The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Evil Genius
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When is the clown in charge getting sacked? Surely it can't be that long now.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Evil Genius)
When is the clown in charge getting sacked? Surely it can't be that long now.
End of the season
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
L'Equipe are claiming that Guardiola has met with Man Utd directors; https://twitter.com/lequipedusoir/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mo De Lemone)
L'Equipe are claiming that Guardiola has met with Man Utd directors; https://twitter.com/lequipedusoir/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
A French paper having inside knowledge of a Spanish manager of a German club moving to England? I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
A French paper having inside knowledge of a Spanish manager of a German club moving to England? I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well the report says they met in a Paris hotel so it's entirely feasible that a French journalist could obtain a story, didn't realise journalism was restricted to national boundaries..

If it's true then it's a positive United are at least putting some feelers outs to Pep - no harm done if he told them he's off elsewhere or that he'll consider it.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also, how on earth did the BBC manage to get Kevin Hart and Ice Cube to do the Premier League predictions against blimming Mark Lawrenson? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
Also, how on earth did the BBC manage to get Kevin Hart and Ice Cube to do the Premier League predictions against blimming Mark Lawrenson? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're over here promoting their movie.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
#Mercy
mmm778899
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I'd take that tbh. It'll be a resignation or mutual consent before Mourinho comes in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey mate, over xmas did you ever find those things at your parents' house?
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
strong stalker
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Sooner or later you'll come strong really.
I think the problem is two fold. You can get away with having poor player recruitment or poor management, but rarely both at the same time. We had, pretty much since 09 poor player recruitment for a club of our ambitions, either not good enough signings or short term options. When SAF retired we lost the management side of things, and the recruitment failings were laid bare. Although we're not quite back there yet, recruitment has clearly improved. Retained DDG, Shaw, Darmian, then options like Mata, Depay, Martial and even Di Maria, are all moves in the right direction. I think we're in quite a strange position of having a lot of potential but because of the debt we were never able to capitalise on SAF's brilliance and establish a Bayern type hegemony (that and the PL oil money). Now we've got a lesser manager, a pretty average team, and more money than we can efficiently spend.

Not a big fan of Jose, but I think so long as he's seen as a short term appointment, and Woodward ensures he isn't allowed to dictate transfer policy he could be a good option. We really just need a bit of short term success, and get the team built, then I think we can play managerial circus if need be without the consequences we'd currently face.

Think Valdes leaving was for the best, shame the way it worked out in the end. Ruthless from LVG but Valdes was ultimately in the wrong. Sad it got so dragged out though. Classy from him as he leaves though.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35...linkname=sport
StrangerthanEleven
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
See you.. raise you

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5137802

Posted from TSR Mobile
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That rumour was shut down awfully quickly Something must be up, normally we make no comments
StrangerthanEleven
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
That rumour was shut down awfully quickly Something must be up, normally we make no comments
Will remain 90% certain Pep is off to City until the day he announces where he's going.. but to make comments to the BBC etc.. over twitter rumours.. is just plain weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
Will remain 90% certain Pep is off to City until the day he announces where he's going.. but to make comments to the BBC etc.. over twitter rumours.. is just plain weird.
Either way it makes sense for us to deny, whether he's going to City, not sure, or no idea, signed for us. A state of public ambiguity benefits us in all circumstances and all outcomes.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
I think the problem is two fold. You can get away with having poor player recruitment or poor management, but rarely both at the same time. We had, pretty much since 09 poor player recruitment for a club of our ambitions, either not good enough signings or short term options. When SAF retired we lost the management side of things, and the recruitment failings were laid bare. Although we're not quite back there yet, recruitment has clearly improved. Retained DDG, Shaw, Darmian, then options like Mata, Depay, Martial and even Di Maria, are all moves in the right direction. I think we're in quite a strange position of having a lot of potential but because of the debt we were never able to capitalise on SAF's brilliance and establish a Bayern type hegemony (that and the PL oil money). Now we've got a lesser manager, a pretty average team, and more money than we can efficiently spend.

Not a big fan of Jose, but I think so long as he's seen as a short term appointment, and Woodward ensures he isn't allowed to dictate transfer policy he could be a good option. We really just need a bit of short term success, and get the team built, then I think we can play managerial circus if need be without the consequences we'd currently face.

Think Valdes leaving was for the best, shame the way it worked out in the end. Ruthless from LVG but Valdes was ultimately in the wrong. Sad it got so dragged out though. Classy from him as he leaves though.
That's the thing though. It's clear that United are building a very strong team for the future from the signings that have been made. You're not in a position where the team are unable to sustain the level of spending and not invest in the team.

The thing is with José he'll ultimately want control of the team, so really you're going to end up with that struggle. It's not so easy giving this guy a 2 year contract then not renewing it. Saying that I doubt you'll get a situation as bad as Chelsea this season. I do think it's only a matter of time, you get yourself a good manager who can get the most out of the players(as well as develop other players) and with your reservoirs of money there is a title challenging team there.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
I trust Hayley 110%. Guys listen to Hayley.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Queen of the United thread atop her throne displaying her ITK powers amirite
StrangerthanEleven
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
I trust Hayley 110%. Guy's listen to Hayley.
cheers for that...

I know feck all. You hear things but so many people get it wrong. Just think there's no chance LVG will be in charge next season. Whether Mourinho, Pep, Pochettino come in.. who knows. Will be gobsmacked if he stays or if it's Giggs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.71%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
8.03%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.73%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.28%
No unconditional offers (187)
68.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise