The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smash50
What are you smoking? Novak has been in terrific form throughout this tournament. I reckon he'll beat Wawrinka in straight sets.

He has played well but hasn't really been tested. Novak will probably beat Stan but it won't be in straight sets.
Murray loses the first set. Had opportunities to break Berdych again and prevent a TB and also had a set point during TB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Berdych wins the first set 7-6, but Murray 3-0 up in the second. This could be an interesting battle.
Murray is on fire in this set.
Been meaning to get into Tennis full time but never really bother until Murray is playing.

Anyway just spent fifteen minutes dicking around looking for a stream only to realise it's on BBC2.

Watching now.
Bagel set - done and dusted. Murray could end this quickly.
Andy just in total control now - he's found a nice rhythm, he's dictating play (battering the Berdych backhand before twisting the ball occasionally to his forehand).
He just doesn't look like losing now
Andy nearly home and dry. He's playing some amazing tennis right now. Even against Djokovic I think he's got a pretty good chance if he plays this well. His serve has improved from the 1st set which is key I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been 2 years since I've seen Murray play like this.
Murray wins! Through to the 2015 AO FINAL!
Superb win for Murray. Best i've seen him play for quite some time.
Oh great. Well definitely rooting for Stan now then.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Oh great. Well definitely rooting for Stan now then.

Only because people want to avoid seeing Murray-Djokovic final. It's amazing how they both turn into blockers when they face each other.
Great win for Andy back to being a grand slam contender again and Mauresmo must feel vindicated now. However, I feel that Novak or Stan will have too much for him in the final
Original post by Smash50
Berdych ain't gonna beat Murray, mark my words. This is Murray's time.

:smile:
Murray back in the top 4 and a 4th Australian Open final. Hope he gets it this time round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2936
Original post by Skkc16
Murray back in the top 4 and a 4th Australian Open final. Hope he gets it this time round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea same, he deserves it really! He's playing better than I've seen for a long while. Terrific form.

Original post by lizzy95
Great win for Andy back to being a grand slam contender again and Mauresmo must feel vindicated now. However, I feel that Novak or Stan will have too much for him in the final

Gonna be Novak, and gotta be 50/50. Novak is too good for Stan.
Original post by samba
Yea same, he deserves it really! He's playing better than I've seen for a long while. Terrific form.

Gonna be Novak, and gotta be 50/50. Novak is too good for Stan.

Yeah I have a feeling Novak will be too consistent for Stan this time round and will weather the storm better this time round because as well as Stan played last year Novak was just a whisker away. I feel if Stan and Novak play their best Novak will win. If Novak has a mental lapse in the key points like he did last year and like he does on occasion, if Stan is playing his best he'll be more than ready to take advantage. Either way the final promises to be better than last year so tennis wins in both the men's and women's game.
Original post by lizzy95
Either way the final promises to be better than last year so tennis wins in both the men's and women's game.

:biggrin: not in the women's final. Serena will make Sharapova's life hell, can't wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krish4791
Only because people want to avoid seeing Murray-Djokovic final. It's amazing how they both turn into blockers when they face each other.

Yeah, if Murray played like today in the 2nd and 3rd then I wouldn't mind the match up so much. Just can't be having the kind of boring style 5 hour slugfests that I play in grand slam finals.

Quick Reply

Latest