The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanooblol)
    I did Maths last year, but Further Maths this year. What did you think of FP1, FP2, S2 and DE? I did all those as well as S3 and M2. What do you think about these boundaries for full ums :
    DE: 72FP1: 70
    FP2: 69/70?
    S2: 72
    I should have made it clearer, I only did C3-4, FP2, D1, NM, DE this year.

For DE and FP2 though, they sound about right.

What was S2 like this year? Last year it was easy and ended up being 67 for 90UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazysue1)
    It was high school which ruined his love of maths, he pretty much gave up in year 7
    Sad to hear that. Why did he give it up? Was it going too slowly for him?

ReputationRep:
    On results day in my friend's brother's year, track was overloaded and crashed so he couldn't log on. Does this happen frequently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    On results day in my friend's brother's year, track was overloaded and crashed so he couldn't log on. Does this happen frequently?
    Probably, between 7:30-8:30 they'll get a lot of traffic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Probably, between 7:30-8:30 they'll get a lot of traffic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh god. If I can't get onto track, I have to wait until 11am ypto find out if I met my offer as that is when my school puts our results online.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. If I can't get onto track, I have to wait until 11am ypto find out if I met my offer as that is when my school puts our results online.
    Can't you just go in? You should be able to check anyway unless you're unlucky I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just go in? You should be able to check anyway unless you're unlucky I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My school is open from 7:30am but I can't go in. I don't want to see anyone.

ReputationRep:
    My school is open from 7:30am but I can't go in. I don't want to see anyone.
    My school only opens at 9 :////

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My school only opens at 9 :////

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My school says it opens uncommonly early because clearing opens on a first come, first served basis and they want to start helping people find courses asap. You probably go to a school where they don't expect to have many people in clearing!

ReputationRep:
    My school says it opens uncommonly early because clearing opens on a first come, first served basis and they want to start helping people find courses asap. You probably go to a school where they don't expect to have many people in clearing!
    Seems like good thinking tbf. Although a later time gives me some time to nap after the all nighter I probably pulled

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge have already got all our results right?

Weird having a STEP offer for Comp Sci, seeing my results sheet won't even tell me anything I'll have to check track afterwards to actually know if I got in xD

Hope everyone is still able to sleep at night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanooblol)
    Did anyone else do OCR MEI further maths? If so, which modules did you take?
    Yep, last year I did M1,FP1,M2 for Further Maths
    This year I did S2, D2 and FP2

You?

ReputationRep:
    Christ's has probably seen my results by now... I hope my M3 result got lost in-between the exam board and Cambridge...

ReputationRep:
    Haven't had a single dream about results or cambridge. Is this is a good sign. Does this mean I got in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Attachment 571312

Am I screwed?
    This made my day. 😂

Wth why is NatSci at Cambridge on the clearing list??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Cambridge have already got all our results right?

Weird having a STEP offer for Comp Sci, seeing my results sheet won't even tell me anything I'll have to check track afterwards to actually know if I got in xD

Hope everyone is still able to sleep at night
    You get STEP results before the A-level results, IIRC, since they are online from midnight 18th (and the site probably has a lower chance of crashing than UCAS Track).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Christ's has probably seen my results by now... I hope my M3 result got lost in-between the exam board and Cambridge...
    I'm sure all your other modules went well, don't focus on one module.

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    Haven't had a single dream about results or cambridge. Is this is a good sign. Does this mean I got in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's clearly a necessary condition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protoxylic)
    I'm sure all your other modules went well, don't focus on one module.

It's clearly a necessary condition.
    Banging.
    Is it necessary and sufficient though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Wth why is NatSci at Cambridge on the clearing list??
    lol, u got me
    Name:  enaayrah.png
Views: 183
Size:  51.9 KB

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.