Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebc)
    41/60 I think i'm going to cry
    Same! But on the other hand I'm surprised I got 41 cos after that exam I honestly did not know what to say! But i got the main 4 marker and 5 marker QWC questions, it was just like 5of the 1 markers i messed up on and peritoneal dialysis

ReputationRep:
    oh no i missed the part that mentioned vasodialation stupidly and so talked about detoxification of alcohol and how it would use up NAD so less NAD available for respiration therefore respiration will decrease so in turn body temperature will decrease, any chance for any marks?
    im so frustrated i missed such easy marks :/

ReputationRep:
    for the leaf adaptation question i put those in the shade may have a larger surface meaning their is a large surface area for thylakoids containing chlorophyll so it can achieve maximum light absorption, is that correct or completely wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domcandrews)
    Same! But on the other hand I'm surprised I got 41 cos after that exam I honestly did not know what to say! But i got the main 4 marker and 5 marker QWC questions, it was just like 5of the 1 markers i messed up on and peritoneal dialysis
    Same here, what grade do you think it would be? Last year it would have been an A the year before a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubybio)
    so basically i probs didn't get that 1 marker about chloroplast adaptation (
    I think the cytoskeleton can move them, so maybe you'll be alright!

ReputationRep:
    What an absloute weirdo of a Paper!!!
    a little recall wouldn't be too much to ask!! this is A level not Degree level!! the futures AQA!

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah for the vasodilation part i put it increase the surface area which means more blood can pass through the veins and therefore there is a larger sruface area which heat can be lost from

ReputationRep:
    38 for an A would be an absolute dream, however this paper was by far the hardest one they put out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfcforever)
    38 for an A would be an absolute dream, however this paper was by far the hardest one they put out there
    I agree. I wouldn't rule it out as most of us did so poorly but it's never been so low before. What are the odds they'll put it below 40? I think unlikely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishiwasclever)
    oh no i missed the part that mentioned vasodialation stupidly and so talked about detoxification of alcohol and how it would use up NAD so less NAD available for respiration therefore respiration will decrease so in turn body temperature will decrease, any chance for any marks?
    im so frustrated i missed such easy marks :/
    That's what I put, do you think we would get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    For the fill in the gaps one I put catecholamine instead of hormone - do you think I'd get it right??

ReputationRep:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Here is the unofficial mark scheme link again, some people can't seem to view it.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever exam paper you get it's going to feel like the hardest because it's new and unseen and because you know it's the real exam! Problem is, yes there were a lot of tricky marks, but there were also A LOT of easy marks. I don't think grade boundaries will be that low personally. Perhaps 44/45 for and A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deeferdog)
    anyone else find that ridiculous and felt it just took the ****? needed an A in that paper to stand a chance of getting into my firm and I know for a fact I haven't got it. feel really upset that there didn't seem to be much biology in it in my opinion! all those great past papers and then there's that piece of ****
    To be honest the grade boundaries will be lower so don't worry about it too much, just ace f215!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaduffy)
    For the fill in the gaps one I put catecholamine instead of hormone - do you think I'd get it right??
    It is valid, its about whether or not OCR feel like its correct! But it is biologically correct!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    I agree. I wouldn't rule it out as most of us did so poorly but it's never been so low before. What are the odds they'll put it below 40? I think unlikely
    I dont they think they will put it below 40, but i think personally this was much harder than papers asking for 41 marks as an A, such as the one last year and therefore 38 seems reasonable enough to be an A, however OCR are likley to think different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raach.14)
    That's what I put, do you think we would get any marks?
    I put this too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffledchick)
    Same here, what grade do you think it would be? Last year it would have been an A the year before a C
    Yeah not sure, it's obvious that a lot of people found it hard, not just from here but from twitter and stuff, but then again people saying they've not done as bad as first thought after looking at unofficial ms, which is exactly my case. It's cos there was so many 1/2 markers that required a lot of thought it dragged on a bit when i couldn't think of what to write! Hopefully it's an A boundary maybe? or a very high B all depends

ReputationRep:
    I dont they think they will put it below 40, but i think personally this was much harder than papers asking for 41 marks as an A, such as the one last year and therefore 38 seems reasonable enough to be an A, however OCR are likley to think different
    i think the boys at ocr will just think this cohort were pretty stupid and refuse to put it below 40 as they want to maintain their image or something. Either way, we're ****ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raach.14)
    Whatever exam paper you get it's going to feel like the hardest because it's new and unseen and because you know it's the real exam! Problem is, yes there were a lot of tricky marks, but there were also A LOT of easy marks. I don't think grade boundaries will be that low personally. Perhaps 44/45 for and A?
    i would disagree with that, i did every past paper and found this the toughest by far, last years for example was easier and grade boundaries for an A on that were 41, so i think it would be the same as last year but not any lower, but to be fair even that's a big ask, so you're probably right....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.