Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I take it back about Djokovic after watching highlights of his match against Raonic. He looked nervous in the first set and wasn't playing that well until he took the first. Thankfully for him he was playing an even flakier opponent, he looked tight for the entire match. It's actually very disappointing for Raonic because leading up to the Open he was playing terrific tennis, being hugely aggressive, consistent, and his return had seemed to have improved hugely. The match against Federer in Brisbane was a prime example of this and I had a good feeling for him. This match showed that he still disintegrates when it gets to the majors, before the match has even been played. While he didn't have solid chances in the first set, it was because he didn't bother pushing Djokovic, or look to take the initiative.

Really hoping Stan goes after it on Friday. Djokovic won't make the slow start he did today, but he has a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash50)
    Yes, my prediction was Djokovic in 4 sets
    I think Stan the Man will beat Djokovic. I don't think Novak has been that great so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    I think Stan the Man will beat Djokovic. I don't think Novak has been that great so far.
    What are you smoking? Novak has been in terrific form throughout this tournament. I reckon he'll beat Wawrinka in straight sets.

ReputationRep:
    What are you smoking? Novak has been in terrific form throughout this tournament. I reckon he'll beat Wawrinka in straight sets.
    He has played well but hasn't really been tested. Novak will probably beat Stan but it won't be in straight sets.

ReputationRep:
    Murray loses the first set. Had opportunities to break Berdych again and prevent a TB and also had a set point during TB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Berdych wins the first set 7-6, but Murray 3-0 up in the second. This could be an interesting battle.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is on fire in this set.

ReputationRep:
    Been meaning to get into Tennis full time but never really bother until Murray is playing.

Anyway just spent fifteen minutes dicking around looking for a stream only to realise it's on BBC2.

Watching now.

ReputationRep:
    Bagel set - done and dusted. Murray could end this quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Andy just in total control now - he's found a nice rhythm, he's dictating play (battering the Berdych backhand before twisting the ball occasionally to his forehand).
    He just doesn't look like losing now

ReputationRep:
    Andy nearly home and dry. He's playing some amazing tennis right now. Even against Djokovic I think he's got a pretty good chance if he plays this well. His serve has improved from the 1st set which is key I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's been 2 years since I've seen Murray play like this.

ReputationRep:
    Murray wins! Through to the 2015 AO FINAL!

ReputationRep:
    Superb win for Murray. Best i've seen him play for quite some time.

ReputationRep:
    Oh great. Well definitely rooting for Stan now then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Oh great. Well definitely rooting for Stan now then.
    Only because people want to avoid seeing Murray-Djokovic final. It's amazing how they both turn into blockers when they face each other.

ReputationRep:
    Great win for Andy back to being a grand slam contender again and Mauresmo must feel vindicated now. However, I feel that Novak or Stan will have too much for him in the final

ReputationRep:
    Berdych ain't gonna beat Murray, mark my words. This is Murray's time.

ReputationRep:
    Murray back in the top 4 and a 4th Australian Open final. Hope he gets it this time round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Murray back in the top 4 and a 4th Australian Open final. Hope he gets it this time round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea same, he deserves it really! He's playing better than I've seen for a long while. Terrific form.

(Original post by lizzy95)
    Great win for Andy back to being a grand slam contender again and Mauresmo must feel vindicated now. However, I feel that Novak or Stan will have too much for him in the final
    Gonna be Novak, and gotta be 50/50. Novak is too good for Stan.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.