Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_95)
    just got an open day invitation for the L101 course at UCL!! So happy!!
    Congrats!! May I ask if ur an international or uk applicant? And wt's ur A level grades and predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monstercable)
    Congratulations! What's your first choice? I'm possibly going to firm Bath or Bristol (if I get an offer from Bristol that is)
    I'm still deciding between Durham, Bath and Bristol. Each has its perks you know. Still got a bit of time to decide though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelondonlife)
    Congrats!! May I ask if ur an international or uk applicant? And wt's ur A level grades and predictions?
    Thank you! I'm a UK student, and my predictions are A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_95)
    just got an open day invitation for the L101 course at UCL!! So happy!!
    Congrats man do you by any chance know how places are available at Columbia University for the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an open day for the L100 course to UCL? I'm still waiting and I've sent mine on the 15th November.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off on the 15th of October and still haven't heard anything, apart from them requesting module grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamessmith14)
    Hello, got on invitation to UCL open day for L101, just wondering is this a guarantee of an offer or does it depend whether you stand out on the open day. also should a suit be worn?

I'm sure it guarantees you an offer as long as you attend. No suit. It's informal at best. Just a series of talks by various people like admissions, a lecturer, accomodation etc.

They basically try sell UCL to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    Congrats man do you by any chance know how places are available at Columbia University for the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! nope, sorry I don't. Is Columbia the one you want to go in your third year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_95)
    Thanks! nope, sorry I don't. Is Columbia the one you want to go in your third year?
    Columbia yes, such a beast university. If I do get accepted (please god) then either Columbia or UCLA considering all my family lives in Los Angeles and I want to move there after graduation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to any of the Nottingham economics days? I've decided to go just so that I don't end up asking 'what if...' two years down the line if I am at Bath.

ReputationRep:
    UCL is such a tease, why oh why are you making me wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenabethx)
    Warwick is even worse- I feel your pain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenabethx)
    If you're so confident on getting an offer then why should it matter when you get it?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard from st andrews or the university or leeds?
    they are the only two im waiting on, im a tad impatient.

ReputationRep:
    Got offer from Aberdeen. I want to make Nottingham as firm choice, but for insurance what you guys would suggest? Sussex or Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquid Gold.)
    If you're so confident on getting an offer then why should it matter when you get it?
    I'm not, I'm terrified I'm getting rejected that's why I said they were they making me wait, meaning a decision....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelRose)
    has anyone heard from st andrews or the university or leeds?
    they are the only two im waiting on, im a tad impatient.
    I got an offer from Leeds on the 21st Jan - I sent my UCAS off on the 6th December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    Anyone going to any of the Nottingham economics days? I've decided to go just so that I don't end up asking 'what if...' two years down the line if I am at Bath.
    I'm going on the 22nd March

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ross95)
    I'm going on the 22nd March

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! Although, I'm going on the 8th :/ I kind of wish we did TSR meet ups at these things :3

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any offers from warwick to do straight economics? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.