Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I suggest that psychology probably is not your calling.
    I see that nobody has disagreed with it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Why would they? It is quite accurate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Clearly i disagree with it.

The penile comment is quite simply factually incorrect.

I would describe myself as being on track in terms of doing well. I never said it was a remarkable achievement.

In regards to being arrogant i earlier made this comment "That is not to infer arrogance as i see the majority as equals due to other qualities (except rapists and murderers from this as they are inferior/sub-human) and there are people more intelligent than me (Adorno sounds like one of most intelligent people even on TSR).". I may well appear arrogant to you but i categorically disagree with you and fortunately i do not appear to viewed as a massive tosser by anybody i know.

If i view significant to be total assets exceeding £1m then i believe this to be fairly easily achievable. I have many ideas for businesses and investments, the primary obstacle right now is the fact i have no money and this will hopefully be rectified after university.

Ultimately you are entitled to your opinion however as i like myself and neither my friends or close family have asserted that i have a major issue then i can't say i really care given that i do not see the logic in seeking validation from a random person on the internet.

Whilst i do have a large ego and am perhaps over-confident i consider myself to be also friendly, funny and interesting. Until anybody that matters says differently i will politely see your assertions as rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Clearly i disagree with it.

The penile comment is quite simply factually incorrect.

I would describe myself as being on track in terms of doing well. I never said it was a remarkable achievement.

In regards to being arrogant i earlier made this comment "That is not to infer arrogance as i see the majority as equals due to other qualities (except rapists and murderers from this as they are inferior/sub-human) and there are people more intelligent than me (Adorno sounds like one of most intelligent people even on TSR).". I may well appear arrogant to you but i categorically disagree with you and fortunately i do not appear to viewed as a massive tosser by anybody i know.

If i view significant to be total assets exceeding £1m then i believe this to be fairly easily achievable. I have many ideas for businesses and investments, the primary obstacle right now is the fact i have no money and this will hopefully be rectified after university.

Ultimately you are entitled to your opinion however as i like myself and neither my friends or close family have asserted that i have a major issue then i can't say i really care given that i do not see the logic in seeking validation from a random person on the internet.

Whilst i do have a large ego and am perhaps over-confident i consider myself to be also friendly, funny and interesting. Until anybody that matters says differently i will politely see your assertions as rubbish.
    Whatever you say

It's a fairly accurate analysis from your posts, and I know other people agree with me so you can think what you want

ReputationRep:
    What is Labour's stance on the controversial Diplomatic Immunity Act?
    And if you are in Government, what would you do regarding this Act?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Hi,

Personally speaking, I voted against this ludicrous Bill. It has clearly damaged the UK's position and caused countries to review their diplomatic relations with us. I am disappointed that the Foreign Secretary has not issued a statement to the MUN, as this was necessary.

If the TSR electorate have the faith and confidence in the Labour Party and elect us, I will seek to repeal this Bill. I respect the Vienna Convention.

ReputationRep:
    Having looked at the vote, no Labour MP voted for it, though both your leader and deputy leader did. I might ask the Lib Dems for their stance on this controversial bill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eff01)
    Hi,

Personally speaking, I voted against this ludicrous Bill. It has clearly damaged the UK's position and caused countries to review their diplomatic relations with us. I am disappointed that the Foreign Secretary has not issued a statement to the MUN, as this was necessary.

If the TSR electorate have the faith and confidence in the Labour Party and elect us, I will seek to repeal this Bill. I respect the Vienna Convention.
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Having looked at the vote, no Labour MP voted for it, though both your leader and deputy leader did. I might ask the Lib Dems for their stance on this controversial bill!
    I did not vote, mind was probably on something else

Thanks for the response. You know I am a raving Internationalist
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by eff01)
    Hi,

Well the only country to make any statement was you prior to the other two whom I suspect only did so because you kicked up a stink. You threw your toys out of the pram when you didn't get your own way about the statement from the Foreign Secretary. I guess it's just my side of the House that wants our citizens to get justice when they are wronged by foreign diplomats.

ReputationRep:
    I did not vote, mind was probably on something else

Thanks for the response. You know I am a raving Internationalist
    When this bill came up a couple of years ago, I voted against it then and I would support any of my colleagues who sought to repeal it. I don't think it was a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Well the only country to make any statement was you prior to the other two whom I suspect only did so because you kicked up a stink. You threw your toys out of the pram when you didn't get your own way about the statement from the Foreign Secretary. I guess it's just my side of the House that wants our citizens to get justice when they are wronged by foreign diplomats.
    The MUN representatives, the majority of whom do not follow the day-to-day proceedings of this House, deserved to know that your government had passed the the Diplomatic Immunity Bill, a change that has significantly changed the United Kingdom's diplomatic relations.

