Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Yea same, he deserves it really! He's playing better than I've seen for a long while. Terrific form.

Gonna be Novak, and gotta be 50/50. Novak is too good for Stan.
    Yeah I have a feeling Novak will be too consistent for Stan this time round and will weather the storm better this time round because as well as Stan played last year Novak was just a whisker away. I feel if Stan and Novak play their best Novak will win. If Novak has a mental lapse in the key points like he did last year and like he does on occasion, if Stan is playing his best he'll be more than ready to take advantage. Either way the final promises to be better than last year so tennis wins in both the men's and women's game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Either way the final promises to be better than last year so tennis wins in both the men's and women's game.
    not in the women's final. Serena will make Sharapova's life hell, can't wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Only because people want to avoid seeing Murray-Djokovic final. It's amazing how they both turn into blockers when they face each other.
    Yeah, if Murray played like today in the 2nd and 3rd then I wouldn't mind the match up so much. Just can't be having the kind of boring style 5 hour slugfests that I play in grand slam finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    not in the women's final. Serena will make Sharapova's life hell, can't wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, the thing is Serena can be patchy against everyone else and then just turns it on against Sharapova and beats her handily so we'll see. The streak has to end at some point though but yeah maybe not this time, Serena is a beast in finals especially

ReputationRep:
    Murray was great but Berdych was pathetic. Whoever wins the next semi will be the favourite in the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Stan could drop to 10 in the rankings if he loses to Nishikori. That's what happens when you only really turn up for two tournaments and mug around in the rest.
    Stan is real mug only way he gains credibility if he makes to the final

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Stan is real mug only way he gains credibility if he makes to the final

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or if plays well. Not like the last time when he played Djokovic.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't think Murray would have made the final if he had to play Federer or Nadal. Just my opinion so don't kill me for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Maybe that's what we're building up to. Serena's been claiming sickness the last few days, so she's either going to fight and win like a warrior in the final, or she's got her excuse lined up just in case her 11-year dominance over Sharapova ends.

Roger will stay at No. 2 for a while - only Murray could pressure him, and he has to win the Australian Open for that.
    Nads will be there overtake Fed soon just wait till Rio open starts lol! I say nads making improvements in IW-MI and then a better clay court season so by the end of clay season Nads could be no. 2 . Murray may spoil the party for nads due to AO-Wimby

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    According to stats Murray has been the best returner in this AO, let's hope he can maintain the great return stats for the whole year and improve the second serve ! MURRAY playing for the CAREER Slam at RG? I do hope murray can get some big titles his obviously the weakest when it comes to big 4 career wise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nads will be there overtake Fed soon just wait till Rio open starts lol! I say nads making improvements in IW-MI and then a better clay court season so by the end of clay season Nads could be no. 2 . Murray may spoil the party for nads due to AO-Wimby

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nadal will decline this year. You know he isn't 25 any more.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal will decline this year. You know he isn't 25 any more.
    Order will be restored during the clay season this year

Nadal has plenty of time to get back in shape:rolleyes:

Everybody has his number until RG starts even the infamous Soderling is in the negative

ReputationRep:
    Or if plays well. Not like the last time when he played Djokovic.
    Nole will win in 4 I think he hasn't even droped a set yet But as Murray has been the best returner nole been the best server.

I want Murray to win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Order will be restored during the clay season this year

Nadal has plenty of time to get back in shape:rolleyes:

Everybody has his number until RG starts even the infamous Soderling is in the negative
    He will probably win RG this year but if you are expecting another 2013, then don't.

And last year he wasn't that dominant on clay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nole will win in 4 I think he hasn't even droped a set yet But as Murray has been the best returner nole been the best server.

I want Murray to win
    I want Stan to win but between Murray and Djokovic, I want like Djokovic to win. I can't stand Murray tbh.

ReputationRep:
    He will probably win RG this year but if you are expecting another 2013, then don't.

And last year he wasn't that dominant on clay.
    I know thats why I said Nadal will have a normal clay season not a shocking one like last year, nevertheless am not too concerned about RG, Just Murray winning 3/4 will be great? Australia and Wimbledon for this year pushing for the no.1 spot? It can be possible if he gets 2/4 and 1/4 for nole and nads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    I know thats why I said Nadal will have a normal clay season not a shocking one like last year, nevertheless am not too concerned about RG, Just Murray winning 3/4 will be great? Australia and Wimbledon for this year pushing for the no.1 spot? It can be possible if he gets 2/4 and 1/4 for nole and nads.
    You can't say that for sure that Nadal will have a normal clay season. Time will tell.

I would like Stan to win AO, Nole for RG, Fed for Wim and Delpo/Kei for US Open. That would be a perfect season for me.

ReputationRep:
    You can't say that for sure that Nadal will have a normal clay season. Time will tell.

I would like Stan to win AO, Nole for RG, Fed for Wim and Delpo/Kei for US Open. That would be a perfect season for me.
    Wow! din't know your a big Stan supporter, him over Murrovic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Wow! din't know your a big Stan supporter, him over Murrovic
    I like one handed backhand.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Come on Andy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.