Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If you have time to sleep this close to a dissertation deadline you're doing something wrong!

Finally submitting it and getting it bound is the best feeling ever though. Better than seeing your team win the league.
    I don't think Luke has experienced that feeling..

Yeah, I went there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Better than seeing your team win the league.
    I was actually thinking about this earlier. How, in football, Man Utd fans, Arsenal fans, City, Chelsea know a joy I've never experienced in football: Winning the League. But also you'll never know a pain I've experienced in football: Relegation.

Whilst it's arguably fair to say Relegation is the worst pain in football (aside from complete liquidation), what would people say is the greatest joy in football? Premier League or Champions League?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I was actually thinking about this earlier. How, in football, Man Utd fans, Arsenal fans, City, Chelsea know a joy I've never experienced in football: Winning the League. But also you'll never know a pain I've experienced in football: Relegation.

Whilst it's arguably fair to say Relegation is the worst pain in football (aside from complete liquidation), what would people say is the greatest joy in football? Premier League or Champions League?
    Champions league without a doubt. Anybody who thinks otherwise hasn't watched their team win the CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Wish we signed Suarez
    Bitey boy needed a fresh start away from the PL :yy:

(Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Spurs were always irrelevant and only an idiot would've said otherwise.
    'idiot' meaning the media then in this instance.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    x
    Perfect line-up to me, although I would consider sticking Akpom in for Giroud.

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Have I missed something in regards to Gibbs? :lolwut: everyone seems to be slating him these days.
    He was awful against Monaco, and people on here are unable to look more than 1 game into the past before they make decisions.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    can't describe how it would feel as a liverpool supporter
    You might be experiencing that right now if not for Slippy G or the 3-3.

Do Arsenal really have the funds to compete for titles? To me it seems like there is this 'elite tier' of teams that are just a notch above financially.
    They have the funds and the players, just not the medical team or the mentality.

ReputationRep:
    I was actually thinking about this earlier. How, in football, Man Utd fans, Arsenal fans, City, Chelsea know a joy I've never experienced in football: Winning the League. But also you'll never know a pain I've experienced in football: Relegation. Whilst it's arguably fair to say Relegation is the worst pain in football (aside from complete liquidation), what would people say is the greatest joy in football? Premier League or Champions League?
    Champions League by far.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Do Arsenal really have the funds to compete for titles? To me it seems like there is this 'elite tier' of teams that are just a notch above financially.
    We're pretty much untouchable in terms of turnover but Arsenal are only slightly behind Chelsea/City, and Arsenal have a much bigger fanbase, stadium and global appeal than those two. I think they need to get rid of Wenger before there is any real change though. All he can do is what Sir Alex should have done - clear out the dross and leave a proper squad for his successor.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    i don't think i'd go quite that far.
    you're a united fan and you've seen in recently
    can't describe how it would feel as a liverpool supporter
    It's a damn good feeling though. When it happens you'll know what I mean

(Referring to the dissertation hand in, but I suppose you can apply it to the Premier League too)

(Original post by jam277)
    Champions league without a doubt. Anybody who thinks otherwise hasn't watched their team win the CL.
    This. Moyeseh being sacked is a close second.

I was hiding behind the sofa in 2008. ****ing hate penalties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Have I missed something in regards to Gibbs? :lolwut: everyone seems to be slating him these days.
    I don't think he's been awful, but he has been distinctly average imo, Monreal has actually been a rock this year.

It's sort of like me saying I'd start Costa over Remy, I don't dislike Remy, he's just not as good as Costa and that's how I feel with Gibbs and Monreal (although I have been a bit of a Monreal fanboy since I watched the Basiktas game at the Emirates and was in awe at his stunning ability to mark a player making a run whilst jockey another player on the ball at the same time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    I don't think Luke has experienced that feeling..

Yeah, I went there
    mate that was just too far :/
    at least we've won the Champions League though; makes me feel a little bit better, but it's still painful to have seen your team get so close to the title on two different occasions

there is no greater feeling than seeing your team become the champions of europe (essentially the best team on the planet).
    especially if you do it liverpool-style

obviously arsenal fans wouldn't know about that though

(Original post by sr90)
    It's a damn good feeling though. When it happens you'll know what I mean

(Referring to the dissertation hand in, but I suppose you can apply it to the Premier League too)
    oh definitely; once that's handed in, all i have to focus on is my exams.
    no other bits of coursework or assignments, it's just basically 2 months of preperation.
    dissertations are due in pretty early in my course - deadline is on the 13th

ReputationRep:

None of those it's winning the World Cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Obviously talking about club football considering I mentioned relegation.

Besides, I'd rather see Leeds win the Champions League than England win the World Cup (both are as likely as the other)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by al_94)
    I don't think i'd be that bothered if England won the World Cup tbh. Don't get me wrong its fun to watch England at a major tournament but I never really cared when they got knocked out, whereas if United lose or play badly i'm in a foul mood for the rest of the day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    This. Moyeseh being sacked is a close second.

I was hiding behind the sofa in 2008. ****ing hate penalties.
    just out of interest, how would you compare LVG to Moyes?
    personally i think DM was extremely hard done by and was seriously scapegoated.
    the manager after him may be in a higher position, but performances aren't any better.
    not to mention how he spend a few hundred million AND didn't have european distraction this season.

chelsea vs united shoot-out....i was gutted.
    when terry slipped i almost felt like i'd lost the CL too.
    that is the single luckiest event in manchester united history -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I don't think i'd be that bothered if England won the World Cup tbh. Don't get me wrong its fun to watch England at a major tournament but I never really cared when they got knocked out, whereas if United lose or play badly i'm in a foul mood for the rest of the day!
    If England won the World Cup after 50+ years of failure the country would go mad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    If England won the World Cup after 50+ years of failure the country would go mad!
    i'm bored with england to be frank.
    used to love them and be proper gutted when we lost, but i just gave up in the end.

if liverpool winning the title next season meant england would never win an international trophy ever again, i'd take that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    just out of interest, how would you compare LVG to Moyes?
    personally i think DM was extremely hard done by and was seriously scapegoated.
    the manager after him may be in a higher position, but performances aren't any better.
    not to mention how he spend a few hundred million AND didn't have european distraction this season.

chelsea vs united shoot-out....i was gutted.
    when terry slipped i almost felt like i'd lost the CL too.
    that is the single luckiest event in manchester united history -_-
    The players he's signed have been fine (apart from Falcrap which wasn't his signing anyway) there was just too much to fix in one transfer window. Go look at our squad from last season and the vast majority of them no longer play for us, you won't find another 'top' team that has had such a high player turnover. We STILL need another 5 players this summer.

It's disgraceful that we don't have a settled XI or even a preferred formation in March though. Much like Moyes we have no idea what the plan is or how he wants us to play, and some of his team selections are shocking. We've played 18 different CB partnerships this season which is a ****ing disgrace, compare this to Chelsea who have played 2.

Van Gaal has the support of the players though. It was obvious that Moyeseh lost the dressing room after a few months. Despite playing awfully we're at least coming back to draw/win games this season as well which never happened under Moyes.

In short he's doing a better job but it's still not good enough.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    look at it this way; would you rather be at home to everton or city? -_-
    everton may have gone through easily in europe (against awful opponents) but they're utter garbage in the league.
    you'll thrash them (although i kinda hope you dont...)

you're telling me!
    pretty sure they up their game against us a little bit more than against you
    bloody jagielka....
    That Jagielka goal has to come down as one of the best derby goals ever. I'll never forget that lol, literally the last kick of the match. He literally went "**** it why not" and blasted in a beauty. Sorry..am..am I bringing back memories or?

Urgh cheers for the encouragement lol, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if the Emirates was half empty tbh. But that's why I love our fans tbh, always a packed place even in times of trouble.

(Original post by Arkasia)
    Champions League by far.
    Don't make them wum on the obvious :ninja:

(Original post by leinad2012)
    I don't think he's been awful, but he has been distinctly average imo, Monreal has actually been a rock this year.

It's sort of like me saying I'd start Costa over Remy, I don't dislike Remy, he's just not as good as Costa and that's how I feel with Gibbs and Monreal (although I have been a bit of a Monreal fanboy since I watched the Basiktas game at the Emirates and was in awe at his stunning ability to mark a player making a run whilst jockey another player on the ball at the same time)
    Clearly I didn't pay enough attention to him that game then. He was so so so solid before Monreal was a regular. Not too sure what's going on with him tbh.

I also will continue to bestow myself with pride at the fact that I had Monreal's back from day uno and got slated. Boom :cool:
    I've noticed he's less scrawny as well, gym sessions have clearly helped the phsyicality department there.

(Original post by al_94)
    England bore me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    mate that was just too far :/
    at least we've won the Champions League though; makes me feel a little bit better, but it's still painful to have seen your team get so close to the title on two different occasions
    I know what getting close feels like, think the pain of gooners in 2006, when we should have won the CL

It's the Henry miss that still pains me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i'm bored with england to be frank.
    used to love them and be proper gutted when we lost, but i just gave up in the end.

if liverpool winning the title next season meant england would never win an international trophy ever again, i'd take that.
    You Liverpool fans are desperate but then again you haven't won the league in 25 years :hahaha::lfc:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I was really close to winning the £480 Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425172489.108604.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  225.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Apparently I was really close to winning the £480 Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425172489.108604.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  225.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't betting haram?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.