I condemn the actions of the Foreign Secretary who at first stated that releasing a statement was his priority and then after facing pressure from the government backed down from his position. His logic of representatives coming to this House to read the Bill was also flawed. In order for members to read a Bill, they need to be aware that such a Bill exists.

Does the DPM believe that other countries should tear up the Vienna Convention when it comes to UK diplomats committing a crime abroad? We on this side of the House respect the Vienna Convention, an international treaty, respected by the world. Shame it isn't respected by the Rt H G's party.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by eff01)
    The MUN representatives, the majority of whom do not follow the day-to-day proceedings of this House, deserved to know that your government had passed the the Diplomatic Immunity Bill, a change that has significantly changed the United Kingdom's diplomatic relations.

I condemn the actions of the Foreign Secretary who at first stated that releasing a statement was his priority and then after facing pressure from the government backed down from his position. His logic of representatives coming to this House to read the Bill was also flawed. In order for members to read a Bill, they need to be aware that such a Bill exists.

Does the DPM believe that other countries should tear up the Vienna Convention when it comes to UK diplomats committing a crime abroad? We on this side of the House respect the Vienna Convention, an international treaty, respected by the world. Shame it isn't respected by the Rt H G's party.
    Using your MUN rep position to continue your vendetta against this legislation is also an action that must be condemned.

If any diplomat commits a crime, then they should be punished. It is a shame that the Labour party don't put our people first, but it's hardly surprising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    It's your prerogative to ask them, I am out of it but in one of my other roles I have to make a Judgement.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    It's your prerogative to ask them, I am out of it but in one of my other roles I have to make a Judgement.
    Well no you're a member of the Lib Dems. What is Lib Dem policy on this matter? Either the party supports the Act or it doesn't. As a member of the Lib Dems, you can't just disassociate yourself whenever you don't want to answer a question.

ReputationRep:
    Using your MUN rep position to continue your vendetta against this legislation is also an action that must be condemned.

If any diplomat commits a crime, then they should be punished. It is a shame that the Labour party don't put our people first, but it's hardly surprising.
    We do put our people first, which is why we didn't vote for the bill. We have the basic common sense to work out that if we ignore diplomatic procedure here, other countries will feel they have a precedent that allows them to ignore diplomatic procedure towards British diplomats. Did you really consider the effect this could have on British missions in the Middle East, Africa, North Korea? You've brought far more British lives under threat than you've aided. Such poor thought.

ReputationRep:
    Well no you're a member of the Lib Dems. What is Lib Dem policy on this matter? Either the party supports the Act or it doesn't. As a member of the Lib Dems, you can't just disassociate yourself whenever you don't want to answer a question.
    I don't know because I did not vote on it
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TopHat)
    We do put our people first, which is why we didn't vote for the bill. We have the basic common sense to work out that if we ignore diplomatic procedure here, other countries will feel they have a precedent that allows them to ignore diplomatic procedure towards British diplomats. Did you really consider the effect this could have on British missions in the Middle East, Africa, North Korea? You've brought far more British lives under threat than you've aided. Such poor thought.
    Of course we thought such things through and in the MUN, the response hasn't been major to be honest apart from your shadow foreign secretary making an idiot of himself by kicking up a fuss and engaging in theatrics.

ReputationRep:

I echo the statement of my Honourable Friend and Colleague. This Bill has left the United Kingdom more vulnerable than ever before. If a prosperous, established democracy like the UK is not willing to uphold this crucial diplomatic treaty, then why should any other country uphold this treaty for us. Tonight, a foreign government can storm a British Embassy, arrest our diplomatic staff on the most trivial of charges and this government can not do anything about it.

Shame on this government, that has weakened the United Kingdom's international position and left our diplomatic staff across the world vulnerable than ever. Appalling.

ReputationRep:
    Of course we thought such things through and in the MUN, the response hasn't been major to be honest apart from your shadow foreign secretary making an idiot of himself by kicking up a fuss and engaging in theatrics.
    Oh for goodness sake! Are you really that out of touch? Implement this policy in RL and the consequences of this Bill will be huge.

ReputationRep:
    I frankly couldn't care less what the response is in the MUN and as an organisation, it is becoming so far detached from real life, it's almost an irrelevance to any of our proceedings. My objections would have been down to the response we would have received from the international community in real life had this gone through. It would have been a disaster for foreign relations, jeopardised our diplomatic missions and possibly even threatened our security.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.