Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeJBB)
    Congrats Sheffield (the city) is amazing
    I have yet to visit, I have just heard loads of good things about it and know its really highly ranked for biological sciences do you live there? it sounds fab definitely

ReputationRep:
    just got an offer from queen mary to study chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkFlamingo19)
    I have yet to visit, I have just heard loads of good things about it and know its really highly ranked for biological sciences do you live there? it sounds fab definitely
    Yep I do indeed wahey it's cheap (60p drinks some nights), the greenest city, lowest rate of violent crime for any city, 4th biggest but has been christened 'the biggest village in Britain' because it's so friendly...

J

ReputationRep:
    well i applied on the 7th of dec..........got unconditional offers from glasgow and dundee ....lol......still have not heard from the others.....:p: ...applied for psychology and economics.....good luck everyone :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yep I do indeed wahey it's cheap (60p drinks some nights), the greenest city, lowest rate of violent crime for any city, 4th biggest but has been christened 'the biggest village in Britain' because it's so friendly...

J
    oooh sounds really good! do you know anything about the uni? what you think of buildings of it etc?!

ReputationRep:
    Got an AAB offer for BA geography at Exeter the other day...

I would be happy but I have kind of gone of the place since when I first visited it...

ReputationRep:
    I havent got an offer yet, goddamn it! This means I won't get it until the beginning of January, right? Of course they have started their holiday for the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkFlamingo19)
    oooh sounds really good! do you know anything about the uni? what you think of buildings of it etc?!
    Yeah, not sure if your offer's for sheff or sheff hallam, but:

sheffield: nice old buildings, the SU and main uni building is really near west street, which is great for bars, unusual shops etc. (and prostitutes, although that's not so great). SU club has two really good nights, tuesday club and fuzz club (probs got more but those are the only ones I go to as a non-student)

sheff hallam: nice modern buldings. Two main campuses are collegiate, which is in a great, really safe, studenty and middle class suburb (I live near there actually), S11. It's also on eccy road which is good for cafes, bars etc. and leads all the way into town (not that far), and is served by very frequent (every 5 mins) and cheap (50p for students) buses. The other is bang in the city centre

Overall, there's a really nice and friendly studenty atmosphere, and sheffielders and students get on and mingle really well

J

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, not sure if your offer's for sheff or sheff hallam, but:

sheffield: nice old buildings, the SU and main uni building is really near west street, which is great for bars, unusual shops etc. (and prostitutes, although that's not so great). SU club has two really good nights, tuesday club and fuzz club (probs got more but those are the only ones I go to as a non-student)

sheff hallam: nice modern buldings. Two main campuses are collegiate, which is in a great, really safe, studenty and middle class suburb (I live near there actually), S11. It's also on eccy road which is good for cafes, bars etc. and leads all the way into town (not that far), and is served by very frequent (every 5 mins) and cheap (50p for students) buses. The other is bang in the city centre

Overall, there's a really nice and friendly studenty atmosphere, and sheffielders and students get on and mingle really well

J
    Iv been offered a place at sheffield (as in not sheffield hallam, i mean the uni of sheff) and the pictures always show lush buildings and general leafy nice looking places! and it sounds nice and friendly which is good, as for the nightlife..no complaints on the sound of that! Thankyou for your wise words

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer from bristol that im over the moon about

however i am doing 3 A2s and an AS this year, and already have an AS, but the offer i got was AB. what about the third A level and my AS? do they not care what i get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple Elephant)
    i got an offer from bristol that im over the moon about

however i am doing 3 A2s and an AS this year, and already have an AS, but the offer i got was AB. what about the third A level and my AS? do they not care what i get?
    no as long as u get an A overall in one A2 and at least a B overall in another A2 then thats fine.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Durham to do Law - AAA.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ nice

ReputationRep:
    Got my first offer from Southampton DDM for Biomedical Sciences with a foundation year.

I'm so happy

ReputationRep:
    conditional from portsmouth so far, 240 points (MMM btec nat diploma..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyw1989)
    conditional from portsmouth so far, 240 points (MMM btec nat diploma..)

Your first offer!!! Congrats!!

That first offer feeling is awesome!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Finally an offer from Surrey for Psychology -ABB : ) : )

ReputationRep:
    Got my first offer on Friday for Glasgow uni, English Lit and History! Now I'm just even more impatient to hear from the others...

ReputationRep:
    These are all for Mechanical Engineering

Loughborough - OFFER! - AAB
    Nottingham - OFFER! - AAB
    Bristol - Nothing yet..
    Cardiff - OFFER! - ABB
    Manchester - OFFER! - AAB

I'm so happy right now, I'm not bothered about what Bristol give me! The even better news is most of the offers have also mentioned that if I don't get the grades, I automatically get considered for the BEng course instead of the MEng course, with plenty of opportunities at university to move back up to MEng if I achieve targets. Which is quite good considering if I don't get AAB, I would be screwed because most of the universities offered that!

Congratulations to everyone else who has got the offers they wanted

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from Portsmouth conditional BBC =D :yep:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.