The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clarkey00
What would you put for the 'what does correlational research also tell you?' I put that you can see how many people for statistics, is this right?

I wrote that graphs can be formed from in therefore the data can be easily interpreted lol
Classical Conditioning linked to Phobias
Operant Conditioning if you want as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eleanor303
Agreed! I preferred this one to Unit 1
Me too! Probably because this one was more theory
Original post by blaze9990
Zach needed his lucky socks. Luck is what people with ILC believe. Tom is just a sideman

luck is what people with external locus of control believe, not internal. internal is making your own decisions, external is when you are influenced by outside factors such as fate and luck.
Original post by Wallicimo
On the evaluation of psychoanalysis, I said that Freuds theories are unfalsifiable and therefore may contain errors therefore psychoanalysis would've had this too as it was based on Freuds theories and said it was subjective due to the therapist interpreting things himself... Is this correct?

Potentially is correct depending how you worded it, but I would generally say speaking about Freud's evidence of Little Hans is an evaluative point for the psychodynamic approach rather than treatment. I reckon the therapist interpreting things different is a viable point, however I have not seen this on mark schemes before.
Original post by Mo_Jo.
What do you talk about in behavioural

classical conditioning via association
operant conditioning via reinforcement
and social learning via observation and imitation

:smile:
Why was this sock thing bloody so confusing!!! Who had internal who had external someome please say
Should have just went to specsavers....
Original post by Mo_Jo.
Why was this sock thing bloody so confusing!!! Who had internal who had external someome please say

Guy with the sock was external
Other guy was internal
Did anyone write about Bandura's ARRM for social learning theory? (Attention, retention, reproduction and motivation) also for classical conditioning I talked about Pavlov's dogs and for operant I talked about little Albert? :smile:
I have a copy of the exam paper; here's the mark breakdown.

Correct scattergram (1)
What do they show other than relationship? (1)
One strength of correlations in stress research (2)
One weakness of correlations in stress research (2)
Outline findings from research into daily hassles (4)
Identify personality type (1)
Identify personality type (1)
Who is more likely to suffer negative effects of stress? Refer to psychological research (4)
Explain why Janet might be feeling stressed; refer to psychological research (4)
Outline one psychological method of stress management (4)

Why is failing to gain informed consent an ethical issue? (2)
Explain one or more ways in which psychologists attempt to overcome ethical issues (4)
Explain one difference between conformity and obedience (2)
Explain what is meant by 'normative social influence (3)
Explain what is meant by 'informational social influence (3)
Which boy demonstrates internal locus of control? (1)
Which boy demonstrates external locus of control? (1)
Which boy is more likely to resist the pressure to conform? Use knowledge of psychology to explain choice (4)
Explain how social influence research helps us to understand social change (4)

One limitation of 'deviation from ideal mental health' definition of abnormality (2)
Outline behavioural approach (6)
Evaluate psychoanalysis as a method for treating abnormality (4)
Discuss one or more biological therapies for treating abnormality (12)
High grade boundaries tbh
Reply 2932
for everyone saying you couldn't write about BZs and BBs on the 12 marker you could! ideal mental health included resistance to stress, so those drugs do link to abnormality- but would be better to mention antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs too! x
Original post by Mo_Jo.

the person with the sock had external locus of control, because his decisions were influenced by external factors such as fate and luck etc. The other boy who said they had worked hard and they can do it, was internal. You did not have to say about the third boy.
:smile:
Good exam overall I think!
Few silly mistakes but yeah x
A lot of questions were from old PPs such as evaluate psychoanalysis but yeah I hope you all did well

People on Twitter are saying they found it a distaster!
I wrote about BZs and BBs for biological therapy but they should be right as anxiety is abnormality... Right? I also wrote about antidepressants and biofeedback.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the 12 marker.. How important is spelling? I think I spelt benzodiazepines wrong 😂😭 I feel like an idiot haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Porcupayne
On the 12 marker.. How important is spelling? I think I spelt benzodiazepines wrong 😂😭 I feel like an idiot haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote BZs😭😂
Original post by кяя
I wrote about BZs and BBs for biological therapy but they should be right as anxiety is abnormality... Right? I also wrote about antidepressants and biofeedback.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wrote about literally everything; BZ's and BB's included because yes, they treat anxiety, so youll be fine :smile:
i put b but loads of people put c?
Original post by Midnight1811
There was a tick box at the bottom.. dw it was only a mark. I put B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply