Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    I reckon there's gonna be LOADS of rejections tomorrow
    Let's just hope I don't get an email from LSE then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yzhang)
    It's strange that I got a 2week email yesterday....??
    I'm not sure, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GML)
    What were your GCSE's? I had the same worry so applied for straight Economics at UCL and then Economic Hist with Eco at LSE as a back up.
    5A* 4A 1B but I've also completed an IT qualification worth 3A* so it's either 5 or 8 A*. Most likely 5 since the universities I've emailed disregarded the qualification and said it was 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Received an offer for Bsc Economics today. 7 weeks into my 5 week email. I'm especially surprised as I thought my GCSE's would hold me back.
    Congrats Ned, you deserve it .

ReputationRep:
    5A* 4A 1B but I've also completed an IT qualification worth 3A* so it's either 5 or 8 A*. Most likely 5 since the universities I've emailed disregarded the qualification and said it was 5.
    Ahh still far better than mine, I only started paying attention last year, see. Anyway congrats on the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    I reckon there's gonna be LOADS of rejections tomorrow
    Please, don't tell me that! It's more than 7 weeks since my 5 weeks email and I've heard nothing from them today. Now I wish I did not find this forum, I would feel better not knowing that they send rejections on Fridays.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared about tomorrow its LSE friday. And its friday 13th...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone at all get the 4 weeks email after their 5 week email? I got a 2 week email, then a five week email, and last week I got a 4 weeks email as well as a mate, saying 'we are still considering your application... strongest in the cohort... blah blah blah... we will be back in touch within 4 weeks....''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deatheater4134)
    Did anyone at all get the 4 weeks email after their 5 week email? I got a 2 week email, then a five week email, and last week I got a 4 weeks email as well as a mate, saying 'we are still considering your application... strongest in the cohort... blah blah blah... we will be back in touch within 4 weeks....''
    Yes, I got the 4 week email last Friday. I guess we could potentially hear back from them before Christmas. Still preparing myself for a rejection though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We will see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    Yes, I got the 4 week email last Friday. I guess we could potentially hear back from them before Christmas. Still preparing myself for a rejection though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont worry about it too much. If they said your application is amongst the strongest that probably mean they are just waiting for everyone to apply to make sure they wont run out if places when those apply, so you still havent got your offer for safety measures. I only had ABBB and i was made an offer. Although, history might not be the most competitive of their courses. Hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amu-ka)
    Please, don't tell me that! It's more than 7 weeks since my 5 weeks email and I've heard nothing from them today. Now I wish I did not find this forum, I would feel better not knowing that they send rejections on Fridays.
    Exactly same. 7 weeks after I received a 5 week email.

Please don't give me rejection tomorrow LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amu-ka)
    LSE also give out lots of offers on Fridays as well so all is not lost .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    Dont worry about it too much. If they said your application is amongst the strongest that probably mean they are just waiting for everyone to apply to make sure they wont run out if places when those apply, so you still havent got your offer for safety measures. I only had ABBB and i was made an offer. Although, history might not be the most competitive of their courses. Hope this helped.
    I really hope you're right! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    LSE also give out lots of offers on Fridays as well so all is not lost .
    Hopefully
    Anyway, I want to know the answer!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone who has got an offer and good luck to those who are still waiting!!

ReputationRep:
    Got AAA for Buisness Mathematics and Stats today!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Ned!! If you don't mind, can you please tell me your As subject results and UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chester1995)
    Got AAA for Buisness Mathematics and Stats today!
    Congrats Chester! Well done. When did you send your application? Are you a home or an international applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousuf5465)
    Congratulations Ned!! If you don't mind, can you please tell me your As subject results and UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem. I have 4A's in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics. Average UMS of 93.

Maths (292/300)
    Further Maths (282/300)
    Economics (178/200)
    Physics (278/300)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.