Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why everyone hates Arteta so much his first two seasons he was important for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Times have changed, he is not the same player anymore. We can't afford to have any passengers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Yes. Which is exactly what I said.

I said that as it stands, I wouldn't want Arteta starting in our midfield because he isn't competant enough to do so (considering Wenger plays him as a CDM, and has done so since he was bought).

He's 32, playing him as a CDM along side a box to box CDM means you won't get the best out of him. When Ramsey is further up and Arteta is left alone, what's he gonna do against a pacey counter? Nothing right?

I remember in the 12-13 season he made the most passes, something like 0.9 per minute in the whole season. And all of which had a ridiculously good success rate.. I think 92/93%?

Wenger plays him as a CDM and he's no good at it now, but a year or two ago he was our unsung hero - he would break attacks up like it's nothing

Yeah, he's not better than any of our players going forwards, and isn't good enough to be our starting CDM.. Which is why I wouldn't want us to rely on him all season
    i agree - i would personally love him to start for you since it creates great vulnerability on the counter (something we excel at)

his general passing is typically spanish; extremely frequent and extremely accurate.
    however when you're made to play as far back as he does, it isn't like he can slip through xavi-style passes to giroud.

you really need a tough, strong but quick defensive midfielder.
    kinda like yaya toure if he were defensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    A Pirlo-Esque revival?

I would love that, but I honestly don't see it happening.

He is a really good player. He's technically really good, has bags of experience, is intelligent and has leadership qualities. Only problem with him is that his age is catching up on his legs.. And that's where we're caught out.

Going forwards he's not so much of a problem. It's the defending that adds to our losses in the bigger games

Imagine though.. Imagine he does a mad one this season lol
    Oh dear mate. You've had a shocker here....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    😂😂😂😂😂

Butty is GOAT
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Per should've got the captaincy instead tbh.

Team predictions for today?

Szczesny
    Debuchy - Chambers - Kos - Gibbs
    Ramsey - Arteta
    Ox/Campbell - Rosicky - Sanchez
    Sanogo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micah Richards)
    ^ :rofl:
    Too funny man. SHOO makes me chuckle.

**** sake man you've had a shocker man.

ReputationRep:
    There will never be a man like Tony Adams again, a real Arsenal man from the cradle to the crave.

Hate that so much, ''Arsenal have no passion''. Well, Tone would sort you out in all things Ar-sen-al :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Arsene Wenger and Tony Adams are Arsenal.Both of them.

Any gooner at Highury was in tears when for Tone's first game back. Mr. Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Well before my time, but I've spoken to enough gooners who were there

ONE NILL DOWN, TWO ONE UP, THAT'S HOW ARSENAL WON THE CUP''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Arsene Wenger and Tony Adams are Arsenal.Both of them.

Any gooner at Highury was in tears when for Tone's first game back. Mr. Arsenal.
    Sol runs him close for just being an absolute Arsenal legend. Agent Sol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Sol runs him close for just being an absolute Arsenal legend. Agent Sol.

I remember the day he signed, and everybody accepted Sol as the turncoat he was. Very very humiliating for Spurs. But Sol was never an Arsenal man. We had a piece of scu, who would betray his club for Arsenal. Fine.No Arsenal fan genuinely liked him.

For me that Spurs era was still defined as:

''One nill down, two-one upm that's when Arsenal won the cup''

ReputationRep:
    I remember the day he signed, and everybody accepted Sol as the turncoat he was. Very very humiliating for Spurs. But Sol was never an Arsenal man. We had a piece of scu, who would betray his club for Arsenal. Fine.No Arsenal fan genuinely liked him.

''One nill down, two-one upm that's when Arsenal won the cup''
    Lol, I think it was more the fact that at the heart of our defence was an every-match living reminder of how we were trolling Spurs. Brilliant days. 12 years at Spuds, 255 appearances, and he ****s them off like that to help us win multiple cups. It's the stuff dreams are made of.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I think it was more the fact that at the heart of our defence was an every-match living reminder of how we were trolling Spurs. Brilliant days. 12 years at Spuds, 255 appearances, and he ****s them off like that to help us win multiple cups. It's the stuff dreams are made of.
    My dad knows, he was at that semi-final at White Hart Lane when they announced the arrangements for victory. ''1-0 up, 2-1 down, will be on his gravestone.

ReputationRep:
    My dad knows, he was at that semi-final at White Hart Lane when they announced the arrangements for victory. ''1-0 up, 2-1 down, will be on his gravestone.
    Lol it was before my time. My Dad talks about it sometimes with the Rocastle goal and everything. My earliest memories of Arsenal are from when I was 5 , Wenger's first season. So, I naturally feel an irrational (at times) loyalty towards the man. He's been there from that season when I first started going as a boy.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it was before my time. My Dad talks about it sometimes with the Rocastle goal and everything. My earliest memories of Arsenal are from when I was 5 , Wenger's first season. So, I naturally feel an irrational (at times) loyalty towards the man. He's been there from that season when I first started going as a boy.
    Tony Adams, Niall Quinn and Merse would find, delirium, absolutely delirium drinking round the Holloway Road

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...senal-boo-boys

Damn Nasri, damn

ReputationRep:
    Yaya will do a ting today I can feel it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Yaya will do a ting today I can feel it
    Toure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Toure?
    Sanogo fam! You mad

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.