Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Yeah. I have a feeling I wrote something along the lines of what my friend said. However, he said that it was data collected by the scientist individually so his answer would make sense. However, if the data was exactly the same then your answer would be correct. OMG. The whole paper went so well for me and now this Neanderthal own is getting me stressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know I'm even doubting myself now!
    But at the end of the day it was only a 2 mark question so even if you did lose the marks it probably won't have made much of a difference

ReputationRep:
    This is the same scenario as the name of the chromosomes. Some people wrote XX,XY but the book states that's they are called Sex chromosomes. I wrote Sex chromosomes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This is the same scenario as the name of the chromosomes. Some people wrote XX,XY but the book states that's they are called Sex chromosomes. I wrote Sex chromosomes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah yeah people at my school have had debates over this one as everyone seems to have put different things! I also put sex chromosomes, but I also but XX and XY in brackets next to it because I wasn't sure. Hopefully if sex chromosomes is right the I'll get the mark as they usually mark the first think you write, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Ah yeah people at my school have had debates over this one as everyone seems to have put different things! I also put sex chromosomes, but I also but XX and XY in brackets next to it because I wasn't sure. Hopefully if sex chromosomes is right the I'll get the mark as they usually mark the first think you write, right?
    I'm not quite sure. I don't think they mark it at all then. In the CGP book it says there called sex chromosome. Oh wait. If you used brackets then it should be correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not quite sure. I don't think they mark it at all then. In the CGP book it says there called sex chromosome. Oh wait. If you used brackets then it should be correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Argh! I hope they mark it! Most of my friends wrote more than one answer, and I think one of them wrote about 3!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote XX and XY but then crossed it out and wrote sex chromosomes as it asked for a name. I just can't remember the Neanderthal one. I hope I got it right or that's two or 1 mark definitely gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Argh! I hope they mark it! Most of my friends wrote more than one answer, and I think one of them wrote about 3!
    Wow. I've got a feeling that the grade boundaries are going to be lower than 45 because everyone has been saying that they found it hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I've got a feeling that the grade boundaries are going to be lower than 45 because everyone has been saying that they found it hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year the grade boundaries for B123 was 45 and sixth formers said it was quite easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Last year the grade boundaries for B123 was 45 and sixth formers said it was quite easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's quite reassuring, as I found it reasonable. Need to do well in 123 and 7 and 456 will let me down massively due to B6 - I've done 2 past papers on 456 and got Cs in both

ReputationRep:
    That's quite reassuring, as I found it reasonable. Need to do well in 123 and 7 and 456 will let me down massively due to B6 - I've done 2 past papers on 456 and got Cs in both
    You've got plenty of time to improve. Just keep at it. I feel sorry for the people that did AQA B123 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah. What did you write for the minimum amount of antigen au needed ? Some people wrote 2.8 and some 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You've got plenty of time to improve. Just keep at it. I feel sorry for the people that did AQA B123 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, as expected cramming has worked wonders for me so far as I have an amazing short-term memory so I'm making the most of it

And yes! All through GCSE I've been jealous of them because I've always had a burning rage for OCR but now I'm much happier with them seeing the kind of stuff AQA have thrown at their poor students...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh yeah. What did you write for the minimum amount of antigen au needed ? Some people wrote 2.8 and some 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't remember...it was either 2.6 or 2.8 but it definitely wasn't 3 - somewhere in the 2. somethings haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I used the point on the antibody line that corresponded with the highest point on the antigen line, whatever number that was

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember...it was either 2.6 or 2.8 but it definitely wasn't 3 - somewhere in the 2. somethings haha
    I wrote 2.8. Yes !! Some people wrote 4.3 or around that because they didn't read the graph properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I wrote 2.8. Yes !! Some people wrote 4.3 or around that because they didn't read the graph properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll admit it confused me a little bit at first but then I spotted it and almost hit myself for missing it the first time around haha

Also, do you feel pushed for time in science exams? Because I always feel that 1 hour is never long enough and 10 extra minutes would be perfect - and I'm not a particularly slow writer or thinker. I'm always rushed like mad in the last 10 minutes and never have time to check my answers at the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    So i've just done my first three exams this week and they all went well. So my dad asks me how i did and i said alright. But the thing is for the exams that i've done last year I told him that it was easy. He said that i shouldn't say easy because that it could turn into a fail because i'm over estimating it.*
    So i decided that whatever exam i take i'll say i did alright. So today and two days ago i've told him that i did alright and today he said that i'm constantly saying alright and what does it technically mean. He also said that we just have to wait for the results to see how alright you did but in a negative way. This actually made me cry so badly - why am I so sensitive ? I don't even get him ?*

Thanks*
    I don't know what to do*
    Don't worry. That's what my father said as well. I just said 'cool, we'll see what I get'. Don't worry. Just keep on working hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll admit it confused me a little bit at first but then I spotted it and almost hit myself for missing it the first time around haha

Also, do you feel pushed for time in science exams? Because I always feel that 1 hour is never long enough and 10 extra minutes would be perfect - and I'm not a particularly slow writer or thinker. I'm always rushed like mad in the last 10 minutes and never have time to check my answers at the end
    I write very quick so I always finish my exams a minimum 10 minutes early. Yeah I missed it as well. Then I went back at the end and changed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    So i've just done my first three exams this week and they all went well. So my dad asks me how i did and i said alright. But the thing is for the exams that i've done last year I told him that it was easy. He said that i shouldn't say easy because that it could turn into a fail because i'm over estimating it.*
    So i decided that whatever exam i take i'll say i did alright. So today and two days ago i've told him that i did alright and today he said that i'm constantly saying alright and what does it technically mean. He also said that we just have to wait for the results to see how alright you did but in a negative way. This actually made me cry so badly - why am I so sensitive ? I don't even get him ?*

Thanks*
    I don't know what to do*
    Aw Nisha!
    Your dad seems very contradictory about the whole thing and I completely understand why you don't get him because it would confuse me too.
    I'd say that if you feel your exam went well then tell the truth, because if it went well then you know you did your absolute best with both revision and the actual paper and therefore this should reflect your results on results day.

I have 100% confidence that you'll get fantastic results as you've worked incredibly hard for them and you're very intelligent. Don't listen to what your dad says because we all know you're capable. Only you sat the exam, he doesn't know what was asked and so he can't make a judgment. Please try not to let this discourage you as you've done so so well up until now and it would be a shame to throw it all away because of his comments

Crying is ok and it is understandable but once you stop you have to promise that you won't get upset over it anymore and you will return stronger that ever! If anything, use it as motivation to prove to him that you're not setting too high expectations as you can do it and we all believe in you!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I write very quick so I always finish my exams a minimum 10 minutes early. Yeah I missed it as well. Then I went back at the end and changed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I wrote much quicker then the marker wouldn't be able to read my writing and I'm not prepared to take that risk!
    Guess I'll just have to spend less time forgetting stuff mid question haha. At least we did realise and change it though so I guess it doesn't matter really in the end

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.