Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That was nothing like the past papers!! I was running out of time which is so unlike me and seeing all them graphs and tables and diagrams frustrated me tons
    Here's to hoping for low grade boundaries...

ReputationRep:
    They did this with AS this year aswell. F211 was weird contained stupid stuff like holes in babies heart and half was plants, F212 was more spec based, overall very good paper. F214 was not too nice, so hopefully F215 will follow the F212 trend

ReputationRep:
    Only glycolysis occurs, producing 2 net ATP
    No link, krebs and little oxidative phosphorylation
    - how many marks for just this ?

ReputationRep:
    51/60

ReputationRep:
    41/60 I think i'm going to cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubybio)
    can chloroplasts actually be positioned nearer to the surface in order to capture the light available for shaded leaves or do chloroplasts not move.??
    They don't move exactly but the cells will have a larger vacuole which pushes the chloroplasts right to the edge of the cell as the vacuole is taking up most of the space

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions for f215 yet?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a link to the unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaDalby97)
    They don't move exactly but the cells will have a larger vacuole which pushes the chloroplasts right to the edge of the cell as the vacuole is taking up most of the space
    so basically i probs didn't get that 1 marker about chloroplast adaptation (

ReputationRep:
    Do we have an equivalent of this thread for F215? Link if anyone knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebc)
    41/60 I think i'm going to cry
    probably still an a

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me where the unofficial markscheme is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star Light)
    Do we have an equivalent of this thread for F215? Link if anyone knows?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post56725349

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I should've expected massive gaps of content in this exam with OCR, last year i remember there being absolutely nothing about the heart in the whole exam, so maybe this year they just decided not to include the liver either!

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me the answer to the electron transport chain? and why its cannot be 3 of them?

ReputationRep:
    i put that the leaf adaptation was less tomato on their underside since leaves in the sunlight would have more stomata - going by what it says on the internet, this looks to be correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubybio)
    can chloroplasts actually be positioned nearer to the surface in order to capture the light available for shaded leaves or do chloroplasts not move.??
    You could look it up, my guess is that the cytoskeleton can move it but I don't think this makes a difference tot the amount of light received (or very little) again not 100% sure, maybe look it up or ask a biologist in a thread.

ReputationRep:
    For the question on mitochondria were you meant to use the letters or give the actual names?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay so that mark scheme has made me feel a little better as well as worse, how can I be stupid enough to mess up the damn mitochondria quesiton! Ran out of time to go and correct it, 3 easy marks wiped out which could mean a whole grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p208134)
    This all seems incredibly correct my mind blanked on the blood Q though -.- anywho i think with the sweating one I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they'll want the use of the word negative feedback in the answer
    Also for the alcohol i said it stops fats from turning into glucose via gluconeogensis, and this process produces more heat than drinking alcohol and would cause the hypothermia to become worse.. do you think thats a valid answer...Anyway thank you for this its amazing
    I'm not too sure since they mentioned vasodilation in the question, I think they wanted you to talk about that, but its up to the examiners to decide!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.