a worried/anxious facial expression then lowers his hand in front of his face - Voila new Doctor with a new face and everything :cool:
Bobifier
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like the more psychological cliffhanger. Doctor Who has a tendency to have cliffhangers in which the only question is how they are going to avoid immediate death or something similar, normally something that can be escaped from in 20 seconds by some quirk of fictional technology. This one gives us something more to think about.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

:awesome:
smoozth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't get the badger thing. possibly because I never get to watch confidential. on a happier note this was the first episode of the season I got to watch when it was actually on tv WOO
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HugoDuchovny)
WHERE WAS THE SILENT?

In today's episode??

I thought they got defeated??

where was it??
I think AGI is refering to the picture that smoozth posted a couple of posts up where there's a Silent in the corner.
smoozth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
WHERE WAS THE SILENT?

In today's episode??

I thought they got defeated??

where was it??
Lmao sorry to disappoint
smoozth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i cant find the silent on the picture

where is it?
it's in the bottom left
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
About the red boots: (theory)

Spoiler:
Show
I wonder if it's like the wizard of oz, where Dorothy has the red shoes? I imagine the gangers would feel like they dont know where they're going, a bit like Dorothy and in WoO they were transported to another world
doctorwho_freak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jennifer:"i thought i was gonna die"
Rory:"Welcome to my world!"

-----------------------------------------------

Jennifer:"Amy's a lucky gal!"
Rory:"YEAAAAA!! she is!"!

GOSH!!! I LOVE RORY!!!
:giggle::hugs:

oooooo...silent!!!
drbluebox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ??????????????????)
Lol that doesnt work since he wasnt doc 9 "first"

Well to some people.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.04%
No - but I will (91)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (84)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed