Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Ah, I've done my Grade 5 Theory just so I can go past Grade 6 Practical
    Man, theory was such a pain!

I've got the Grade 8 Piano book now, I should practise more

It's weird though, when I perform to large crowds, I don't really feel any excitement or adrenaline, it's a bit like... a concentrated and focused state where I'm not really feeling anything. (You probably have no idea what I'm waffling on about) I suppose that's better than being nervous and shaking madly though
    I do enjoy the feeling after a performance though - it's out of the way xD
    It's a massive pain, I actually hate theory! So glad I didn't pick music GCSE...
    I do know what you mean! I feel no adrenaline, I just feel like I'm a different person...I'm almost acting on stage haha!
    But you are right, the buzz after is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Emma! I do music... Theory is a *****. I don't know what to do! Haha you're so lucky you didn't take it!

Posted from TSR Mobile School countdown : 2 days
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    It's weird though, when I perform to large crowds, I don't really feel any excitement or adrenaline, it's a bit like... a concentrated and focused state where I'm not really feeling anything. (You probably have no idea what I'm waffling on about) I suppose that's better than being nervous and shaking madly though
    I do enjoy the feeling after a performance though - it's out of the way xD
    I kind of know what you're talking about with doing something in front of everyone. In the Oxford Union Debating workshops, you're under an immense amount of pressure to think on your feet and speak well in front of a hundred other people, but once you've finished the debate it feels much better than you thought it would go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma.b)
    It's a massive pain, I actually hate theory! So glad I didn't pick music GCSE...
    I do know what you mean! I feel no adrenaline, I just feel like I'm a different person...I'm almost acting on stage haha!
    But you are right, the buzz after is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Scumbag brain, I wish I could activate that focused mode whenever

I hated writing out music in theory, it always took ages. Transposition was so boring Are you planning to go to Grade 8 Theory? I stopped as soon as I could, now my next and last music exam is my Grade 8 Practical :woo:

(Original post by Jina)
    Hey Emma! I do music... Theory is a *****. I don't know what to do! Haha you're so lucky you didn't take it!

I kinda regret not doing GCSE Music :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    I kind of know what you're talking about with doing something in front of everyone. In the Oxford Union Debating workshops, you're under an immense amount of pressure to think on your feet and speak well in front of a hundred other people, but once you've finished the debate it feels much better than you thought it would go.
    Stopped reading when I got to Oxford :pierre:

jk xD

It's like a huge burden lifted off your shoulders. It'll be the same when we actually turn out to be as handsome as ours parents wanted us to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

All my friends say it is such a pain, I'm glad I chose not to! I don't think I could compose either...hmm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have only ever debated a few times and i loved it! Even though I hate arguments with people, knowing your point and arguing for it rather than AT someone feels amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Scumbag brain, I wish I could activate that focused mode whenever

I hated writing out music in theory, it always took ages. Transposition was so boring Are you planning to go to Grade 8 Theory? I stopped as soon as I could, now my next and last music exam is my Grade 8 Practical :woo:

I kinda regret not doing GCSE Music :/
    I know, ah the harmonising...it's awful! Transposing music is a nightmare all together and my singing teacher has a fondness for it...
    I'm planning to see how this year goes! To be honest, I'm not sure that it will get me anywhere...my voice isn't exactly an instrument..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All my friends say it is such a pain, I'm glad I chose not to! I don't think I could compose either...hmm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Composing is such a joke! Haha we use macs and even then i dont know what im doing half the time. I got an A* in one composition and B in the other. -_- theory is C-E grade! Haha, i'm not for this music life. I know of your friends pain. GCSE music destoys any passion you may have had before for music... *emo*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Stopped reading when I got to Oxford :pierre:

jk xD

It's like a huge burden lifted off your shoulders. It'll be the same when we actually turn out to be as handsome as ours parents wanted us to be
    You're in denial. Oxford wipes the floor with Vilebridge. :pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show

jk xD

Spoiler:
    Show

Or am I? :pierre:

Exactly! Sometimes, you overthink and overprepare what is in reality a few seconds of performance that doesn't have much effect on you.

:lol: My burden is more to get into Harvard than to be handsome. The latter is already achieved.

I have only ever debated a few times and i loved it! Even though I hate arguments with people, knowing your point and arguing for it rather than AT someone feels amazing!
    I know right! Debating is one of the best ways of beating someone without laying your hands on them.

Brains over Brawn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Composing is such a joke! Haha we use macs and even then i dont know what im doing half the time. I got an A* in one composition and B in the other. -_- theory is C-E grade! Haha, i'm not for this music life. I know of your friends pain. GCSE music destoys any passion you may have had before for music... *emo*

In our school we use awful old software that my friends hate!
    Ugh that's not good, I hate when one score brings down the other!

My passion is never ending!! YAY FOR NOT DOING MUSIC GCSE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jina)
    I had a love for ICT before I took the qualification. That has long gone. :emo: :moon:

Why do GCSEs destroy what should be great subjects?!

ReputationRep:
    In our school we use awful old software that my friends hate!
    Ugh that's not good, I hate when one score brings down the other!

My passion is never ending!! YAY FOR NOT DOING MUSIC GCSE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol... We're an arts school so everything is up to date. Downfall being the teacher is old and doesn't know how to use Macs! It's so fraustrating, i even cried *weakling* a few weeks ago, because my teacher sat there insulting my composition for 30 minutes instead of helping me. :/ Send my condolences to your friends.... We suffer in silence. Lol, seriously though, consider yourself fortunate.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1365801952.149900.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  146.5 KB
    Yeah be jelly of my takeaway guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    woww

ReputationRep:
    I had a love for ICT before I took the qualification. That has long gone. :emo: :moon:

Haha, education is doing the opposite of enlightening us. it's so sad, we weren't even told music has a theory exam. My teacher lured us with the false hope of going to concerts. Oh we go to concerts alright, to watch orchestras and middle aged people on their date night. -_-

i hate music so much. If i was you, id never look at a computer the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I assume most of you have twitter don't you? What are your usernames? I want to follow

ReputationRep:
    x
    There's the confidence!

I actually hate the whole idea of GCSEs :/
    Like, it's just a horrible idea and it's badly executed.

(Original post by Jina)
    x
    The music teachers at my school are AMAZING. Shame one of them's leaving this year though They're the non-elitist type that welcome anyone, no matter what their skill is. They really make music enjoyable

x
    Sibelius?
    I actually had to learn how to compose for my Theory exam and it turns out there was a 'formula' if you want to compose ONLY for Theory exams. I'm so glad it's over though. Then again, I finished it like 3 years ago xD

(Original post by MattFletcher)
    I assume most of you have twitter don't you? What are your usernames? I want to follow
    @Bude8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Just instagram! not even Facebook or anything...I had to delete it!

Cause you know people these days...they just aren't very nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Curry overload. :emo:

WHERE IS THE EGG FRIED RICE AND CHICKEN CHOW MEIN?! :fuhrer:

(Original post by Jina)
    Haha, education is doing the opposite of enlightening us. it's so sad, we weren't even told music has a theory exam. My teacher lured us with the false hope of going to concerts. Oh we go to concerts alright, to watch orchestras and middle aged people on their date night. -_-

i hate music so much. If i was you, id never look at a computer the same way.
    My teacher lured me through fun units and "useful knowledge in real life". Since when is making god damn polygon animations useful in real life?!

I do want to learn Computing (So programming like C++) but I have an ingrained hatred for Mediator and Serif Draw forever more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.