Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    Use the internet for fun, not conflict.

Can you please take your own advice?

ReputationRep:
    Quite clearly the context is Wenger openly saying in the media reasons why Cesc shouldn't go to Barcelona for one, which then creates a public image of the type of players who go to Barcelona from PL and create some doubt in Cescs mind. He doesn't want to lose his best player so he's going to say something like that so he can get pressure from the English media to convince Cesc to stay. Wenger clearly had an agenda in that comment.

Furthermore, Wenger said that because it was clearly true that most matches in La Liga are not competitive between Real/Barcelona and every other team in the league at the time(2010-13 anyway), however they are competitive in a different manner. Real and Barcelona knew realistically that the only way to confirm a league title win is to get close to 100 points. So every match counted. It's clearly competitive in that sense, because 3 games without a win could realistically end Real or Barcelona's title chances(e.g. Real in 2012-13) where in PL you are still with a chance to win the title as long as you hit 80+ and confirmed to win the title if you get 90 points(2009 was last title winning team to get 90 points).

ReputationRep:
    I just realised Arsenal haven't scored a goal against Mourinho's Chelsea in his 2nd spell.

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to next season's intricate football with good squad depth tbh if we sign another DM and ST.

ReputationRep:
    If this is true Gervinho you are an aboslute ****-head.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-10355221.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Speaking of presence, when I play 5 a side in goal I'm probably the biggest definition of a presence keeper. Mid game you have the opposition saying I'm unbeatable, or get called a cat when all I do is literally position myself. :rofl:
    Yeah you're the fat guy that gets put in goal and takes up 80% of it so seems good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Yeah you're the fat guy that gets put in goal and takes up 80% of it so seems good
    Man only lets in goals when he turns around to chat with his mates who are watching the game.

ReputationRep:
    Carvalho just cost Portugal the U21 European Championship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    He's the guy who's called up when Bob, his mate and his 86 year old grandad are unavailable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Was also probably the best player at the tournament arguably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Bit harsh. Its not like he gave away a decisive pen or got sent off.

Has been mighty for them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've watched some of the Portugal games to see Ilori, Carvalho is a real standout. Head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Was also probably the best player at the tournament arguably
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Bit harsh. Its not like he gave away a decisive pen or got sent off.

Has been mighty for them anyway.
    True he's been fantastic, but that doesn't change the fact he missed a crucial penalty. I expect to see more from him in the future though, he's very rough around the edges but has all the attributes necessary to thrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Rofl!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Portuguese tactics didn't really help. Has it been confirmed whether Olivera was injured or just a tactical sub, Portuguese were in the ascendency at the time and was a weird change, Sweden were better from about 75 minutes on though.

ReputationRep:
    Portuguese tactics didn't really help. Has it been confirmed whether Olivera was injured or just a tactical sub, Portuguese were in the ascendency at the time and was a weird change, Sweden were better from about 75 minutes on though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    Use the internet for fun, not conflict.

Can you please take your own advice?
    I do, hence why my responses haven't invoked anger, as that would be illogical. Why pretend otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    Goodbye, Diaby.

ReputationRep:
    Seen more Arsenal fans thanking him for kicking John Terry in the head than what he did for them when he was fit. Classy fanbase.

ReputationRep:
    Shed taking tongue in cheek comments seriously.....

Kicking racism out of football and all that

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.