Reply 2940
Original post by Mike_123
I reckon there's gonna be LOADS of rejections tomorrow

Let's just hope I don't get an email from LSE then :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by yzhang
It's strange that I got a 2week email yesterday....??

I'm not sure, sorry!
Original post by GML
What were your GCSE's? I had the same worry so applied for straight Economics at UCL and then Economic Hist with Eco at LSE as a back up.

5A* 4A 1B but I've also completed an IT qualification worth 3A* so it's either 5 or 8 A*. Most likely 5 since the universities I've emailed disregarded the qualification and said it was 5.
Original post by NedStark
Received an offer for Bsc Economics today. 7 weeks into my 5 week email. I'm especially surprised as I thought my GCSE's would hold me back.

Congrats Ned, you deserve it :biggrin:.
Reply 2944
5A* 4A 1B but I've also completed an IT qualification worth 3A* so it's either 5 or 8 A*. Most likely 5 since the universities I've emailed disregarded the qualification and said it was 5.

Ahh still far better than mine, I only started paying attention last year, see. Anyway congrats on the offer.
Reply 2945
Original post by Mike_123
I reckon there's gonna be LOADS of rejections tomorrow

Please, don't tell me that! It's more than 7 weeks since my 5 weeks email and I've heard nothing from them today. Now I wish I did not find this forum, I would feel better not knowing that they send rejections on Fridays.
Reply 2946
I'm scared about tomorrow its LSE friday. And its friday 13th...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone at all get the 4 weeks email after their 5 week email? I got a 2 week email, then a five week email, and last week I got a 4 weeks email as well as a mate, saying 'we are still considering your application... strongest in the cohort... blah blah blah... we will be back in touch within 4 weeks....''
Original post by deatheater4134
Did anyone at all get the 4 weeks email after their 5 week email? I got a 2 week email, then a five week email, and last week I got a 4 weeks email as well as a mate, saying 'we are still considering your application... strongest in the cohort... blah blah blah... we will be back in touch within 4 weeks....''

Yes, I got the 4 week email last Friday. I guess we could potentially hear back from them before Christmas. Still preparing myself for a rejection though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We will see
Reply 2950
Original post by gracelich
Yes, I got the 4 week email last Friday. I guess we could potentially hear back from them before Christmas. Still preparing myself for a rejection though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont worry about it too much. If they said your application is amongst the strongest that probably mean they are just waiting for everyone to apply to make sure they wont run out if places when those apply, so you still havent got your offer for safety measures. I only had ABBB and i was made an offer. Although, history might not be the most competitive of their courses. Hope this helped.
Reply 2951
Original post by Amu-ka
Please, don't tell me that! It's more than 7 weeks since my 5 weeks email and I've heard nothing from them today. Now I wish I did not find this forum, I would feel better not knowing that they send rejections on Fridays.

Exactly same. 7 weeks after I received a 5 week email.

Please don't give me rejection tomorrow LSE :frown:
Original post by Amu-ka

LSE also give out lots of offers on Fridays as well so all is not lost :biggrin:.
Original post by arminb

Dont worry about it too much. If they said your application is amongst the strongest that probably mean they are just waiting for everyone to apply to make sure they wont run out if places when those apply, so you still havent got your offer for safety measures. I only had ABBB and i was made an offer. Although, history might not be the most competitive of their courses. Hope this helped.

I really hope you're right! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2954
Original post by Dilzo999
LSE also give out lots of offers on Fridays as well so all is not lost :biggrin:.

Hopefully :smile:
Anyway, I want to know the answer!
Reply 2955
Congratulations to everyone who has got an offer and good luck to those who are still waiting!!
Got AAA for Buisness Mathematics and Stats today!

Congratulations Ned!! If you don't mind, can you please tell me your As subject results and UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yousuf5465
Congratulations Ned!! If you don't mind, can you please tell me your As subject results and UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem. I have 4A's in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics. Average UMS of 93.

Maths (292/300)
Further Maths (282/300)
Economics (178/200)
Physics (278/300)
Reply 2959
Original post by chester1995
Got AAA for Buisness Mathematics and Stats today!

Congrats Chester! Well done. When did you send your application? Are you a home or an international applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending