The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ankabout
True but Anwar Awlaki did join AQ didn't he?

As far as I know, yes.
Really? I was more like 'yikes!'. :eek:

Your 'rat' posts especially :lol:
How unfortunate... but pre-AQ his talks were good?

They are. I could not find any hint of an AQ mentality in the majority of not all of them.
Original post by IdeasForLife
He makes me look like a liberal tbh.

You're not?
Original post by HSafirah
Your 'rat' posts especially :lol:

Ohhh hahaha! Glad I made someone laugh. :biggrin: Ok I thought you were talking about the more recent posts.
I have a feeling you haven't quite learnt your lesson. :eyeball:

What are you trying to say Anka Baaji :hmmm:
Original post by Ibn Fulaan

You're not?

No :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hello all,

Just got a quick question to you guys. Since you believe the Koran is the word of God, do you INTERPRET everything it says LITERALLY. For example do you really believe that for example King Solomon communicated LITERALLY with ants or do you take a METAPHORICAL meaning from this story? 18] At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."
19] So he smiled, amused at its speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favors, which Thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: and admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."

Thanks

Yeah Prophet Sulaiman could talk to animals and birds.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hello all,

Just got a quick question to you guys. Since you believe the Koran is the word of God, do you INTERPRET everything it says LITERALLY. For example do you really believe that for example King Solomon communicated LITERALLY with ants or do you take a METAPHORICAL meaning from this story? 18] At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."
19] So he smiled, amused at its speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favors, which Thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: and admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."

Thanks

No I do not interpret everything literally. In the example you've given though - yes I interpret these verses literally.
No I do not interpret everything literally. In the example you've given though - yes I interpret these verses literally.

LOL

See Muhammad Asad's footnote on these verses
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
LOL

See Muhammad Asad's footnote on these verses

HAHAHA so funny.

I've never read his work(s).
HAHAHA so funny.

I've never read his work(s).

You should check out his translation and tafseer. He's probably the most sane Muslim exegete I've come across.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't get the joke :confused:
What's been going on here?

---------

Alhamdulillah for such a great day
Indeed, it's hilarious.

You should check out his translation and tafseer. He's probably the most sane Muslim exegete I've come across.

Dima lol. I don't care.

Not sure why you feel the need to quote me. Or the constant attempts to undermine Islam on the ISOC. Honestly mate, we don't care about what you think.
Original post by Mary562
I don't get the joke :confused:
What's been going on here?

---------

Alhamdulillah for such a great day

Some non-Muslim trying to act smart lol.
Dima lol. I don't care.

Not sure why you feel the need to quote me. Or the constant attempts to undermine Islam on the ISOC. Honestly mate, we don't care about what you think.

Okay :redface:

I just wanted to point out that at least one well-known scholar acknowledged the Quranic account of Solomon as a myth.
Okay :redface:

I just wanted to point out that at least one well-known scholar recognised the Quranic account of Solomon as a myth.

If you say so.

Haha I see

But I AM smart :colone:

I have to hand in my weekly physics problem set tomorrow, but thanks to TSR I haven't done a single question yet :frown:
But I AM smart :colone:

I have to hand in my weekly physics problem set tomorrow, but thanks to TSR I haven't done a single question yet :frown:

Probably are. However if you wish to make a point or add on to convo, it's better to not start off with "LOL" and mock the other person. I don't have a problem with non-Muslims posting here in general but if they take mick then I'm not going to be a ray of sunshine to them.

Better get working, do an all nighter.
Probably are. However if you wish to make a point or add on to convo, it's better to not start off with "LOL" and mock the other person. I don't have a problem with non-Muslims posting here in general but if they take mick then I'm not going to be a ray of sunshine to them.

Better get working, do an all nighter.

Ah, well. I think my relatively unprofessional posts at night can be excused because it's....night :getmecoat:

You know what, I think I'll have to get started now. Good night :flybye:
Ah, well. I think my relatively unprofessional posts at night can be excused because it's....night :getmecoat:

You know what, I think I'll have to get started now. Good night :flybye:

Good night mate. Have fun :ciao:

Latest

Trending

Trending