Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Don't listen to the other guy's crap. Notts is pretty epic for econ, pretty much consistently top 10. If you end up there, your life won't be over - hell, I'd venture to say your graduate prospects would still be fantastic.

Yeah, UCL is a "target school" for IB, but at the end of the day you can break in from either - there isn't some ridiculous mile long gap between the two departments. So, choose based on which one you personally prefer as they are both great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with Notts, or your graduate prospects would be harmed by going to Notts- I'm putting it as insurance myself!

All I said is that you'd regret it if you could have got in to UCL, as it is clearly better. Having said that, Notts is still a very good uni and good for econ, so if you feel you won't get in to UCL then definitely go for Notts.

ReputationRep:
    How good is Warwick economics and ind org? I'm an offer holder but getting the impression it's probs not better than UCL straight econ?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Warwick Econ today! Track updated at 12.32!
    GCSE: 8A* 2A AS: AAAB (History, Bio, Econ and Maths respectively - yes B in maths AS). Predicted A*AA
    Applied 9 Oct, offer 17 Feb. It's been a long wait and I'm super surprised, esp after I was rejected from LSE E&EH due to AS grades... Really happy right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrypotterfan6)
    GCSE: 8A* 2A AS: AAAB (History, Bio, Econ and Maths respectively - yes B in maths AS). Predicted A*AA
    Applied 9 Oct, offer 17 Feb. It's been a long wait and I'm super surprised, esp after I was rejected from LSE E&EH due to AS grades... Really happy right now!
    Congratulations!
    There's hope for me yet, seeing as I'm almost identical in terms of grades

ReputationRep:
    Congratulation 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    Congratulations!
    There's hope for me yet, seeing as I'm almost identical in terms of grades
    Just adds confusion to how Warwick select applicants! I'd given up and had started planning a gap yr, as my AS grades aren't as good as other worthy candidates!

(Original post by tomixox)
    Congratulation
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well done! You've just given this threat an injection of hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paddy444)
    Well done! You've just given this threat an injection of hope
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    When will it be my turn. Very similar grades to me.

ReputationRep:
    so jealous!! is his straight econ?? if you say yes then it will have made my day(/month)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    so jealous!! is his straight econ?? if you say yes then it will have made my day(/month)
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer from UCL!!!! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCoolBK)
    Conditional offer from UCL!!!! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats mate! You gonna firm it? Stats?

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide between Portsmouth, essex and coventry university to study straight econ. Any advice/help would be breather appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAthwal1)
    Congrats mate! You gonna firm it? Stats?
    Thank you! 😊 yup UCL will be by firm and B'ham as my insurance.

GCSEs: 1A*, 4As and 2Bs plus distinction in OCR nationals ICT.

AS: ABBD in Maths, Chemistry, Economics and Applied ICT respectively

Predicted A*AA

I did my GCSEs at an underachieving school but am now doing A levels at a grammar school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Bristol!Economics and finance!Yippee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HBS_34)
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with Notts, or your graduate prospects would be harmed by going to Notts- I'm putting it as insurance myself!

All I said is that you'd regret it if you could have got in to UCL, as it is clearly better. Having said that, Notts is still a very good uni and good for econ, so if you feel you won't get in to UCL then definitely go for Notts.
    Is your notts offer A*AA? If so, what will you do if you miss the a* and get AAA?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! 😊 yup UCL will be by firm and B'ham as my insurance.

GCSEs: 1A*, 4As and 2Bs plus distinction in OCR nationals ICT.

AS: ABBD in Maths, Chemistry, Economics and Applied ICT respectively

Predicted A*AA

I did my GCSEs at an underachieving school but am now doing A levels at a grammar school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! When did you apply? And did your portico status change? Also, when is the open day you are invited to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    Congrats! When did you apply? And did your portico status change? Also, when is the open day you are invited to?
    I sent my Ucas off at around 11th November. Had my open day on the 11th feb actually. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer from UCL!!!! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! Is it for straight Econ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.