Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstieW)
    (Original post by macarenafc92)
    (Original post by nature_elf)
    Your experiences sound amazing!

I guess my strengths are more academic than practical, graduated as top of my class from my undergrad (science) and had the full score in the Italian equivalent of A levels, but I only started recently with my HCA job. Not so confident about Cambridge but I thought I might give it a go as I already have 3 UKCAT unis

So my work experience is full-time HCA, one month in a rural African clinic, 9 months patient experience volunteer, some shadowing experience in private practices, hospital wards, and a humble one week in a caring home which was my first ever work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    Where have you applied to as your UKCAT unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unfinisheduserna)
    I received an email from the administration team at Kings. They said that they aimed to hold interviews for the GEM course on the 8th and 11th January.
    Argh, potential clash with Warwick there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    Where have you applied to as your UKCAT unis?
    Warwick, Barts, King's!
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    after a series of mishaps, including a damaged computer, an unreachable referee and a bad internet connection, i submitted my ucas application for cambridge one minute late. am i doomed?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I've applied to Barts, KCL, Warwick and Southampton.

Good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesreyns)
    after a series of mishaps, including a damaged computer, an unreachable referee and a bad internet connection, i submitted my ucas application for cambridge one minute late. am i doomed?
    I really want to say you're not doomed, but I'm not sure! It's worth calling UCAS to ask...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christyriot)
    Hey guys!

I've applied to Barts, KCL, Warwick and Southampton.

Good luck to you all!
    I've applied to the exact same unis, hope to see you at interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilithSternin)
    I remember you from biomedical sciences threads three years ago, how the time has flown! Where are you applying?
    Hahahaha heyy I'm applying to kings and qmul for both their gem and undergrad coursess. Are you applying to gem as well this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wciselko)
    are you talking about kings? they said a mathematics degree counted as a science to me.
    I was. Sorry, I was talking specifically about my engineering degree. They said 'hard core sciences' such as Chemistry, Physics and Maths were fine, as were life sciences. All other science degrees require at least 50% of the course to be chemistry content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albert95)
    Hahahaha heyy I'm applying to kings and qmul for both their gem and undergrad coursess. Are you applying to gem as well this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am yes! King's, Bart's, Warwick and Newcastle all for GEM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampowell92)
    I've applied to the exact same unis, hope to see you at interviews!
    Haha! Awesome! I hope to see you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wciselko)
    same as me. what your ukcat?
    Woo! 740 with 680 in VR, so hopefully I've got decent chance Warwick at least... Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZKay)
    I have! I've applied to Southampton, KCL, Newcastle and Keele - all 5 year! x
    I went for Manchester, Sheffield and Keele five years!! Good luck guys

Just a quick question,

When you updated your Pearson VUE page, when you logged on we're you faced with a page to fill in with your UCAS Id and choices? And then when you clicked save you went to the home page and that's it?

Did you also receive an email saying your Pearson VUE profile has changed?

Just want to make sure I've done it right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)

Just a quick question,

When you updated your Pearson VUE page, when you logged on we're you faced with a page to fill in with your UCAS Id and choices? And then when you clicked save you went to the home page and that's it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No email but it is fine as the home page stated in small font that the details were saved and if you check again afterwards it will have been amended. I'm sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)

Just a quick question,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When i logged in i went onto 'additional information' then filled out my 5 choices. I didn't receive an email though :/ Now i'm worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    No email but it is fine as the home page stated in small font that the details were saved and if you check again afterwards it will have been amended. I'm sure you'll be fine!
    So both of you didn't get emails? 😒😒 I didn't see the small print! **** I'm scared now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I just read the reference my tutor submitted. First of all he said I graduated in 2014 instead of 2015, and there are so many typos! I'm assuming he did this in an incredible rush.

It won't affect my application will it? Mainly worried about the date part :/

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who applied for King's five year received a confirmation email? (I submitted application on 10th and received emails from all the other unis except King's)

ReputationRep:
    Applied to all 5 years
    Sheffield
    Newcastle
    Manchester
    Glasgow

hopefully SHEFFIELD accepts me my dream uni

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.