Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Surely circumstances would be different considering you're a mature applicant? Maybe email them and see what else you could send in, I doubt work from 10 years ago proves anything about your abilities now :/
    Oh! To clarify I mean my essays are only from last year, but they were the first pieces of academic writing I had done since I left school ten years ago So they're a bit janky and awkward. I'm hoping maybe the college will consider that without me mentioning it just because I am a mature applicant? Touch wood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivoryfall)
    Oh! To clarify I mean my essays are only from last year, but they were the first pieces of academic writing I had done since I left school ten years ago So they're a bit janky and awkward. I'm hoping maybe the college will consider that without me mentioning it just because I am a mature applicant? Touch wood!
    Oh sorry for misunderstanding! Maybe you could mention that in your cover letter? I don't really get how written work works either haha

Although I am sure it is not as bad as you think

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 8A*s 2As
    AS: AAB (A in Spanish and French, B in biology)
    A2 (predictions): A*A*A (A in biology)
    College: Merton

I have a really quick question!
    I'm applying for French and Spanish but I was just wondering can my submitted pieces of work be from my AS year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlynchy)
    GCSEs: 8A*s 2As
    AS: AAB (A in Spanish and French, B in biology)
    A2 (predictions): A*A*A (A in biology)
    College: Merton

I have a really quick question!
    I'm applying for French and Spanish but I was just wondering can my submitted pieces of work be from my AS year?
    I don't see why not but I think they'd prefer it to be from A2.. don't quote me on that though!

ReputationRep:
    To all applying for a science/maths course, what are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    A*A*A for Maths G100

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A for Computer Science G400

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmateurMathsGeek)
    A*A*A for Maths G100

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh nice, same as me I think.. What subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    A*A*A for Computer Science G400

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice, subjects...?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nice, subjects...?
    Maths, Further Maths and Econ AS+A2 in a year

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that I've applied to read physics and have currently been predicted A*A*A in maths, further maths and physics?? Also taking STEP..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that I've applied to read physics and have currently been predicted A*A*A in maths, further maths and physics?? Also taking STEP..
    No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The subject I'm planning is currently predicted less than my other two A Levels.. (although I'm doing my best to convince my teacher for the star..)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The subject I'm planning is currently predicted less than my other two A Levels.. (although I'm doing my best to convince my teacher for the star..)
    It doesn't matter lol, Physics is heavily reliant on Maths anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter lol, Physics is heavily reliant on Maths anyway.
    Fair point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    I'm applying for Classics (course 2b), what about you? Which college?
    Mm, lovely. I'm applying for Classical Arch. and Ancient History, which is a similar course. I'm thinking of either St. Johns, Brasenose or Merton— still quite torn between the three, but right now I feel more partial to the middle one.

ReputationRep:
    Application is almost ready to send, Im applying to St Johns for PPE. Mature candidate so slightly different boat from a lot of you but good luck to everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspirantPPE)
    Application is almost ready to send, Im applying to St Johns for PPE. Mature candidate so slightly different boat from a lot of you but good luck to everyone else.
    Yeah, I'm 'old' like you

Sending my app off on Monday. Did you consider Harris Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William Turtle)
    I find it interesting that the number of neurotics applying (or planning) to Cambrdige, who make such threads, is far greater than the number for Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I agree that arsenal are the best team on the planet. COYG

ReputationRep:
    IGCSEs: 7A* 2A 2B. Hoping to make up for my lack of A* with a good BMAT!
    A Levels: 3A* 3A. Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Greek, Physics, Computing respectively.
    Course: Medicine
    College: St. Hugh's

Do you think it'd be too late sending in an application this close to the deadline? My school hasn't written my reference letter yet so my application hasn't been sent. :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.