Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilithSternin)
    You do realise the deadline to apply is 6pm today? Cambridge, Birmingham and Bristol don't require entrance exams.
    I will not be applying to Cambridge as I will not get in. B'ham require UKCAT I just found out! Bristol is on my list.

And I know! I have left it a little late but I am sure I can submit on time! Now onto that pesky personal statement...

Are there any other unis I can apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone in that last push - 2.5 hours to go!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woodpeckr)
    I will not be applying to Cambridge as I will not get in. B'ham require UKCAT I just found out! Bristol is on my list.

And I know! I have left it a little late but I am sure I can submit on time! Now onto that pesky personal statement...

Best of luck then! Don't forget that you need a reference all sorted to send it off. Hope you get sorted, all the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woodpeckr)

oxford, imperial. Both of them ar bmat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    Last year invitations went out on the 7th of November. Interviews were on the 25th/26th.
    do you know when they start sending interview invitations?

ReputationRep:
    Is that the time..? Best start my PS then...

ReputationRep:
    Finally sent off my ucas nothing left to do other than wait and hope for the best ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macarenafc92)
    do you know when they start sending interview invitations?
    No, I don't, but if they stick to the same sort of plan as last year then invites will go out on November 6th. Interviews are on the 24th/25th Nov and I presume people will get offers or rejections on December 1st. They only interview 70 for the 20 places, so it doesn't take long to make decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macarenafc92)
    oxford, imperial. Both of them ar bmat
    Bmat University are imperial ,Bristol, ucl,camberidge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAmalraj10)
    Bmat University are imperial ,Bristol, ucl,camberidge
    http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/med...ying/graduates

oxford is bmat as well.... but the don't take nurses so, not for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albert95)
    Finally sent off my ucas nothing left to do other than wait and hope for the best ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I remember you from biomedical sciences threads three years ago, how the time has flown! Where are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, just applied, has anyone created a page for a101 southampton applicants?

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Just signed up today (hence the very original username) to facilitate the obsessing and worrying that is likely to occur over the next few months...

I'm a pharmacology graduate (graduated in 2013 with a low 2:1), who has just applied for all graduate courses (because I, quite frankly, don't **** money) at KCL, Barts, Southampton (last minute change from Newcastle- possibly an error?) and Warwick. My UKCAT score was 3020, band 1.

Have I done this introduction thing right? Was it even necessary?

Anyway, best of luck to everyone! Look forward to seeing how we all get on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradMed1234)
    Hello!

Just signed up today (hence the very original username) to facilitate the obsessing and worrying that is likely to occur over the next few months...

I'm a pharmacology graduate (graduated in 2013 with a low 2:1), who has just applied for all graduate courses (because I, quite frankly, don't **** money) at KCL, Barts, Southampton (last minute change from Newcastle- possibly an error?) and Warwick. My UKCAT score was 3020, band 1.

Have I done this introduction thing right? Was it even necessary?

Anyway, best of luck to everyone! Look forward to seeing how we all get on...
    Hello, welcome to the thread! Congratulations on your very good UKCAT score!

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, what academics and experience do those of you who apply to Cambridge have? Given the absence of an admissions exam it is not so predictable who will be shortlisted for interviews (only 70 out of 400-500).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    Just curious, what academics and experience do those of you who apply to Cambridge have? Given the absence of an admissions exam it is not so predictable who will be shortlisted for interviews (only 70 out of 400-500).
    1st in Medical Science with Professional Training
    A*AAB (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology respectively) at A-level
    Work full-time as a HCA
    Spent 9 months as a paediatric research assistant
    Previously done ward volunteering and a little bit of experience in a pathology department.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    79% in my nursing degree.
    Spanis school grades equivalent to A*A*A for A levels
    1 year and a half of full time working experience as a nurse (2 and a half by the start of the course

ReputationRep:
    In last six months of a PhD in paediatric translational research at a children's hospital.
    1st in Genetics degree.
    AAA (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) at A-level.
    Few months in a paediatric histology department, observing dissections, shadowing in an interventional radiology department, MDTs etc.
    Few years volunteering with a hospital scout group.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I received an email from the administration team at Kings. They said that they aimed to hold interviews for the GEM course on the 8th and 11th January.
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    Have Kings said when their interview dates will be for 2016 entry?
    I've - optimistically! - got them in my diary for Soton, Warwick, and Cambridge, but can't find dates for KCL.

ReputationRep:
    Had a close call - just managed to fix my application in time. I emailed GKT to double check that a degree in engineering counted as a science, not really expecting the answer to be no so wasn't desperately refreshing my email for a reply. They got back to me this afternoon saying that unless it had more than 50% chemistry content it would not be eligible. Read the email about an hour ago and luckily UCAS didn't have lots of people applying at the last minute, so I managed to substitute that choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.