Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2012-2013) Watch

This discussion is closed.
kishihime
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ndella)
Abe Books is really good, I had to buy about 4 books for my English Literature class and their books are about at least £3 or £4 off depending on what you buy considering I bought some novels and they are much cheaper second hand abebooks.com
Yeah, I checked them too. They didn't have Chemistry or Biology at a decent price (about the same as a brand new one from Amazon). They do have Edexcel Maths S1 for cheap but none that has pictures, and if eBay has taught me anything - always ask for pictures. Is there any way to contact the seller?

On a different note, how is everyone organising their notes? I'm thinking to either get a notepad for each of my subjects or have a refill pad to make notes on in class and put them in ring binders (1 for each subject) + dividers/plastic wallets. Any other ideas?
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kishihime)
Yeah, I checked them too. They didn't have Chemistry or Biology at a decent price (about the same as a brand new one from Amazon). They do have Edexcel Maths S1 for cheap but none that has pictures, and if eBay has taught me anything - always ask for pictures. Is there any way to contact the seller?

On a different note, how is everyone organising their notes? I'm thinking to either get a notepad for each of my subjects or have a refill pad to make notes on in class and put them in ring binders (1 for each subject) + dividers/plastic wallets. Any other ideas?
Okay this is how I've organised my notes for the past 2 years (and this year)

project book with different sections for each subject
separate notepad for revision notes
standard "day folder" for notes/ sheets in plastic wallets for the week
standard folders for each moule
and a ring binder for each subject (to transfer notes to end of the module)

User995789
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post39505975

can you help me here and post there thanks!
kishihime
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
Okay this is how I've organised my notes for the past 2 years (and this year)

project book with different sections for each subject
separate notepad for revision notes
standard "day folder" for notes/ sheets in plastic wallets for the week
standard folders for each moule
and a ring binder for each subject (to transfer notes to end of the module)

Wow, that's a great idea! I didn't even think about a project book, now I wouldn't need to carry lots and lots of loose paper.
Olympiad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Any of you did Ancient Greek GCSE? - If so could you PM me, (I just have a few questions)
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow, that's a great idea! I didn't even think about a project book, now I wouldn't need to carry lots and lots of loose paper.
it's okay it makes organising things a lot easier
User995789
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How do I do 2x^2-5x ???

is it 2(x^2-5x)
= 2(x-2.5)^2- 6.25
=2(x-2.5)^2 -12.5

the book answer is

2(x-5/4)^2-25/8
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Blueray2)
How do I do 2x^2-5x ???

is it 2(x^2-5x)
= 2(x-2.5)^2- 6.25
=2(x-2.5)^2 -12.5

the book answer is

2(x-5/4)^2-25/8

2x^2 - 5

2(x^2 - 5/2x)

2[(x-5/4]^2 - 25/16]

2(x-5/4)^2 - 25/8
User995789
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
2x^2 - 5

2(x^2 - 5/2x)

2[(x-5/4]^2 - 25/16]

2(x-5/4)^2 - 25/8
Thats not the original q???
Solivagant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ugh. First day of sixth form today. Double further maths in the afternoon and the teacher was awful Kept telling us anecdotes every couple of minutes which was really disruptive to the work. ****er.
lbsf1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CJG21)
Ugh. First day of sixth form today. Double further maths in the afternoon and the teacher was awful Kept telling us anecdotes every couple of minutes which was really disruptive to the work. ****er.
Kinda the same here. Just looked at my computing homework and the question is the difference between disk and ram cache, after he spent the whole lesson saying that they were basicly the same.
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
First psych lesson tomorrow with the legend that is Geoff Rolls :cool:
kishihime
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
it's okay it makes organising things a lot easier
Hopefully I'll be able to buy everything within the week (+ my books) so I can get everything organised early.

I have Physics then Maths then Chemistry tomorrow. I'm going to buy chocolate in the morning just to survive the day. I've met pretty much all my teachers, it's going to be my first Physics lesson but the teacher is my tutor, at least he knows my name. :cool:
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hopefully I'll be able to buy everything within the week (+ my books) so I can get everything organised early.

I have Physics then Maths then Chemistry tomorrow. I'm going to buy chocolate in the morning just to survive the day. I've met pretty much all my teachers, it's going to be my first Physics lesson but the teacher is my tutor, at least he knows my name. :cool:
Sounds good

I have a free, biology then psych then a free tutor (lunch- anatomy and physiology class :woo:) then chemistry :woo:
I have one of the head examiners as my psychology teachers and I have the HOS for all my subjects :cool:
FrescoDiMorte
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:woo:

How are you finding it so far? (I literally had my first lesson today- a double :cool: just going over the course and doing some balanced equations)
I had my second lesson today, the first one was just watching some safety videos and today was just re-capping on Relative and molecular atomic mass at GCSE level. But looking at the textbook the content looks ok, mostly what we covered at GCSE but it's based more on application rather than re-calling facts. But it's been quite enjoyable so far, how are you finding it so far ?
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FrescoDiMorte)
I had my second lesson today, the first one was just watching some safety videos and today was just re-capping on Relative and molecular atomic mass at GCSE level. But looking at the textbook the content looks ok, mostly what we covered at GCSE but it's based more on application rather than re-calling facts. But it's been quite enjoyable so far, how are you finding it so far ?
Ooh awesome! We're going over moles tomorrow + summer work then we have a copper iodide pratical friday :woo:

I'm really enjoying it! we're just doing the basics before getting into the hardcore things though I seem to have improved a lot at it over the years :lol:
FrescoDiMorte
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ooh awesome! We're going over moles tomorrow + summer work then we have a copper iodide pratical friday :woo:

I'm really enjoying it! we're just doing the basics before getting into the hardcore things though I seem to have improved a lot at it over the years :lol:
Oh lucky you all of my subject lessons have been pretty slow mainly just recapping
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FrescoDiMorte)
Oh lucky you all of my subject lessons have been pretty slow mainly just recapping
I have A2 lessons (biology) but we had a test the first day back :erm: so we're getting that mark back tomorrow then we're continuing with the stages of respiration :love:

Chem I mentioned before. . .

I'll update once I've done psych
Solivagant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lbsf1)
Kinda the same here. Just looked at my computing homework and the question is the difference between disk and ram cache, after he spent the whole lesson saying that they were basicly the same.
:facepalm2:
kishihime
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sounds good

I have a free, biology then psych then a free tutor (lunch- anatomy and physiology class :woo:) then chemistry :woo:
I have one of the head examiners as my psychology teachers and I have the HOS for all my subjects :cool:
Haha, lucky! I have 2 teachers for everything apart from Physics I think. My main Bio and Chem teacher is the Co-ordinator of Science so I assume he's pretty good. I'm meeting my main Maths teacher tomorrow :dance:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No (215)
73.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed